Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just Picked Up a Gallardo Spyder

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      03-31-2012 01:01 PM #106
      LOVE the colour on that. Congrats man that's so bad ass that a) you bought the car and b) you were nice enough to give those kids a ride in it

Vehicles
      2009 Nissan GTR/1999 Acura RL
      03-31-2012 01:02 PM #107
      congrats man! well done.

3. 03-31-2012 01:03 PM #108
      I'd like to point out how cool the OP is for not trying to rub his success in people's faces and tell us all how much better he is than everyone else for being rich or well off. Boogety and some others could learn a lot here.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

4. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Vehicles
      LEAF for the weekdays, E9 for the weekend
      03-31-2012 01:08 PM #109
      Congrats! Have a safe drive back to SoCal!
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      PRJCT.:R Chronicles l What I do in my free time.
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

Vehicles
      '12 Volkswagen GTI, '07 Audi A3
      03-31-2012 01:16 PM #110
      Congrats sir! Sounds like you deserve it, and what you did for the kids is awesome A year or so ago I got the opportunity to drive an R8 and had a very big spring in my step.
      Had/Have 1999.5 Jetta | 2006 GTI | 1991 GTI | 2004 A4 | 2008 R32 | 2012 GTI | 2012 Escape | 2007 A3

Quote Originally Posted by jrmcm View Post
      Because inflammatory arguments based on meaningless speculation is what we do around here.

6. 03-31-2012 01:26 PM #111
      [img]http://cdn.******************/instances/400x/17544016.jpg[/img]

Vehicles
      work van, some trailers and a rally car
      03-31-2012 01:32 PM #112
      Amazing car. Congrats on the nice toy! Enjoy in good health and for being an awesome guy to those kids.

I was once in a situation like that when we spotted an Ariel Atom, a friend of mine absolutely LOVES the car and wanted to go for a ride in it, he approached the owner and the owner agreed. My buddy's smile was a good description of how amazing the car was after the ride. People like that make this world a better place.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Gallardo Spyder, 2001 Miata LS, 2006 Corvette-Sold, 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (RIP)
      03-31-2012 01:52 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by Bias_Ply View Post
      Awesome car! enjoy! Will you be keeping the Miata as a daily car or just driving the Lambo exclusively?
      I'll be keeping the Miata as a DD. There are a lot of places I wouldn't feel comfortable driving this car, plus I usually do a lot of driving and I don't want to put too many miles on the Gallardo

Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      Very nice! 2006 with 12,000 sounds like a steal!

The Gallardo was one of the first supercars to have fairly reasonable service prices and intervals, right? Not trying to take anything away from your car, i am genuinely curious.
      That's actually one of the reasons I bought it. Supposedly the maintenance intervals and costs are reasonable. We will see...

Quote Originally Posted by SgtArky View Post
      I wouldnt worry about mpg with it the true purpose is PDH, panties dropped per hour... so, hows it working
      The waitress at the hotel bar wanted a ride I went out with her and her coworkers last night, nothing happened but it was still a good time

Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW View Post
      I thought this was going to be another stupid early April fools post...

Nice car!

Kinda sad that you have a Lamborghini but still use a blackberry though .
      My job is responsible for both my ability to buy the car and the reason I have a crappy Blackberry It's a company phone, I didn't have a choice. The phone is really horrendous

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You sound like a pretty cool dude to let those kids sit in your car and to let the one get a ride. I love the Gallardo, the only thing I'd do differently is pick a louder, more ostentatious color. The dark grey is very subtle and classy though.

Congrats on the new ride.

I was looking for the typical yellow/orange/green but this car was by far the best example in my price range. The owner of the dealership I bought it from told me it had the highest MSRP of all 2006 Gallardo Spyders because of all the options (the interior is really cool, two tone black and red with carbon fiber accents), and he gave me a screaming deal on it. I was thinking about getting the car vinyl wrapped in a flashier color but I'm still undecided

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kendall View Post
      [img]http://cdn.******************/instances/400x/17544016.jpg[/img]
      I live in LA, I can literally have the top off 90%+ of the days in the year. Plus I'm not too worried about the small hit to performance, I'm never going to use this car's full potential on the street anyway, and I'd probably rather take my Miata to the track

Quote Originally Posted by DJMRDARK View Post
      I'd like to point out how cool the OP is for not trying to rub his success in people's faces and tell us all how much better he is than everyone else for being rich or well off. Boogety and some others could learn a lot here.
      I'm a young guy that loves cars and I worked hard for what I wanted and have no other responsibilities (no wife or kids, etc.). It doesn't make me any more special than someone who chose a different path in life. I'm the exact same person with this car as I was when I had my Miata or my Corvette or my old Lexus GS400 or even my mom's 2001 Camry. I probably drove that Camry harder than any of the other cars too I've really never understood why TCL is generally so obsessed with money and status, that kind of thing doesn't matter at all to me. Of course, I'm not going to say I don't like the attention this car gets from the opposite sex though

One thing I forgot to mention. The dealer was a great guy. He had like 10 Diablos for sale (and a whole lot of other cool cars, including an Ariel Atom) and he spent about 30 minutes with me just talking cars. He even let me sit in the Diablos and I was nearly as giddy as those kids were when they got to sit in my car. The Diablo has been my favorite car of all time for a while. If you guys have never been in a Diablo, you would be absolutely shocked at how terrible the interior is. I can't emphasize it enough, the interior is atrocious. I"m not a guy that really cares much about interiors (I DD'd a Corvette for 5 years ) but it was shocking how bad the Diablo's interior was. The 3 pedals are so closely spaced together I could literally depress them all with one foot. I actually was unable to depress the gas without hitting the brake with my basketball shoes on, you would either have to buy special driving shoes or drive the car barefoot It's still an insanely badass car, but now I have a little more of an idea of how crazy a company Lamborghini was before Audi took over
      "When you need to get somewhere quickly, I'd rather get there the fastest I can, looking the best I can"-Rutledge Wood

Vehicles
      2004 volvo c70 hpt
      03-31-2012 02:05 PM #114
      very nice, congratulations.
      I found a liquor store, and i drank it!

10. Senior Member PineappleMonkey's Avatar
      03-31-2012 02:16 PM #115
      How long tilll it's dropped off at UGR?
      liiliilillillilililiil
      Donatello - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      I have a pet ▀□ left lane piggy □▀

Vehicles
      '11 Equinox, '10 Ecoboost Flex
      03-31-2012 02:17 PM #116
      Well done - that's one fine car! There's nothing like being able to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

And kudos to you for taking the time to let those kids fawn over your Lambo. Good karma all around.

12. 03-31-2012 02:21 PM #117
      First of all, congrats. It is truly satisfying to achieve success and the fruits that come with it.

Second, good call on the convertible. Where we live (I'm near the Bev Center), sunshine is a year around occurrence, and you can literally drive top down 350 days out of the year.

Lastly, one word, Kreissieg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOQ_9w0W36M

Vehicles
      '05 Mini Cooper S, '03 Infiniti FX45
      03-31-2012 02:23 PM #118
      Great looking car!

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Gallardo Spyder, 2001 Miata LS, 2006 Corvette-Sold, 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (RIP)
      03-31-2012 02:24 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by PineappleMonkey View Post
      How long tilll it's dropped off at UGR?
      Probably not for a LONG time My bank account needs to recover The dealership I bought it from had a ~1000hp twin turbo Gallardo and he told me the twin turbo ones are a lot of trouble. They're really fast but apparently they never run perfectly. I'll enjoy the 520hp for now, I doubt I'll feel the need for more for a while. I barely ever used the full 400hp of my Corvette
      "When you need to get somewhere quickly, I'd rather get there the fastest I can, looking the best I can"-Rutledge Wood

Vehicles
      1989 jetta trophy edition, 2007 rabbit
      03-31-2012 02:41 PM #120
      Congrats, ive always liked the Gallardo

Not a huge fan of a convertible, i'm more of the blacked out windows so know one can see me kinda guy I'm sure 500hp could possibly change my mind.

Vehicles
      '12 GTI '14 Jetta
      03-31-2012 02:52 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      IMO the best place for mounting a euro plate is in the trash.

Vehicles
      '09 MINI Cooper S; '03 MR2 Spyder; '03 Focus ZX3
      03-31-2012 03:13 PM #122
      Always great to see someone else realize a dream - massive congratulations indeed!

I missed the earlier thread completely, but it doesn't surprise me that people behaved that way. Disappointing of course, but not surprising.

>8^)
      ER

18. Member
      03-31-2012 03:15 PM #123

Congrats, topdog, on delivering. And deliver, you did! I pitched in a short single line of support in the other thread and walked away from it because I simply knew it was going to bring out all the haters but those who know, know. And those who don't, will insist on telling you that they know. Super cool story and enjoy that beast!
      2003 Acura MDX
      2006 BMW X3

19. 03-31-2012 03:20 PM #124
      The Gallardo is by far my least favorite modern Lamborghini, but I'm still ecstatic for you. Owning one is certainly a big deal IMO.

My neighbor has an orange one.

Congratulations!

Vehicles
      Stage 2 CC
      03-31-2012 03:20 PM #125
      Curious what you do for a living?

21. 03-31-2012 03:21 PM #126
      Just read your OP, now i see why you got a convertible. You seem like a chill dude for letting those kids in your car, and asking any TCL members if they want a ride. Enjoy the car man, enjoy life, and stay safe

Vehicles
      '09 VW Golf VI 1.4 TSI, '09 Cannondale Six 105, '13 Trek Fuel EX 9.8
      03-31-2012 03:24 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by DOQ fastlane View Post
      Curious what you do for a living?
      He said it earlier: Financing.
      Previously known as Son of a B...5er!

23. Member
      Vehicles
      03-31-2012 03:32 PM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by ZeRo_C0oL View Post
      The Gallardo is by far my least favorite modern Lamborghini, but I'm still ecstatic for you. Owning one is certainly a big deal IMO.

My neighbor has an orange one.

Congratulations!
      It's my least favorite modern Lamborghini too, but it's the only one with semi-reasonable maintenance costs

Quote Originally Posted by jason_kendall View Post
      Just read your OP, now i see why you got a convertible. You seem like a chill dude for letting those kids in your car, and asking any TCL members if they want a ride. Enjoy the car man, enjoy life, and stay safe
      I love to talk cars and share my love of cars with others. For some reason I have met very few people with nice cars. The nicest car I've ever driven (besides renting a Ferrari and GTR on a track once) are my old 2006 Corvette, a friend's 2008 M3 and another friend's 99 911 Carrera. I don't think I've even ridden in any other nice cars, ever. I know how frustrating it is to read about cool cars all the time and not have access to them, so I love the idea of sharing this car with a guy who loves cars as much as I do but doesn't have access to ride or drive a car like this right now. I remember being ecstatic back in 2001 when my buddy in high school let me drive his dad's Cadillac STS down the block!

24. Member
      Vehicles
      MK6 GTI
      03-31-2012 03:36 PM #129
      Congrats on the Gallardo!
      and +1 for being a cool guy

25. Member
      Vehicles
      1988 Volvo 240 wagon, 2007 Ford Mustang GT
      03-31-2012 03:43 PM #130
      Nice! Hope it came with a NWAS detail!

26. Member
      Vehicles
      03-31-2012 03:45 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by 66Satellite View Post
      Nice! Hope it came with a NWAS detail!
      The owner threw in a $500 detail for me for free because he knew I'd be driving it back to LA and he wanted to get a thick coat of wax on there to protect the paint. I can't emphasize enough how cool he is

27. Member
      Vehicles
      1988 Volvo 240 wagon, 2007 Ford Mustang GT
      03-31-2012 03:48 PM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by thetopdog View Post
      The owner threw in a $500 detail for me for free because he knew I'd be driving it back to LA and he wanted to get a thick coat of wax on there to protect the paint. I can't emphasize enough how cool he is
      Very cool. Blake's team is top notch. Hope you are enjoying our sucky weather.

Vehicles
      1989 jetta trophy edition, 2007 rabbit
      03-31-2012 03:49 PM #133
      Because he knows any one with a lambo is a cool guy..................so when are you coming to pick me up

29. Member
      Vehicles
      03-31-2012 03:52 PM #134
      Quote Originally Posted by 66Satellite View Post
      Very cool. Blake's team is top notch. Hope you are enjoying our sucky weather.
      I was referring to the owner of the dealership I bought it from. Sorry for the miscommunication. I'm not sure if he got it detailed at NWAS or not. I'll have to check the paperwork (its in the car)

30. 03-31-2012 03:55 PM #135
      Congrats! We need more pics asap

Vehicles
      2007 S2000
      03-31-2012 04:01 PM #136
      Dude enjoy the drive home! Be careful of the weather as you get closer to socal though.

03-31-2012 04:02 PM #137
      When I was at the dealership a group of 18-19 year old boys came in and were checking out all the nice cars. The dealer told them they could look but they couldn't sit in the cars or open the doors (which is understandable) and I could tell they were a little disappointed. I told them they could sit in my car all they wanted, which seemed to make them very happy. I remembered when I was that age I would have loved to take a ride in a Lamborghini so I offered to give them a ride as soon as my paperwork was all finalized. I only had time to give one of them a ride but the guy was ecstatic, he told me they had driven 50 miles to check out the cars. It felt pretty nice to be able to do that for him
      youre awesome

never let the financial lounge haters get you down
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Nah, understeering into a tree in a Honda like a teenage girl ruins your street cred. I'd leave the door to show how hard you are.

Vehicles
      Thundercougarfalconbird
      03-31-2012 04:03 PM #138
      LOVE the color combo. I much prefer it to the flashy colored Gallardo's I see all over So Cal.

Please, please, please resist the urge to put on gaudy rims like most Gallardo owners seem to do.

Oh, and let me know when you want me to take good pics of your car! I'll feature it on my site.

Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      03-31-2012 04:35 PM #139
      We need more photos, stat

Enjoy the long drive home, no better way to get acquainted with such a fun car.
      2008 VW Jetta SE 2.5 [current]
      1995 VW Jetta GLX VR6 [07.2003 - 03.2012]

Vehicles
      2012 Evo GSR
      03-31-2012 04:55 PM #140
      I'm jelly. Congrats, and enjoy the hell out of it!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast