Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: $525,00 of Tifosi celebration... on wheels... after Malaysia....in FL!!!!!!!

Vehicles
      '89 Cabriolet, His & Hers '13 Passat SEL TDIs
      03-28-2012 10:12 PM #1
      Luckily Speedvision was available in the Orlando hotel in which we stayed last week while on "Spring Break" with our 6-year-old son.

After the race.... and with ZERO sleep, we checked out and headed off to Legoland. My wife and son were gonna get dropped off and I was headed to the trails of Carter Road Park in Lakeland for some mountain-bike riding.

On the way, here's the rig:

Ever the "aware-of-my-surroundings" driver, I spotted in my side-view mirror approximately 1/4 mile back what I believed to possibly be a 599 and the standard run-of-the-mill 458. As they got closer, it CLEARLY WAS NEITHER!!! I don't usually get excited about seeing supercars because they're relatively commonplace in Boca, Miami, etc.

BUT...... This was a bit different. Could it have been because of the most improbable race result just a few hours earlier??????

This is what I saw:

HOLY BRAKES BATMAN!!!!

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      03-28-2012 10:34 PM #2
      Nice license plate!

BTW how was Legoland? My son wants to go there. Parents live in Northport (north of Ft Myers).
      Form is temporary; Class is permanent

Vehicles
      An imaginary one
      03-28-2012 10:53 PM #3
      That is a standard 458 from what I can tell, but the FF is a pretty unique sighting. I really don't see Ferrari selling many of those, at least relative to their other models.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Mazda CX-9 Zoom zoom
      03-30-2012 01:33 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by nickthaskater View Post
      That is a standard 458 from what I can tell, but the FF is a pretty unique sighting. I really don't see Ferrari selling many of those, at least relative to their other models.
      At the Rolex 24 hour race this year I saw 5 different FF in different colors and options. I also saw the new Mclaren and Lamb. Aventador.

Vehicles
      '89 Cabriolet, His & Hers '13 Passat SEL TDIs
      03-31-2012 07:40 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by GTIVRSEX2 View Post
      At the Rolex 24 hour race this year I saw 5 different FF in different colors and options. I also saw the new Mclaren and Lamb. Aventador.
      Seeing those two Ferraris.....together....on THAT morning.....with them moving thru traffic methodically without much fanfare.........with all occupants in FULL Tifosi garb.....was the ticket!!!

...and y'all know how much of a McLaren/LH/JB "nutswinger" I am...

Congrats to Ferrari....