Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inside Line Full Test - 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD

'Murica. F yeah.
      Hondas, regular and extra-pricey
      03-28-2012 09:03 AM #26
      That Inside Line review thinks women will get REALLY excited for this thing (see last line of the article )

And yeah, CVT sucks, but I'm sure we'll look at this for my wife when the time comes. It looked really good at the auto show this year.

Richmond, VA
      '14 Lexus GX460, '14 GLI Autobahn
      03-28-2012 10:24 AM #27
      It looks a lot nicer in person, I have to admit. I wasn't sold on it just from the pics when it first came out. I actually think Infiniti will sell a lot of these. It's similar in style to an ML or GL Mercedes but obviously more afforable. The interior looks nice, I think a lot of people assume the worst of Infiniti interiors from pictures but when you sit in them they are quite nice. It has a solid and more luxurious feel overall than the F30 I recently test drove.

However, i'm not too sure why Infiniti went with the old VQ35..they keep doing that in America for some reason while all of the other countries are getting the VQ37 in the cuv's/suv's. My best guess is they want to test the market for this and will then introduce the other new engines expected to be released. Even the VQ40 would have been a better choice. I also find it hard to believe the CVT squeaked out better mileage than the 7 speed, and that surely would have made acceleration a bit better too.

All in all 8 seconds 0-60 for this big thing is still class competitive, and the people buying it are likely not thinking about fast 0-60 sprints.

A dealership
      Party ST / Custom Triumph 675cc
      03-28-2012 10:34 AM #28
      I already have a pair of these projectors from an asian-market car.

Reno, NV
      03-28-2012 11:31 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      Are you really criticizing GM by showing a picture of 10 year old interior from a defunct car brand? How about showing a CTS or ATS interior? FWIW, I actually like that Saab interior!
      Relax. I was just teasing our favorite resident Saab apologist. The same one that bashes the G interior yet has no issues with the 9-3 interior. New GM interiors are pretty great.

New York
      Porsche & Honda
      03-28-2012 12:05 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by PassSedanGLX View Post
      It's 100% class-competitive.
      i disagree. having sat in the G as well as its Japanese (Lexus IS & ES/Acura TL) and German (BMW 3er.Audi A4/MB C-Class) rivals....it has the worst interior in regards to quality of materials used. Lost of cheap plastic compared to the other cars.

6. 03-28-2012 12:33 PM #31
      I think this vehicle will be a the next best seller for Infiniti after the G. Sure, it doesn't seem to have the driving abilities of vehicles like the MDX, or X5, but Infiniti already has the FX if that's what you want. This vehicle instead targets comfort, utility and value. Provided you don't go crazy with options a well optioned model with AWD could be had for $42K. That undercuts pretty much every other vehicle in this class

RSX Type-S
      03-28-2012 12:58 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
      I just can't come to terms with CVT's and that will always keep me away from Nissan/Infiniti.
      Even though every other Infiniti comes with a 7-speed auto or 6-speed manual?
      PSN: Silviatzero
      "I've got an idea for sweat shops: air conditioning! Problem solved."

5280 feet
      2013 BMW X5 35d; 2008 Mazda CX9
      03-29-2012 02:04 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      Are you really criticizing GM by showing a picture of 10 year old interior from a defunct car brand? How about showing a CTS or ATS interior? FWIW, I actually like that Saab interior!

I don't see a lot of parts bin stuff in the 9-3 interior, at least not parts shared with domestic NA GM products. Even if the 9-3 does share parts with other GM products, don't be naive enough to assume that Nissans and Infinitis don't share interior parts.

How does his doing this surprise you? jwaters is a notorious Saab hater and picker of the scabs on Saabophiles.
      Caretaker of the National Strategic Beer Reserve

9. 03-29-2012 02:06 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by HerrGolf View Post
      Toyota didn't try with the RX

Only created and has dominated a segment for almost 15 years over 3 generations.
      "I'm trying to live vicariously through jrod here and my vicarious
      life would be better if he had a twin turbo. Or a ****ing pirate
      ship." nm+

For advertising information click HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12