Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: North Dallas VW service/ repair centers

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Jetta SE
      03-27-2012 11:07 AM #1
      Hello Texas!

Yesterday I was heading to work and my car suddenly felt limp, and my EPC light came on.
      I drove the short distance to work, parked my Jetta and called VW.

Long story short, at lunch I turned my car back on, EPC light not on anymore, just my check engine light. Brought it into VW and the diagnostic showed I have a faulty crank sensor, and faulty cooling fans. (I assume the small fan is still running, as I hear it roaring when I park my car.).

Repairs are coming to $328 for the crank sensor and $1,000 for my cooling fans.

All through high school I hung out with my VW and Audi buddies, but I don't have them within reach anymore, so I called SCI in Minneapolis, and Chad recommended I jump back on VWVortex and see if I can find a service shop like them in the area. http://www.sciperformance.com/

Anyone have any advice on the repair costs and/or have recommendations on any shops in the north Dallas area that do exceptional work?

(2007 2.5 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition - Manual)

Thank you!
      Sara

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi TT
      03-27-2012 02:20 PM #2
      Lord of the Rings. Weird name, great service, great owner. Much Much better price than the dealership, and Bob will even show you the old parts and really explain to you what was going on and what you can do to prevent it from happening again.

(972) 387-5788 Ask for Bob.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi TT
      03-27-2012 02:27 PM #3

Vehicles
      heavy understeer and snap oversteer. PQ35 perfect.
      03-27-2012 06:44 PM #4
      Lord of the Rings has a good reputation, but I support my independent tech Marin who has been the only one who works on my car's guts since exiting warranty. He has saved me literally thousands of dollars by catching early signs of impending doom and getting warranty service out of it. He's a nice guy, too, but he's in far east Dallas where Forest Ln is almost to Garland... but it's just a few minutes from 635. PM me if you want his details.
      function
      form