Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Kentucky Derby Party - Men's Attire

03-28-2012 04:51 PM #1
      I'm going to my first Kentucky Derby party this year, and am looking for some suggestions on what to wear. Pants, shoes, colors, jackets, ties, etc...

Any suggestions/links? Thanks!

Vehicles
      a bunch
      03-28-2012 05:20 PM #2
      cant go wrong with seersucker. i have a ralph lauren seersucker i bought last year for the derby bc i was lucky enough to go. it was awesome and i actually wore the suit already this year. i get many compliments on it as well.

3. 03-28-2012 05:30 PM #3
      Pastel, pocket square, shoes with no socks, hat, possibly a boutonniere. Light colored suit in a lightweight fabric.

03-28-2012 05:46 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by GLI_r8cer View Post
      cant go wrong with seersucker. i have a ralph lauren seersucker i bought last year for the derby bc i was lucky enough to go. it was awesome and i actually wore the suit already this year. i get many compliments on it as well.
      Where did you pick that up at? I don't mind spending a little dough, but it's definitely not something I'll be wearing often

Vehicles
      a bunch
      03-28-2012 07:00 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Boot View Post
      Where did you pick that up at? I don't mind spending a little dough, but it's definitely not something I'll be wearing often
      i purchased it at nieman marcus last year. i know that express has a heather grey seersucker 3 pc now, its looks pretty good.

http://www.express.com/photographer-...ow/3/index.ens

"Pastel, pocket square, shoes with no socks, hat, possibly a boutonniere. Light colored suit in a lightweight fabric."

pretty much what i went with, seersucker blue suit, white shirt and pocket square, a light pink and white plaid tie, and sand colored sebago wingtips no socks.

Vehicles
      a van
      03-29-2012 09:10 AM #6
      would love to see some other derby looks. i would like to go but might not get around to it this year. do folks dress up in the infield, or is advisable to wear "less nice" stuff there?
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

03-29-2012 10:54 AM #7
      i purchased it at nieman marcus last year. i know that express has a heather grey seersucker 3 pc now, its looks pretty good.

http://www.express.com/photographer-...ow/3/index.ens

"Pastel, pocket square, shoes with no socks, hat, possibly a boutonniere. Light colored suit in a lightweight fabric."

pretty much what i went with, seersucker blue suit, white shirt and pocket square, a light pink and white plaid tie, and sand colored sebago wingtips no socks.

Dude thanks for that express link! May have to order that up asap.

8. 04-03-2012 05:50 AM #8
      Check out the Sporting Bow Ties thread here:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...rting-bow-ties

Some good ideas in there from guys who dress well/cool.

Vehicles
      2000 Maxima GLE/1987 300TD
      04-04-2012 10:41 PM #9
      j.crew outlet had a seersucker suit in the spring when i worked there. i should've gotten it when i had my discount, but still, not a bad price from what i remember.

04-10-2012 05:32 PM #10
      Any suggestions on shoe color with this? Thinking light brown / tan....

11. 04-18-2012 10:11 PM #11
      I know it’s always too difficult to choose right varieties of a dress for a man because there are fewer options in their design pattern. Men's bomber jackets continue to be appealing and a comfortable, stylish addition to men's jackets. I must say you should wear a white black shirt followed by a bomber jacket; it will definitely give you a vintage look and feel.