I would wait another two or three days, usually HR takes a long time. Trust me it's hard being patient especially when you need the job to pay bills.
This is kind of a follow up from my other thread, I had an interview on 3/7, initially they said they would make a decision and let me know by 3/16. I heard nothing (and to be honest had figured that meant I did not get the job) so I called on 3/20 to ask where they were in the hiring process. I spoke to the person who interviewed me, and she said she had made her decision and passed that onto HR, and was just waiting on approval before calling with offers, and to wait a few more days. That gave me a glimmer of hope, since (and I could be wrong) I would think that if I was not still in contention, she could have just told me over the phone. Anyways, she said to give it a few more days.
Then, Friday 3/23 I get an email saying they are still waiting on the approval, and am I still interested. I replied yes, looking forward to your decision etc. Tomorrow that will be another week since I have heard anything.
Should I send an email tomorrow asking the status? or call? or wait until early next week? I am afraid of coming across as a nuisance at this point. But, the interview went well, and I really want this job.
You should be treating this as a lost opportunity and keep looking for work. If it ultimately turns around, great, but hopefully you haven't stopped looking for the last month.
We do not know what exactly is going on, but I would agree with Dave on almost everything he said. Here is a thought in a little bit different direction though- it seems, like you are still been considered, well, unless HR tells exactly the same thing to EVERYBODY.
I would say congratulations to you and here is why. You are not cheapest candidate. If they indeed considering someone else, but keep you as option #2 or 3, it may mean they are trying to hire someone else with approximately the same skills, as yours, but cheaper or with better skills for the same rate as yours. It is always trail and error way, so I would "forget" about this vacancy for a while, I would not not call or e-mail them, they have your contact info and if they will be interested, they'll contact you. Keep looking.
BUT, if they would come back to you week or month(s) from now, keep in mind this scenario and consider whether you would like to increase your compensation expectations a little bit.
I had interview at one company while ago, they choose another candidate and for a while(for several months) it looked, like they were not interested in me. Several months later I contacted the owner, who interviewed me and it turned out they were interested in seeing me again. After new round of discussions they offered 30% increase to their original level of compensation. It was still not enough from my point of view, so we went our own ways.
I have heard story of a guy, who went through the interviews, was not contacted and about month or two he gave up his wife's begging and called the interviewer and asked what's going on. Believe it or not, he was told they lost his contact information(!?) and he is more than welcome to come and start "tomorrow". He did and was more, than happy with company, team and compensation. He credited his wife big time for that.
I am looking for a job in Transportation, Logistics, Distribution or International Trade. Analysis, Planning, Operations.
Only when two products are nearly identical, can price be used as a differentiating factor. Even then, the adage holds true: An informed buyer chooses based on value; an uninformed buyer chooses on price.