VWVortex

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: HPA Motorsports Haldex Gen.4 “Competition” Controller for Golf R

Vehicles
      '87 Scirocco 16V, '12 Golf R
      05-29-2012 10:36 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by seph View Post
      4. For this graph:

What is the X axis representing? Not quite sure how to read that.
      I would also like some clarification of that graph. It is very hard to decypher what the units are for the Y axis & the X axis has no units at all. Please explain what the graph is trying to show.

2. 05-30-2012 08:54 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by AutoX Matt View Post
      I would also like some clarification of that graph. It is very hard to decypher what the units are for the Y axis & the X axis has no units at all. Please explain what the graph is trying to show.
      Bump on ^

3. 05-31-2012 01:10 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by AutoX Matt View Post
      Hi guys,

We have two separate displays in this image

The upper Graph is showcasing how much TQ in NM is being transferred to the rear wheels over a distance of WOT acceleration. X axis is the distance, so you can see that over the same call out, the Race mode will deliver a) greater Peak TQ to the rear, b) will offer an immediate delivery to capture the entire distance of WOT driving, no delay and c) will have as a result of the immediate engagement, a longer delivery period to the rear axle of the car.

The lower Graph is showcasing over the same x axis (distance/period) the amount of possible engine TQ that is being delivered as a percentage. Here you can note that the call out for TQ comes on earlier, and for a longer period. The next result mechanically is displayed on eth upper graph, that the actual force is much greater as the Haldex is being asked to capture a larger percent of TQ early on in the RPM or WOT run.

Hope this helps to clarify. In Competition, the rear is called on immediately allowing for the entire acceleration request to be balanced across the front and rear drive wheels instead of only the later 60+%.
      Marcel Horn
      T: 604-888-7274
      HPA Motorsports
      Click here to join us on Facebook!
      Celebrating 24 years of tuning VW's

4. 06-02-2012 02:52 PM #39
      All IMs and e-mails replied...more inventory arriving for all applications/controller types next week...

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      06-02-2012 04:03 PM #40
      installed mine couple of days back. initial feel faster of the line, torque more fm the rear. fc no diff as yet
      Golf R CW 3DR|DSG|APRII+ Capristo with Remote|APR Divorced DP|APR HPFP|Neuspeed P-Flo|Neuspeed TOP|Eurojet FMIC||H&R Sway Bars|Supaloy Control Arms|Competition Haldex|HPA Dogbone|Adam's Rotors|APR RFD|AEM WMI Kit

6. 06-08-2012 04:16 PM #41
      All backorders shipped (check you e-mails for tracking information). E-mail or IM me directly for quote to your destination...

7. 06-14-2012 04:18 PM #42
      Both the Gen.4 Switchable "Race" Controllers (with cable or remote) and the Gen.4 "Competition" Controllers for the Golf R available.

Please specify when ordering.

8. 06-20-2012 02:34 PM #43
      IM or e-mail me for a quote on any of our Haldex offerings.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi TTRS
      06-22-2012 01:35 PM #44
      Everyone, this upgrade in my opinion makes the car drive more neutral with more of a rear push coming out of turns and from a standstill. Easily one of my favorite upgrades I've done to the car, what a difference!!

Install was pretty straight forward, mine was spilling gear oil when we removed the old unit so we quickly had to swap the new controller in. Tighten two bolts, plug in the two connectors and good to go!

Dave
      2012 Ibis White Audi TTRS, APR Stage II Flash
      2012 RB Golf R --SOLD
      1997 Toyota Supra RSP Single Turbo -- SOLD

10. 06-22-2012 02:20 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Optimus812 View Post
      Everyone, this upgrade in my opinion makes the car drive more neutral with more of a rear push coming out of turns and from a standstill. Easily one of my favorite upgrades I've done to the car, what a difference!!

Install was pretty straight forward, mine was spilling gear oil when we removed the old unit so we quickly had to swap the new controller in. Tighten two bolts, plug in the two connectors and good to go!

Vehicles
      2013 VW Golf R
      06-24-2012 11:23 AM #46
      Erg, do want. Need. More. Money.

12. 06-28-2012 05:16 PM #47
      All IMs and e-mails replied...

Contact HPA directly for a quote for your 4Motion application...

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 BMW 330i ZHP
      07-10-2012 09:00 AM #48
      This may be a silly question - but does this changed the maintenance interval for the haldex system?

14. 07-11-2012 03:23 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by 35mphgolf View Post
      This may be a silly question - but does this changed the maintenance interval for the haldex system?
      Not a silly question...no change to the interval...

Vehicles
      2013 VW Golf R
      07-15-2012 01:49 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by HardKnox View Post
      Erg, do want. Need. More. Money.
      So now I have one. If only my dealer can figure out what Haldex fluid is and where they keep it...

16. Banner Advertiser Sales@HPAmotorsports's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Fast VW's.
      07-15-2012 10:55 AM #51
      Pretty good deal on this controller for our Waterfest specials!

$999.00 shipped!
      Keir Parsons
      T: 604-598-8520 x103 E: sales@hpamotorsport.com
      HPA Motorsports
      Celebrating 20 years of tuning VW's

17. 07-16-2012 08:28 AM #52
      Visit the Linden VW booth at Waterfest 18 for great deals on all of our HPA products.

Waterfest 18 Flyer

18. 07-30-2012 01:01 PM #53
      IM or e-mail me for a quote on any of our Haldex offerings.

19. 08-08-2012 02:08 PM #54
      More inventory of the Gen.4 "Competition" Controller, exclusive to HPA, arriving next week.

IM or e-mail me for a quote to your destination.

20. 08-15-2012 05:52 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by VAD@HPA View Post
      More inventory of the Gen.4 Competition Haldex Controllers arriving next week...
      All backorders shipped! Check your inboxes for tracking information...

Considering one but haven't purchased yet? IM or e-mail me for a quote to your destination.

21. 08-17-2012 04:38 PM #56
      I think I share a similar opinion with a number of R owners that would love the use of the competition controller in the right circumstances, but do not want this as the full time setting.

What is the possible impact of swicthing it out regularly with the stock unit? I certainly couldn't use the competition unit in the winter where I live and feel comfortable that it was still as safe.

Thanks

22. Banner Advertiser Sales@HPAmotorsports's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Fast VW's.
      08-17-2012 05:34 PM #57
      I cant think of a reason where you wouldn't want to have this as a full time setting.

Why do you feel it wouldn't be safe? Your ABS and ESP are still online and fully functional. There are a few ( thousand )Audi's running around with this setup from the factory ( Torsen based differentials never disengage ) I'd hardly call Audi's Quattro system unsafe in the snow

All I've ever mentioned is to take care of how this will change your car, in terms of traction and control having your power split evenly between all 4 wheels is a much advanteious in low traction situations as I'm sure everyone can imagine. And again wheel slip is still mitigated by your ESP system as it would have been from the factory.

But if you think you would be happier with the stock controller in the winter there is no problem with switching it. You might want to buy a bottle of Haldex fluid to do a top up if you notice a lot leak out when you swap them.
      Keir Parsons
      T: 604-598-8520 x103 E: sales@hpamotorsport.com
      HPA Motorsports
      Celebrating 20 years of tuning VW's

23. 08-22-2012 12:20 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by damn66 View Post
      installed mine couple of days back. initial feel faster of the line, torque more fm the rear. fc no diff as yet

24. Banner Advertiser tcardio@DublinVW's Avatar
      08-27-2012 10:18 PM #59
      we all have modified our cars one way or another. after 3 years with my AWD, I can honestly say that my two favorite mods of all time are the GEN IV Haldex with the remote and HPA DSG flash. Nothing like putting more HP to the ground by installing my third favorite mod which is all 3 VF engineering mounts but using HPA core interlock in the "dog bone position". Race mode puts a smile on my face everytime. Hands down awesome! I am happy Marcel and the gang are getting into the turbo arena. I can't wait to see what is done
      I hate cupholders

25. 08-29-2012 01:29 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by tcardio View Post
      we all have modified our cars one way or another. after 3 years with my AWD, I can honestly say that my two favorite mods of all time are the GEN IV Haldex with the remote and HPA DSG flash. Nothing like putting more HP to the ground by installing my third favorite mod which is all 3 VF engineering mounts but using HPA core interlock in the "dog bone position". Race mode puts a smile on my face everytime. Hands down awesome! I am happy Marcel and the gang are getting into the turbo arena. I can't wait to see what is done

26. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      09-07-2012 09:20 PM #61
      Out of all the mods I've done to date this ranks right at the top just behind a good set of summer tires. The difference was immediately noticeable. Those that have come from an AWD or RWD car previously will be like, "yeah, I remember this feeling". All those FWD tendencies and feelings are gone and bye bye to the horrendous off throttle turn in understeer. Keeping the rear wheels engaged FTW.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      '14 CC R-Line, '12 Golf R
      09-07-2012 10:12 PM #62
      I guess I should have taken my car to the track BEFORE putting this controller on. I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the feeling of my car during hard cornering after the HPA controller was installed but I just don't have a measurement for how different it was before.

28. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 .:R RB
      09-10-2012 02:05 AM #63
      I am still really trying to decide between the comp and the switchable controller for my R. I just really don't know what do go for.... ugh. I wish I could get the Comp in the switchable....I know that won't happen, but ugh. Its hard.

Gas mileage with comp is what? 2 MPG roughly?
      2013 R RB - HPA Stage 1 - HPA Comp Controller - HPA Red 75A Motor Mount - HPA Short Shifter - 42DD Shifter Bushings - TyrolSport Solid Shifter Bracket Bushings - TyrolSport Deadset Rigid Subframe Collar Kit - Carbotech Bobcat 1521 (Daily) - Carbotech XP12/XP8 (Track) - Unibrace UB - Euro Springs

29. Member
      Vehicles
      '14 CC R-Line, '12 Golf R
      09-10-2012 08:07 AM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Rebellionelite View Post
      I am still really trying to decide between the comp and the switchable controller for my R. I just really don't know what do go for.... ugh. I wish I could get the Comp in the switchable....I know that won't happen, but ugh. Its hard.

Gas mileage with comp is what? 2 MPG roughly?
      I don't think there's any difference in mileage. Maybe a tad in the city since AWD is activating more but on the freeway it's still FWD. I still see over 30 MPG easily.

30. 09-10-2012 01:27 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by webcrawlr View Post
      Out of all the mods I've done to date this ranks right at the top just behind a good set of summer tires. The difference was immediately noticeable. Those that have come from an AWD or RWD car previously will be like, "yeah, I remember this feeling". All those FWD tendencies and feelings are gone and bye bye to the horrendous off throttle turn in understeer. Keeping the rear wheels engaged FTW.

31. Junior Member
      09-10-2012 07:21 PM #66
      I want one! Just hoping that it goes on sale.....soon!

32. Member
      Vehicles
      09-10-2012 09:50 PM #67
      Buddy with an STI pointed out a good point, hows binding with the competition controller at slower speeds?
      2013 R RB - HPA Stage 1 - HPA Comp Controller - HPA Red 75A Motor Mount - HPA Short Shifter - 42DD Shifter Bushings - TyrolSport Solid Shifter Bracket Bushings - TyrolSport Deadset Rigid Subframe Collar Kit - Carbotech Bobcat 1521 (Daily) - Carbotech XP12/XP8 (Track) - Unibrace UB - Euro Springs

33. 09-11-2012 01:00 PM #68
      Buddy with an STI pointed out a good point, hows binding with the competition controller at slower speeds?
      I have not had 1 reported instance of this yet with the Gen.4 controller...

34. Member
      Vehicles
      09-11-2012 02:20 PM #69
      Excellent Will be my next mod sir , that and an HPA SS

35. 09-11-2012 02:26 PM #70
      Excellent Will be my next mod sir , that and an HPA SS
      If you order them together, you can save a bit on shipping too, as they fit inside the same box.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast