Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dings and things. The life of a daily.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      04-02-2012 01:52 PM #36
      Hmm, I'm not even sure I remember them telling me there were levels. What did you pay for the standard coverage and what's the term?

I have to double check but I think I paid ~$580 and it was 5/50 term.

Quote Originally Posted by pierovw View Post
      But I do know that there are a few options as far as the whee/tire warranty goes. I think there's Gold, Platinum and something else. Anyone knows if cosmetic damage is included on all of them?

Edit: Nevermind I just looked at my paper and there is only 2 options, the standard and the deluxe. I have the standard.... Which sucks because I was under the impression that the dealer where I bought it told me it would cover cosmetic damage
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      APR Stage 3

Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      04-02-2012 02:04 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by usurpers26 View Post
      Hmm, I'm not even sure I remember them telling me there were levels. What did you pay for the standard coverage and what's the term?

I have to double check but I think I paid ~$580 and it was 5/50 term.
      Yeah he didn't mention anything to me either... In my contract it says 5 year unlimited mileage, and the price for the service contract is $499. But then under plan there is 2 boxes one says "Standard" and the other one "Deluxe" and I have a checkmark on the standard. Not sure whats up but I will call my local dealer and find out.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      04-02-2012 02:10 PM #38
      Ah that's right it was 5 years, no mileage...now I have to double check mine when I get home from work

Quote Originally Posted by pierovw View Post
      Yeah he didn't mention anything to me either... In my contract it says 5 year unlimited mileage, and the price for the service contract is $499. But then under plan there is 2 boxes one says "Standard" and the other one "Deluxe" and I have a checkmark on the standard. Not sure whats up but I will call my local dealer and find out.
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      APR Stage 3

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Golf R
      04-02-2012 02:18 PM #39
      I googled the booklet for the road and hazard, not only does it not have that much info in it, but the verbage makes it sound like the monetary limits are not per year but for the lifetime of the contract? So if you get the 1200 standard one its not 1200 per year but 1200 for the 5 years?

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      04-02-2012 02:26 PM #40
      That may be accurate...I remember the number being a lot higher though. Maybe that is the difference between standard and deluxe?

However, I know whatever I purchased covers cosmetic damage - I had them point it out to me in the documentation.

Of course, once I get home I probably won't be able to find it

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelRB View Post
      I googled the booklet for the road and hazard, not only does it not have that much info in it, but the verbage makes it sound like the monetary limits are not per year but for the lifetime of the contract? So if you get the 1200 standard one its not 1200 per year but 1200 for the 5 years?
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      APR Stage 3

Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      04-02-2012 02:35 PM #41
      Yes I believe this is the difference between standard and deluxe. Not sure about cosmetics between both tho... I hope it does cover it because if not then the ****ty dealer lied to my face

I've seen other threads saying that it does cover cosmetic damages but they mention that they got the "Gold" option. Does this have to do with extended warranty?

7. Member
      Vehicles
      04 R32, MK2 VR6
      04-02-2012 02:43 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by peruski View Post
      Everybody likes to post up pics of their rides shined up and what not... Here's a thread for all the oopsies...

This happened about two weeks after I got my car, parked at work as usual. The exterior faucet on the building exploded out into the parking lot. Guess where my car was parked... Yep, Right in front of it. Ha ha ha What are the odds? I never even noticed a faucet in the seven years I have been parking there...The best part was I was literally walking around the office trying to find where the sound of water running was coming from. Water was blasting on the hood/windshield for a good 20 minutes before a coworker showed up and told me what was going on.
      I remember when you got the RGR's on the GTI. Wasn't there a first day encounter with a crub??

Vehicles
      Golf R
      04-02-2012 02:50 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by andres16V View Post
      I remember when you got the RGR's on the GTI. Wasn't there a first day encounter with a crub??
      Ha ha... my wife curbed two of them right in front of me on Mother's Day.
      I didn't even say a word, part of me died though...

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Golf R
      04-02-2012 04:26 PM #44
      Just an FYI, I called up the service department and told them the car I have and the situation. Didnt give them a name or vin number or anything to look up which plan I have. They said they would replace the tire due to safety reasons with the gash in it, however the did not ask which plan I had, and said in regards to the wheel if it is only cosmetic damage, it would not be replaced. I dont know if they are just assuming I have the base plan (im not sure which one I have, ill check when I get home) or if the only difference in the plan is the monetary amount allowed for repairs and they both do not cover cosmetic damages?

Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      04-02-2012 04:37 PM #45
      Just an FYI, I called up the service department and told them the car I have and the situation. Didnt give them a name or vin number or anything to look up which plan I have. They said they would replace the tire due to safety reasons with the gash in it, however the did not ask which plan I had, and said in regards to the wheel if it is only cosmetic damage, it would not be replaced. I dont know if they are just assuming I have the base plan (im not sure which one I have, ill check when I get home) or if the only difference in the plan is the monetary amount allowed for repairs and they both do not cover cosmetic damages?
      It's kind of misleading I think, because my local dealer also told me this but the dealer where I bought the car (and sold me the tire/wheel warranty) clearly said that if I curve the wheel they would fix any scratch or bend etc... As I mentioned above some people in MKVI forum mentioned that they got their wheels repaired/replaced only for cosmetic damage, but they all mentioned they had Gold plan

Vehicles
      12 Golf 2.0TQM
      04-02-2012 04:45 PM #46
      I DD mine.

found out R is lower than TDI

yesterday hit the front tooth on a concrete parking thingamajig...put little scratch

12. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      12 Golf R 4dr Nav/Sun RBM, 11 Sportwagen SE, 96 Land Cruiser SC, 86 Mustang GT Conv
      04-02-2012 04:45 PM #47
      Look out, sure they'll replace the tire for safety but the question is how much will it cost?

Within a week I backed out of the garage, parked way over, and bumped the side view mirror turn signal. Barely tapped it but it broke the tab that sticks through the trim. IE, little square piece you see the blinker when on. $48 and 1/2 hour time good as new (couple days for the part). Then being a nice guy, let the sales mgr at the dealership take a little test drive. Nice as can be existing the drive, scuffed the front underside. Looking bad because the clear bra turned white but did take a little blue off on both sides. I think I'll remove the clear bra, 3 small strips, touch up and have the 3 little strips replaced. That front is low so I or my wife will likely do it too. That's it, know on wood, other than grandmother and cookie crumbs. How she got those crumbs so imbedded...

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Golf R
      04-02-2012 06:58 PM #48
      I checked my warranty paperwork. I do have the more expensive one. 5000 dollars 5 year plan, however it looks like bother specifically say they do not cover cosmetic damage. If anyone has a different one that states otherwise please let me know.

Vehicles
      12 CW Golf R, FS 06 GTI
      04-04-2012 12:34 AM #49
      I scraped the lower front like others did above. I about cried but I at least got 1000 miles on it before its first scar. I'll probably wet sand it down and use some touch up paint. Good thing is you can't see it with out bending down and looking up at it. I may put some clear plastic 3M stuff there to keep it looking good, especially in the winter.

15. 04-04-2012 10:12 PM #50
      got hit yesterday. and by hit I mean bumper scuffed when parked. no note, off course.

was running late for a meeting so rather than put my car up in the parking garage as I normally do, I found a spot on the street. the last spot before a stop sign so I figured I only had to worry about 50% of the car.

I didn't notice until this afternoon when I washed the gobs of pollen off the car. big blue paint scuff about 3 inshes tall by one foot long. no creases or deformities in the plastic itself, but took the paint off in a few large places. paint transfer buffed off.

the only saving grace is I have a black car, so the missing paint doesn't stand out too bad.

I also remember the car that was behind me. a MK4 jetta... medium blue. I'll be keeping my eye out a$$hol3.

Vehicles
      2012 Rising Blue Golf R
      04-04-2012 11:24 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by slackin' at work View Post
      got hit yesterday. and by hit I mean bumper scuffed when parked. no note, off course.

was running late for a meeting so rather than put my car up in the parking garage as I normally do, I found a spot on the street. the last spot before a stop sign so I figured I only had to worry about 50% of the car.

I didn't notice until this afternoon when I washed the gobs of pollen off the car. big blue paint scuff about 3 inshes tall by one foot long. no creases or deformities in the plastic itself, but took the paint off in a few large places. paint transfer buffed off.

the only saving grace is I have a black car, so the missing paint doesn't stand out too bad.

I also remember the car that was behind me. a MK4 jetta... medium blue. I'll be keeping my eye out a$$hol3.
      That sucks dude! I just noticed I have a dent myself... Probably some ******* hitting my R with their door in the rear fender driver side! So ****ing mad! I'm now glad that I got the dent protection warranty... Anyone has had in the past? Is it legit?

Vehicles
      MK6 Golf R Stage 3 & bagged, 14 BMW 335 xDrive daily
      04-05-2012 12:12 AM #52
      Do you know if they would replace the wheel it self as it was chipped and scratched, or is it just the tire itself? Thanks for the quick replies. I really appreciate it.
      Usually they will only repair a wheel, not replace it, even IF cosmetic damages are covered. To replace a wheel it would have to be bent or not hold air properly.

FYI, though, I don't know what area you are in, but around me, you can get pretty much any wheel fixed for $75-100 depending on the severity. So even if it's not covered you may find the repair is cheaper than you expected.

Good luck!
      Quote Originally Posted by Eff Bags View Post
      you're a girl Kyle?
      // DROP // DRAG // DESTROY //JABRONETTE//

IG: specialkk43

Vehicles
      2012 VW Golf R
      04-12-2012 09:47 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by mrbill562 View Post
      BT;DT... Only got one corner on mine, pulling into my driveway a little too quickly. It's not visible during a walkaround, so I'm not going to fix it, and call it "my first boo-boo".

...and pull into my driveway with all due care and deliberation from now on

I'm with you, doing a quick survey of the curbs, driveways and parking bumpers on my usual travels, I'd be a fool to drop it any farther.
      Just hit the left underside corner this morning...pulling out of a very steep driveway and I knew it as soon as I did it.

It's probably going to take a day or so to get over it. Luckily you can't see it with a walk around.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      Past: 1988 Chevy Nova, 1997 Jetta Trek, 2000 Isuzu Rodeo, 2003 Jetta GLX, Current: 2012 Golf R
      04-12-2012 11:36 PM #54
      Just noticed dents/creases on my roof. I have a CSG 4dr with sunroof. If I stand at the rear and look towards the front with the "shark fin" in the middle, I see two identical dents/creases halfway between the "fin" and sunroof, one on left, one on right. Its not all that noticeable and looks like a smear at times, can't even feel it with my hand. Looked at two other GTIs while working, a 2012 Autobahn didn't have it but a GTI w/sunroof did. Both cars CSG.. Think this might be pretty common and more noticeable on some colors than others..
      Golf R CSG 4dr Nav/Sunroof

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      04-14-2012 12:00 PM #55
      Almost 2000 miles and not a scratch ! While driving to work this morning at 530am I was going down I 35 (Ft Worth TX) about 70 and saw something in the road. I couldn't tell what it was at first but it was in the middle lane so I swerved to the right lane. Then it suddenly moved to the right lane then off to the side of the road. If I would have hit it my car would have been totally jacked up.

What was it? Ummmmm............I think it was a crack head!

Vehicles
      2012 VW CSG 4-dr Golf R
      04-15-2012 09:42 PM #56
      ((((sigh)))) was backing into a parking space at the mall (as far away from door dingers as possible) and got too close to the curb .... There's a good 8" long around the wheel that is completely ate up.. I'll post a pic later.. I only have 1500 miles... I need a drink.
      2012 R - CSG 4 Dr w/SR-Navi

22. Member
      Vehicles
      Past: 1988 Chevy Nova, 1997 Jetta Trek, 2000 Isuzu Rodeo, 2003 Jetta GLX, Current: 2012 Golf R
      04-15-2012 09:48 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by 7rugamac21 View Post
      ((((sigh)))) was backing into a parking space at the mall (as far away from door dingers as possible) and got too close to the curb .... There's a good 8" long around the wheel that is completely ate up.. I'll post a pic later.. I only have 1500 miles... I need a drink.
      that sucks..

Vehicles
      2012 VW CSG 4-dr Golf R
      04-15-2012 10:00 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by VWFORLIFE2012 View Post
      that sucks..
      If this doesn't make you cringe, I don't know what will...

Epic fail, Uploaded with Snapbucket

Any ideas (other than washing it) to make it not so soul crushing??

24. Member
      Vehicles
      04-15-2012 10:26 PM #59

Think theres some good wheel repair places around. You just have to get some quotes and references to see how there work looks and holds up..

Vehicles
      Golf R
      04-15-2012 10:30 PM #60

Balls.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      04-15-2012 10:33 PM #61
      my car rolled back even with e-brake engaged. it had some scratched that was coming off and looks like another paint sticking to it. I am still lucky as it was so close to smashing a house that is being built. close call. now i want to see if i can check with the dealership because this should not happen with a new car.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R (2012-) 1997 GTI-VR6 (1998-2007)
      04-16-2012 12:23 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by sup_lado View Post
      my car rolled back even with e-brake engaged. it had some scratched that was coming off and looks like another paint sticking to it. I am still lucky as it was so close to smashing a house that is being built. close call. now i want to see if i can check with the dealership because this should not happen with a new car.
      You need to leave it in gear. Always. This is not the cars' fault.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

04-16-2012 12:45 AM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by VWPDX View Post

I agree, you should ALWAYS leave the car in gear. Having said that, the e brake, with sufficient force applied, should not slip at all. Have it checked out.
      Engineer @ TriMech Solutions | Certified SolidWorks Expert
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Form Engineer & Weldor @ Advanced Armament Corporation
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      2012 Golf R & 1982 Jetta Coupe

Vehicles
      2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
      04-16-2012 12:57 AM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by VWPDX View Post

i believe his car was running/idling.
      89 GLI 16V, 98 GTI, 99.5 GTI VR6, 01 GTI 18T, 03 GTI 18T, 04 R32, 07 TACOMA TRD OffRoad, 08 A4Q 2.0T, 83 GTI, 12 GOLF R,
      12 Tacoma TRD Offroad

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R (2012-) 1997 GTI-VR6 (1998-2007)
      04-16-2012 01:44 AM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by blackdemonGTI18T View Post
      i believe his car was running/idling.

Still doesnt make it a good move.

Vehicles
      04-16-2012 10:46 AM #66

What part of MD are you in bro? I know a guy...
      you're a girl Kyle?

32. Member
      Vehicles
      RB golf R
      04-16-2012 01:57 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by AAC Welder View Post
      I agree, you should ALWAYS leave the car in gear. Having said that, the e brake, with sufficient force applied, should not slip at all. Have it checked out.
      Thanks. I will have it checked. What can I do with the paint? I don't know how to post pic here.

Vehicles
      2012 VW CSG 4-dr Golf R
      04-16-2012 05:19 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by specialkk43 View Post
      What part of MD are you in bro? I know a guy...
      I'm just south of Baltimore, but if it can be fixed I'll drive to wherever..

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      04-17-2012 06:14 PM #69
      Curb rash!! Woohoo!

Vehicles
      04-17-2012 06:20 PM #70
      I'm just south of Baltimore, but if it can be fixed I'll drive to wherever..
      I'll see if I can get you a quote. I know it can be fixed, I'm just not sure what they would charge. I curbed the Detroits on my GTI pretty hard and they made it look like new again... I couldn't even find the spot. You'd be surprised how easy it is to repair. It might be worth a phone call to your dealership... they have people that come around to fix things like that on traded-in cars usually on a weekly basis.
      you're a girl Kyle?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast