Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: ING Direct savings account $25 sign up bonus

1. 03-24-2012 07:23 PM #1
      Hey guys,
      I have been using ING Direct's online savings account for about 2 years now. Although the interest rates aren't what they used to be, the 0.80% is much better than what the brick and mortar banks are paying. My experience with their customer service is top notch. One of my favorite features if you have a checking account with them too is the ability to send physical checks from the ING website for free. Anyway I thought I'd let you all know that they have a referral program that new users will get $25 for opening an account and depositing $250. I bought 2 new sets of spark plugs for the TT when I got my bonus , and I thought I'd share the wealth. Anyway I have a few referral links left so if any of you are looking to try a new online savings account and get a bonus pm me and ill send you a referral link.
      Last edited by pat7755; 03-24-2012 at 07:29 PM.

2. 03-24-2012 09:12 PM #2
      I opened a checking account with them a few months ago and they deposited $50 into the account after using their debit card 3 times. Not sure if that deal is still available or not. If you can get that and the referral, that's $75 clams!

3. 03-25-2012 11:36 AM #3
      yes, there is also a $50 bonus for trying ING Sharebuilder (stocks), with no trade requirements for the bonus. the promo code is WSB4, but it is only good for a few more days!

Vehicles
      2005 Passat Variant
      03-25-2012 01:10 PM #4
      There are OK - I've used them for years now for savings.

But pretty soon they will be coming under the ownership of Capitol One - YMMV.

5. 03-25-2012 09:11 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
      There are OK - I've used them for years now for savings.

But pretty soon they will be coming under the ownership of Capitol One - YMMV.
      Yes, I'll have to reconsider when that happens. If Capitol One tried to make any drastic changes, my guess is there'd be a massive exodus. However, I'm sure buried in the fine print is some stipulation regarding a complete withdrawal requiring months of notice or some such nonsense.

6. Member spongebob_squarepants's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '13 Passat SE, '13 Golf 4-Door 2.5L
      04-25-2012 09:00 AM #6
      I'm a big fan of ING. Been with them for about five years now. The check sending feature and p-2-p payments are convenient.