Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: turbo bottom end check list...

Vehicles
      04 .:R32T, 08 Audi A8L Daily
      03-30-2012 10:18 PM #1
      ok its late, and I'm tired... been working way to much (own 2 businesses)

I'm picking up a block tomorrow and my engine rebuild will begin to take shape..

my end goal is to have a stout bottom ended for a big turbo.. not sure on HP yet, but i think id like to have at least 450-500... I know this has been done before... soooo

does anyone have any suggestions on what do's and dont's to make? Any suggestions with what rods/pistons to run, and which not to run? bolts.. raceware or ARP?

help a tired fool out!

Vehicles
      2014 CC R-LINE, 2012 Golf R, 2004 R32T, 1990 G60 Corrado, 1988 Vanagon
      04-05-2012 06:46 AM #2
      I am running race ware headaches, ARP rod and main bolts, stock crank and stock main bearings, IE connecting rods and 9:1 cr weisco pistons with my setup and no problems with all the strength I need. I have Gt4094R turbo, 870cc injectors and seimans injectors with 20+PSI of boost. Have not dumped my car yet but with everything else done I am well over 600hp as I had 550 just before upgrading some of my hardware and software. Fairly good prices for the conn rods and pistons, JE has a great setup for the pistons if you want to spend a bit more cash. IE sells a great set FPR a decent price for JE pistons (you choose the CR) and the IE connecting rods. Check out their site. The crankshaft is already stock forged so as long as there is no defects I wouldn't touch it unless you want to shoot for more than 800+ AWHP.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      05 MK1 3.3 TT V6T
      04-05-2012 07:49 AM #3
      You may want to consider a connection into the sump for turbo oil return.
      Magnetic sump plug.
      Replacing or servicing the oil pump.
      Do you require the sump to be baffled if not already done.

Crank bearings are a talking point..as to change or not

Steve

Vehicles
      U will think I'm bragginnnnnn...
      04-23-2012 07:59 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper View Post
      ok its late, and I'm tired... been working way to much (own 2 businesses)

I'm picking up a block tomorrow and my engine rebuild will begin to take shape..

my end goal is to have a stout bottom ended for a big turbo.. not sure on HP yet, but i think id like to have at least 450-500... I know this has been done before... soooo

does anyone have any suggestions on what do's and dont's to make? Any suggestions with what rods/pistons to run, and which not to run? bolts.. raceware or ARP?

help a tired fool out!
      Cant wait until this turbo is built.. This year I have My .:R ready and my easy pass on hand, lol

Vehicles
      04 .:R32T, 08 Audi A8L Daily
      08-18-2012 09:57 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by bomber vw View Post
      Cant wait until this turbo is built.. This year I have My .:R ready and my easy pass on hand, lol
      block is at schimmels.. ordering the turbo, injectors and MAF housing from clay this week :-) I'm hoping to have it all back together just in time for winter and snow tires hahaha.