Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Fuel Pressure Sensor

Vehicles
      06' GTI
      03-28-2012 04:24 PM #1
      Does anyone know of any place, local, that sell this besides the dealership? I found it at ECS, but after shipping, it's only 5 bucks less than dealership price, not including taxes. Just trying to be frugal cause I'm spending all my money @ Volkwerks in phx for my engine and tranny mounts.

I'm assuming this is the bad part, because he was telling me that my stage 2 flash could have revealed an underlying problem, such as the censor going bad. She start bucking on 3-6 gear pulls. No limping yet, thank god!!

Part number is

06e 906 051 k
      Last edited by phxpilotmkv; 03-28-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Vehicles
      BMP MKIV .:R32T, B8A4, LS3-86Z28(trkhor)
      03-28-2012 05:56 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by phxpilotmkv View Post
      Does anyone know of any place, local, that sell this besides the dealership? I found it at ECS, but after shipping, it's only 5 bucks less than dealership price, not including taxes. Just trying to be frugal cause I'm spending all my money @ Volkwerks in phx for my engine and tranny mounts.

I'm assuming this is the bad part, because he was telling me that my stage 2 flash could have revealed an underlying problem, such as the censor going bad. She start bucking on 3-6 gear pulls. No limping yet, thank god!!

Part number is

06e 906 051 k
      you try calling up BAP?
      ALL PRICES REDUCED
      Click me for apparel
      HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?
      .:::Exklusiv:::.

Vehicles
      '07 B6 Passat
      03-28-2012 06:23 PM #3
      It can be found on any of the VW dealers that do online parts for $38-40. Just print out the page and take it to the dealer and ask them to match the price. Most of them will do it.

http://www.trademotion.com/parts/200...icleid=1433155
      2007 Candy White/Black Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition| APR Stage 2+ | APR HPFP | Forge WINtake | S3 Intercooler | B&B 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust | Dogbone Insert | FK Silverline+ Coilovers | Front Lip Spoiler/Hi-Def Sideskirts | Votex Trunk Lip Spoiler | R-Line Fog Grilles | Clear Corners | HID Kit - low beams & fogs | RCD-510 | Podi Boost gauge | R-Line Pedals | GTI Steering Wheel |

Vehicles
      06' GTI
      03-28-2012 07:27 PM #4
      Thanks for that heads up B6. I'm going to hold off and actually do further trouble shooting because I was reading that it might not be the fix. I haven't hit limp mode yet, but if this is the case... I will definitely do this. Thanks.

03-28-2012 08:04 PM #5
      Or you can just call the dealer with your VIN and see if your covered, as there is a campaign in regards to the sensor. Although "K" may be prefix of the updated sensor.

Vehicles
      06' GTI
      03-28-2012 09:45 PM #6
      Yeah, well tomorrow I'm heading down to Volkwerks in phoenix, they call them selves something else, but after we get the bsh mounts installed then we will see what the vag com has to say.

Vehicles
      98 GTI VR6 S/C, 01 GTI VR6, 02 2.0L jetta wagon, 03 GTI VR6, Haro Mirra 540 Air
      03-28-2012 11:24 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by phxpilotmkv View Post
      Part number is

906 051 06e k
      WELL GOOD NEWS! the sensor is good, it has the part number of the non-failing part.

now that i ruined your day with that news lets try to rebound with good news....

bucking in 3-6 gear pulls is probably high side pressure dropping off or sensor not attaining the correct reading. the low side pressure sensor (the numer you posted) will not have much to due with your issue. so back to my original diagnosis was replacing the high side pressure sensor, located under the intake manifold, behind the dipstick tube.

again i would diagnose the current concern before blasting unnecessary parts on the car.
      check with any dealer and see if you have any warranty extensions (the low pressure sensor is an extended item) if not i may just have a high pressure sensor i can give you for 25$

Vehicles
      06' GTI
      03-29-2012 01:56 AM #8
      Thats the part I was searching for. Called vw today and got that. I don't know what is on my car. I have an 06, so I probably have a failing part. I will take a peak before I leave from work to see if I can see the ending part number.

I will for sure hit you up on the part if I need it.

Vehicles
      06' GTI
      03-29-2012 02:08 AM #9
      Can't tell fuel pump isn't in its normal position.... Ahem, wonder who did that. Lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      06' GTI
      03-30-2012 08:09 PM #10
      Well I have a low pressure fuel sensor for sale if anyone wants it? 20 bucks. it's yours. Part number is as stated above!

Bought it, and it wasn't the fix that I needed.