Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Best option for automotive scan tool?

1. 03-24-2012 03:44 PM #1
      What are some of the options I can get for an automotive scan tool. I am not talking about $100 where it reads code. I want to be able to get live data, for like the o2 sensor, I want to be able to open and close the purge solenoid for the evap from the computer. Is there any good deals where I can get one with laptop plug and play that supports all vehicles from audi to mercedes. Thanks for your time.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan Comfortline 2.0 TSI 4Motion
      03-26-2012 07:54 PM #2
      I use a Scangauge II. Had it for almost 5 years and love it. It scans for codes and gives you live data for all sensors installed on the car, if there is a PID for it. Customizable for trip data and such. And it works on any OBD II car, including VWs and M-Bs. Even Hyundai ;-)
      It might even be able to open or close your purge solenoid, if you can find the programming codes, as it has the ability to run custom commands. There is a lot of info on the web, but quite often, specific stuff is hard to track down.
      Goes for about $150, tho.
      http://www.scangauge.com/

Vehicles
      2000 audi s4,2001 a4,1999 a4,2002 gti,86 gti,85 scirocco,91 corrado,91 jetta gli,2000 passat
      04-04-2012 08:15 PM #3
      try looking at x431 diagun,or maxidas ds708,or autoboss. most of those will do every car and have alot of features you are looking for.They are not cheap about $1000 to start at the very least but are professional grade tools.
      Own A Audi or VW in the Tri-State Area??Need Repairs???Contact Us.We do free estimates and always use OEM parts and Will Beat any shops prices.We have Over 38 years experience in Servicing and Repairing All European Brands!

4. 04-09-2012 05:45 AM #4
      In all of my diagnostic tools, i enjoy the Launch X431 best. . It has accompanied with me more than 2 years! It could update online to keep space with new models, never outdate
      All most of systems, it could enter and diangose!
      I used it for key learning too! quite tool for me!
      The only pity is that i have to purchase the new update after 1 year!
      I got the update information from http://www.ecutool.com/Ten-Months-Up...agun_1994.html. I will try to update it for 2012 models!

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      04-21-2012 03:56 PM #5
      Launch x431 or Diagun is the way to go.
      I have a OTC genisys and it works ok for most stuff. Doesnt work well for european stuff other then VW. It also has a 4 channel scope.
      the car is on an inclined driveway and up on jack stands in the front only
      02 GTI 1.8t:> 42DD 3" turboback, BFI full stg1 mount kit, Evoms CAI, Forge boost hoses, Tacotaco sidemount, Ebay TIP, IE 2.0 coil conversion, IE manual tensioner, 20th front brake conversion, IE emissions delete, 42dd catch can, Koni STR.t & WRD sport springs, Samco Coolant hoses, SMF vr6 clutch kit.