Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: BSH 27mm Rear Sway Bar w/ BSH Billet Rear Sway Bar End Links

Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      03-30-2012 05:33 AM #1
      Since there aren't really any reviews on rear sway bars or what they do for the B6 I figured id do a little write up for you guys

Products are posted in title
      http://www.namotorsports.net/BSH/Sus...HBSH-RSBEL-PKG

I bought all my stuff from NAM, Ed and Josh are awesome to work with, always very helpful, and up to BS about some VW/Audi talk and even a lil Subie talk too

Install was pretty easy, I had one buddy help me for pretty much moral support (ya know hand me my when i got thirsty). All in all took about an 1.5 hrs to do once the car was in the air.

Great instructions from BSH
      RSB: http://www.bshspeedshop.com/bshstore...structions.pdf

End links: http://www.bshspeedshop.com/bshstore...structions.pdf

Special tools needed: (all tools are listed in the instructions just want to highlight these)
      -Grease gun (this was a surprise) you need to grease the fittings poly fittings that wrap around the bar
      - Tq wrench
      -M6 and M10 trip squares

First impressions (just visually), the OEM 21mm sway bar is pretty solid, but compared to the BSH one its a puny piece. The BSH RSB weighs about 20lbs were OEM RSB was like 5lbs its much beefier

The OEM end links i was very surprised how weak they looked.

First drive impressions: all I can say is WOW, I installed the RSB on the stiffest settings (the BSH has 3 settings soft, med, and hard) Body roll was drastically reduced but ride quality didn't suffer. I didn't really beat on it too much but I definitely felt a huge positive change in performance

After a month: I have has some very nice 70-80 degree days to go on some rides and really feel out the cornering., Hitting turns faster and more aggressively everything feels much more solid. Highway driving actually feels smoother, some long sweeping turns getting on the highway the car is just feels much more under control.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the RSB and End links they're well worth the time and money. I wish I did this when I first installed my suspension!
      Unitronic Stage III w/ PT5558BB Turbo Unitronic.ca, IE HPFP, 3in B&B TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks , Forge 007 DV , RalcoRC/Forge SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 Dogbone, KW V2 coilovers, Nuespeed 25mm FSB, Whiteline Anti-lift kit/Front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big turbo kit!

Vehicles
      07 Passat 2.0T 6MT/96 Passat GLX VR6/ 87 Scirocco 16V
      03-30-2012 05:56 AM #2
      I been loving my Nesupeed RSB for 5 years now.. it completed the suspension work. I was looking at the endlinks.. that would be a nice upgrade too.

JT
      Passat B6 6MT 2.0TFSI, Spork Pkg, Bixenons, Giac,EVOMS Intake, Neuspeed SS, NS Rear S B, Koni FSD/Eibach Pro kit, Peloquin LSD, VF Mounts, Forge DV and FMIC, 18x9 Wheels,Badgeless Grille, Hidef Rear Bumper/Spoiler/Tips, Votex Side, Abt Front lip..
      Passat B4 5MT GLX VR6. Moddified Intake Box with K&N Filter, Borla Muffler... more to come.

Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      03-30-2012 06:07 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by x9t View Post
      I been loving my Nesupeed RSB for 5 years now.. it completed the suspension work. I was looking at the endlinks.. that would be a nice upgrade too.

JT
      The BSH ones are definitely worth the money
      Unitronic Stage III w/ PT5558BB Turbo Unitronic.ca, IE HPFP, 3in B&B TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks , Forge 007 DV , RalcoRC/Forge SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 Dogbone, KW V2 coilovers, Nuespeed 25mm FSB, Whiteline Anti-lift kit/Front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big turbo kit!

Vehicles
      2006 Passat 2.0T, 2008 Touareg VR6 (for sale - $15k), 2003 Audi A6 3.0
      03-30-2012 07:39 AM #4
      Nice review. A review sticky would be cool to keep all product reviews together.

2006 Passat 2.0T
      Neuspeed P-Flo Intake/New South Boost Gauge
      2006 Passat 2.0T Tiptronic | Unitronic Stage 2 | DG Springs | Newsouth Boost Gauge | BFI Tranny Insert | Rev D DV | BSH PCV fix | eBay Downpipe w/cat | Autotech Exhaust | DDM HIDs | Bentley Manual | VCDS
      2008 Touareg VR6 (for sale! $15,500)
      2003 Audi A6 3.0

Vehicles
      06/Passat 2.0t FSi
      03-30-2012 11:37 AM #5
      Nice review Have been running my BSH RSB on medium (2nd) for a while now. Definitely helps with the roll.

Did you contemplate the Neuspeed links. Just curious if BSH's are stiffer for a daily ride
      http://www.ngpracing.com/store/index...roduct_id=5684

I saw some posts about Neuspeed links being broken.

Can these be installed without removing the rear wheels or you have to take them off.

Edit:

My BSH RSB snapped on the drivers side. talked with BSH and they only warranty it for 1 year. What a bummer .
      The stock RSB one was fine when I removed it off after almost 48K miles and the new one failed in less than 13K. This can't be good. The car is a daily drive.
      Last edited by passatfan2006; 04-16-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      04-04-2012 11:35 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by passatfan2006 View Post
      Nice review Have been running my BSH RSB on medium (2nd) for three years now. Definitely helps with the roll.

Did you contemplate the Neuspeed links. Just curious if BSH's are stiffer for a daily ride
      http://www.ngpracing.com/store/index...roduct_id=5684

I saw some posts about Neuspeed links being broken.

Can these be installed without removing the rear wheels or you have to take them off.
      you can prob leave the rear wheel on but its much easier if you remove it

Vehicles
      2007 Passat 3.6 FWD
      05-14-2014 01:28 AM #7
      Bill6211789,
      Do you know what 27mm sway bar I can get? since BSH is out of business I think
      All I see is H&R 24mm at Awe tuning/Ecs
      or 25mm Neuspeed at ESE
      Basically everything bigger it says only for 4motion cars

Vehicles
      2006 VW BT Passat
      05-14-2014 12:01 PM #8
      http://www.esetuning.com/category-s/1559.htm

Here are a bunch, front and rear, all various sizes. Neuspeed does offer a 28mm rsb (also on in the link)

Sent from my Galaxy Note3

Vehicles
      2007 Passat 3.6 FWD
      05-14-2014 01:09 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Bill6211789 View Post
      http://www.esetuning.com/category-s/1559.htm

Here are a bunch, front and rear, all various sizes. Neuspeed does offer a 28mm rsb (also on in the link)

Sent from my Galaxy Note3
      Thanks!
      For some reason when i put 3.6 FWD it doesn't show half a product lol