Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul26982's Audi B6 Avant Progress...................

1. 06-30-2012 02:56 PM #26
      Why i was away at the weekend the neighbourgh was kind enough to take in a parcel which was the S-Line side skirts i bought, was over the moon for the price especially alot of them are missing the end caps what are for sale.

Heres a quick pic of the barrels of the wheels ive painted satin black, pic looks alittle strange due to the sunlight. should get the centres and dishes done over the weekend and defo assemble them next weekend, hope to finally fit the coilovers mid next week too finally.

2. 06-30-2012 02:57 PM #27
      Well finally got around to fitting the AP Coilovers i purchased around 8 Month ago, They excellent quality, more than happy with them, unsure what drop it sits at as just set them' Opinions/Advice welcome all is good untill i go to park on the drive and the exhaust clamp threads catch and cant get the car on the drive, so friday will spin them around so they are sideways and should be fine' Out of all the things :@

Should get the wheels built up at the weekend and fitted on Monday too. ~Oh and the drive

3. 06-30-2012 02:57 PM #28
      Received the LED Side light bulbs i ordered this morning. Will get pictures up when fitted and its darker.

4. 06-30-2012 02:58 PM #29
      Well Today' Changed both track rod ends, The CV boot i nipped while prying the stut out, Fitted The Other side LED side light, and fitted 4 New exhaust clamps with the threads facing the opposite way' And the result is least i can now get the car on the drive

Didnt manage to get to wind the fronts up a notch which needs doing. Just a midgeys knacker.

5. 06-30-2012 02:58 PM #30
      Dont know why this picture taken off my phone turned out like this. so dark. but heres the LED side light bulbs fitted on one side compared to the old bulb in the other.

Now on the Hunt for some H7 35w 5000K canbus HIDS for the projector headlights

6. 06-30-2012 02:59 PM #31
      Well got 'A' Wheel built up tonight, Centres are perfect. Dishes are not 100% can notice if you study them. and not 100% happy. Neither is it the finish i wanted but they going to have to do as not messing on anymore. Hopefully get the other 3 done within a day. maybe get tyres on the Weekend or begining of next week.

7. 06-30-2012 02:59 PM #32
      2 Quick pics' The car is Filthy going to clean tomorrow and take some proper pictures.

Today fitted CV boot. Fitted tyres and balanced and fitted wheels. Replaced Control Arm.

8. 06-30-2012 03:00 PM #33
      Seen as though the weather is all over the place today never went far to take a few pictures.

Just a few better ones of the suspension and wheels fitted to give you a better idea of how it sits etc .

Vehicles
      07 GTI
      07-04-2012 02:49 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Paulstephenson View Post
      What lower bumper is that? looks like an Ultra Sport. I swear I read somewhere that the USP lower will not mount on the regular upper, or is yours an aftermarket that looks like the USP?
      -Frankenturbo- -doTuning- -Forge-

10. 07-04-2012 03:40 PM #35
      might be that as i think you call it different to us in the u.s

I know it as the Votex fron' MS design. theres a thread on audisport.net that shows you where to do some slight trimming on the rear or some thing like that. thinking of smoothing it all in though when i get it painted

Vehicles
      1993 vr6 vento
      07-05-2012 02:50 AM #36
      preferred the old rims... also fit the cupra lip, it will look BOSS!

Vehicles
      07 GTI
      07-05-2012 07:33 AM #37
      might be that as i think you call it different to us in the u.s

I know it as the Votex fron' MS design. theres a thread on audisport.net that shows you where to do some slight trimming on the rear or some thing like that. thinking of smoothing it all in though when i get it painted
      Do you know what grilles for that lower?

13. 07-05-2012 01:51 PM #38
      sorry what do you mean. the grills are the votex ones. quite rare and around £260 for the 3

14. 07-14-2012 02:13 AM #39
      Not a great update but Put the car in for M.O.T on Thursday' passed without a single advisory. Also gave it a quick service yesterday, New........

Fuel Filter
      Pollen Filter
      Oil Filter
      Oil change
      Spark Plugs

15. Semi-n00b
      07-18-2012 02:25 AM #40
      where did you get rear bumper from? nice! did you install?

16. 07-18-2012 02:32 PM #41
      havnt got around to install it yet. its the GMBH rear

Well some thing i didnt expect to do' The car is currently back on the RS4's. Sold the RH 3.6 Speedlines and now have some.................

BBS CH's
      18"
      8.5J all around.

Always wanted some and there one of my favourite wheels even though they quite common now due to the amount of Replica's floating around

Plans are' Red centre caps and BBS Valves and caps.

17. 07-20-2012 06:29 AM #43
      Received my spoiler today' Its not fitted correctly here was just to take are few quick pics' the bolts either end was stopping the back to fit correctly as the spoiler is bolt on!

18. 08-14-2012 01:03 PM #44
      Today fitted the BBS CH's Totaly forgot about spigot rings. So went to Revolution @ Team Valley seems they a direct part and not the same as the plastic ones you get' they ally or some thing and have retaining clips or some thing. So waiting on BBS spigot rings direct from them.

Vehicles
      2001 A4 1.8TQMS
      08-23-2012 09:11 PM #45
      Nice avant man I think we have the same color avant, I really need to drop mine.... Love the ch's!
      - Lee

GRFXP.com for all of your sticker/decal/vinyl needs.

20. 08-24-2012 01:49 AM #46
      Many thanks' Love CH's my favourite wheel. Timeless. yeah its the same colour' I want your headlights and U.S Tailgate

Vehicles
      2001 A4 1.8TQMS
      08-27-2012 02:50 PM #47
      Many thanks' Love CH's my favourite wheel. Timeless. yeah its the same colour' I want your headlights and U.S Tailgate
      Say no more, get me a shipping quote and id gladly trade! What headlights do you have? Are they stock, they don't look it?
      - Lee

GRFXP.com for all of your sticker/decal/vinyl needs.

22. 08-28-2012 02:06 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by LeeHech View Post
      Say no more, get me a shipping quote and id gladly trade! What headlights do you have? Are they stock, they don't look it?
      yeah they are stock. i seriously would but looked into this before. shipping is too expensive. i also looked for the cost of a tailgate and that was silly

Vehicles
      07 GTI
      08-28-2012 08:25 AM #49
      shipping headlights to the UK don't cost too much. Your European lamps cost us about $1000 USD here

24. 09-20-2012 02:35 PM #50
      Been looking to an alternative for HIDS as not really a fan' So' Received my Bulbs today. Choose these as they Highly recommended, they from T8ups over on Audi-sport from EM tunning. sent next day and are only £8 for the pair. Must say im pretty impressed. Pictures dont do them justice to be honest.

Heres one fitted to the Passenger side compared to the standard driver' I also have LED side lights baring in mind. like i say pictures dont show the really effect. they proper white!

And both fitted

Also for over a year every night searched the usual Forums and ebay sites for the Votex grills for the bumper i have' with not a sniff on Saturday one popped up which was brand new in the packaging for £11.50 delivered so snapped it up' Just need 2 more now Tempted to just buy them new but been tight and £140 for the last 2 im undecided.

Hopefully Get to go and get some paint tomorrow and paint the spoiler i have and fit Saturday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast