Well, sadly the time has come to part with my latest project. It's been a fun car to build but, being that I live in the middle of the Santa Monica Mountains, I just need something fun and sporty. Here are the details:
2001 Audi A6 Avant Quatro
2.8 V6 Auto with 85,xxx miles (it's a daily so that will most likely go up)
The Fun Stuff
- Front and rear Bag Yards. Bomber in the rear, supremes in the front
- Accuair Switch Speed Management with controller mounted in the door pocket
- 5 gallon tank with dual Viair 400 pumps
- Dakota Digital gauge mounted under the center arm rest
- Interior refinished in red leather from leatherseats.com
- Aluminum All Road door blades
- 19" Hartman G5 wheels with about 80% life left on tires
- Ipod/Iphone adapter integrated into factory stereo
The Maintenance Stuff
All work done by Ingolstadt West in Canoga Park
- Timing belt, water pump, thermostat, cam tensioner seals, front crank seal all done about 1k miles ago
- New coil pack, plugs, and wires about 2k ago
- New brake pads front and rear about 3k ago
- New axles up front about 3k ago
- New upper control arms installed about a year ago when I did the bags
- New radiator, radiator fan, coolant reservoir and cap about 500 ago
The Not So Great Stuff
- Needs both catalytic converters. Currently has a check engine light for low threshold in both. Doesn't cause any driving issues however.
- Drivers side headlight fogs up a bit when it rains. It started doing this after I replaced a headlight bulb so I think it's because I didn't seat the seal in the back properly
- Center display has the typical pixilation problems that are common in these cars
- Rear speakers crack a bit but I do have brand new Infinity speakers for the front and rear I will toss in at no charge.
- Trunk isn't really finished. Everything is in a box I built but I never got around to finishing it.
- Passenger front side window goes up slow some times.
- Tint pealing a bit on the front drivers side window
- Slight curb rash on rear passenger wheel.
- Rear bumper could use a respray. Previous owner used to park by braille apparently.
The Extra Stuff (Parts that come with it that aren't installed)
- Thor Skid Plate
- Front brake rotors
- 4 stock wheels with ok tread
- Stock door blades
- Some extra leather from the interior redo for whatever you'd like to do with it.
- Tons of extra fittings, tubing, fuses, whatever for roadside assistance kit
- Superweave car cover from California Car Covers
- I'll even toss in a duster and some good waxes/cleaning supplies
This has been a great car and I hate to get rid of it. I get complements on it everywhere I go. The only reason I'm selling it is because I want something sportier that my wife can drive too. All of the major maintenance has been done on it besides the cats, this really is something that you can just get in, drive, and enjoy. I am asking $10,000 obo. Also open to some negotiation. I think that about covers it. Email for info firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-741-7917. Name is Brandon. Thanks!
Now, for the pics. Note: Some of the pics don't show the All Road aluminum door blades. These are on the car now and will be included in the sale.
Last edited by bigredjetta; 08-23-2012 at 01:44 PM.