Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: BC Racing BR coilover assistance

Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4
      03-25-2012 10:55 PM #1
      I purchased a set of the BC Racing BR coils overs and was looking for some suggestions on dampening set ups. I have a MKV GTI and if anyone had any advice or suggestions for their soft/hard settings on the coils it would be great. I run pretty much full stiff in the front right now, the ride is firm and forgiving but would like to see if anyone has some suggestions.

Thanks
      B.U.S.
      www.JustStance.com
      "I'm really just a misplaced MKIV guy, honestly. I'll prove it show me a pic of your car and watch me make fun of it."
      Quote: Mr. Moto

2. Member
      Vehicles
      Miata
      03-26-2012 07:55 AM #2
      Just play around with it; every car and every person are going to want something different.

Edit: You are going to want the rear to be softer than the front though; as there's less weight back there.
      Last edited by Project_2501; 03-26-2012 at 08:07 AM.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      05 gti 1.8t/ 00 a4 1.8tqms/ '72 340 duster
      05-30-2012 04:25 PM #3
      I find on my mkiv there is two good setups. One sport stiff and one more comfortable.
      I also installed these on a jcw mini, same settings but he installed swift springs. I would highly recommend you get them. Same spring rate seemed to be the best. The overall comfort was greatly improved and corner traction was also greatly improved. Worth the $380 online.

Anyways, around 10 on the frt from soft and 8 on the rear.on sporty mode 20f 25r,but that helps some understeer on my worse suspension imho.