Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Quality detail shop in Long Island or Queens area.

Vehicles
      Stage 2 CC
      03-30-2012 05:41 PM #1
      Apparently my retailer fell off the face of the earth so I was looking for someone new.

I'm just looking for a clay bar, polish and wax. Car is brand new and interior not needed.

I found Detailing Dynamics in Mineola and they seem good. Anyone else have suggestions?

Vehicles
      One of the O.G's of DubsOfQueens.com
      03-30-2012 08:43 PM #2
      Jimmy....they are a great shop! I worked with them once with paint protection.
      Shop is insaine! And the cars are even crazier.
      If you go there talk to Eddy....he was a cool guy.
      Dubs of Queens!

03-31-2012 10:25 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Red View Post
      Jimmy....they are a great shop! I worked with them once with paint protection.
      Shop is insaine! And the cars are even crazier.
      If you go there talk to Eddy....he was a cool guy.
      Ditto. Matt and Eddie are the owners. No better quality shop on the island than them.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
      2012 MKVI Jetta GLI / 2008 Civic Si Sedan / 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 / 2004 MKIV Jetta GLI (1.8T) / 1996 MKIII Jetta GLX VR6

https://twitter.com/Flyin18T

Vehicles
      Stage 2 CC
      03-31-2012 11:27 AM #4
      I spoke to the guys over there today. Seem cool except they are charging details by the hour?
      Never heard of hat before. Who's to say people don't milk it out.

I want a price.. Nothing more nothing less.

5. 04-01-2012 03:30 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by DOQ fastlane View Post
      I spoke to the guys over there today. Seem cool except they are charging details by the hour?
      Never heard of hat before. Who's to say people don't milk it out.

I want a price.. Nothing more nothing less.
      yeah they charge by the hour but they usual tell u how long the process will b. regardless they told me 10-12hrs. at 75bucks an hour, that extra 2hrs runs u 150.

i have not washed my car in 1year. i went to detailing dynamics in mineola for paint restoration. detail the whole car n take off all the swirl marks n pollen that usual sticks to my paint n can only b taking off by clay bar.. i also have a paint chip exposing the metal on my car. chip is half size of my pinky nail.. they will fix that with the paint restoration. they quoted me, 10-12hrs 750-900bucks. plus 2hrs, 150bucks for interior detail alone.. so im looking at 900-1,050 for full detail.

i dont doubt their workmanship. i just cant afford it..

6. Member
      05-06-2012 02:07 PM #6
      over a month old, but 75$ an hour?!? what the crap...that is crazy. DO they think they are doing car maintenance? Better be using products that cost $100 for 6oz..

FYI if anyone is looking for a detailer, im in NJ, can come out to you, use a DA polisher if doing any paint correction or polishing, super good rates, just need water supply.

05-06-2012 08:43 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by njm23 View Post
      over a month old, but 75$ an hour?!? what the crap...that is crazy. DO they think they are doing car maintenance? Better be using products that cost $100 for 6oz..

FYI if anyone is looking for a detailer, im in NJ, can come out to you, use a DA polisher if doing any paint correction or polishing, super good rates, just need water supply.
      It's nice that you have a business that you want to promote, along with offering to go to a client to earn their business. However, the guys at Detailing Dynamics are also trying to run a business. It just so happens that they have been doing this long enough at such a high level that people go to them. Maybe showing respect for your competition will direct some respect your way also. By stating anything that a competitor does is "crazy" is directly insulting the decision making of the people who use them.....which so happens to be the same people you are trying to earn business from.

Just a thought.
      2012 MKVI Jetta GLI / 2008 Civic Si Sedan / 2007 Mazdaspeed 6 / 2004 MKIV Jetta GLI (1.8T) / 1996 MKIII Jetta GLX VR6

https://twitter.com/Flyin18T

8. Member
      05-06-2012 09:46 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Flyin18T View Post
      It's nice that you have a business that you want to promote, along with offering to go to a client to earn their business. However, the guys at Detailing Dynamics are also trying to run a business. It just so happens that they have been doing this long enough at such a high level that people go to them. Maybe showing respect for your competition will direct some respect your way also. By stating anything that a competitor does is "crazy" is directly insulting the decision making of the people who use them.....which so happens to be the same people you are trying to earn business from.

Just a thought.
      Really? That's good for them, and you apparently as well, as you clearly work for them/own it, but in no way shape or form is a car detailer worth $75 an hour, I don't care who you are.

I don't have a "business" I do some random cars on the side, mostly friends, or cars in the vw/audi scene through word of mouth. I never said anything bad about their business, just that they are expensive, you are getting seriously but hurt over something so little. I am free to my own opinion in which I will gladly say as they are stupid expensive and are clearly only for the wealthy who are willing to throw away their money. I am not a "competitor" nor do I have a business of any kind. I was talking to 1(maybe 2) guys telling them they have other options, as one clearly said he couldn't afford to pay $1000 for a detail (and who in their right mind does?? unless you don't have to work for your money or are just that rich) I am not marketing or looking for work, the only reason I replied was because they have VW's and so do I and I tend to try and help out other enthusiasts.

Next time someone posts up looking for "help" doing car maintenance i'll be sure to tell them not to do that as you are taking away work from local shops who are trying to run a business.

Thanks for your input
      Last edited by njm23; 05-06-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Vehicles
      Mk4jetta 2.slow,B3 Passat waggie,98 1.8t Audi,99 E430,
      05-07-2012 03:29 AM #9
      theres a spot down on steinway in 20's ave area they're real good

Vehicles
      2008 GTI
      05-07-2012 11:05 AM #10
      middle village hand car was is pretty dope, reasonable prices too. 69st and eliot ave

11. 05-08-2012 11:36 PM #11
      Big A Detailing
      1716 154th Street Flushing, NY 11357
      (718) 445-9995

He has great prices and his work is amazing..

12. 05-08-2012 11:56 PM #12
      +1 on BigA, Andrew does great work

Vehicles
      1977 VW Rabbit/1986 Scirocco 16V/2000 Golf 2.0
      05-09-2012 10:20 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by njm23 View Post
      I'm not taking anyone's side here but $75 per hour does sound a little nuts. I have a friend that works in a BMW dealership and whenever I want my car detailed (inside & out) I give it to him and his detailers charge me $80 for the whole job. The car comes out amazing!

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2012/VW/Golf R
      05-09-2012 04:36 PM #14
      Can I drop it off and pay 80 too please
      Current Car - 2012 Rising Blue VW Golf R
      Revo Stage 1

Old Cars - 2007 CW GTI, 2001 Gold GTI, 92 Eagle Talon