Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: You are what you eat, America

1. 05-01-2012 12:11 AM #176
      Quote Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
      amazing that people get so upset when someone points out that the majority of the food in this country is terrible for you, and heavily subsidized.
      Don't expect much rationality. There are a few trolls who make a hobby of pooing in my topics.

2. Member
      05-01-2012 04:39 AM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenspanator View Post
      ^^This. He's like a yapper dog. Dog looks out the window, sees people jogging, starts barking its head off. You look out the window, see it's just people jogging, attempt to return to watching TV. Dog can't understand why you aren't also freaking the hell out that there are people jogging outside, barks louder and crazier, and bounces off your repeatedly head while you're trying to watch TV. You try to ignore it, but eventually it's so annoying that you start yelling at it to shut the **** up. Then the dog bites you. /story
      Exactly. At least my idiot dog is cute so I put up with it.

3. 05-06-2012 12:04 AM #178
      Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenspanator View Post
      ^^This. He's like a yapper dog. Dog looks out the window, sees people jogging, starts barking its head off. You look out the window, see it's just people jogging, attempt to return to watching TV. Dog can't understand why you aren't also freaking the hell out that there are people jogging outside, barks louder and crazier, and bounces off your repeatedly head while you're trying to watch TV. You try to ignore it, but eventually it's so annoying that you start yelling at it to shut the **** up. Then the dog bites you. /story
      Incompetent hypocrisy should at least be kept brief. When you've contributed anything to this topic that even comes close to the amount of useful information I've posted in it, then you will be on your way toward earning the right to criticize. And, if you do, hopefully you'll figure out how to do it in an intelligent way.

Vehicles
      2 57 Bel Airs 65 Corvair 66 SS396 68 Dart 73 Vette 86 Golf 97 GTI 99/04 Neons & a truck
      05-06-2012 12:10 AM #179
      Ok I'll try to keep my incompetence and lack of intelligence brief from now on. Don't want to bring down you supergenius types with my blathering.

Sent from my shoe phone

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Rline Candy White
      05-06-2012 02:45 AM #180
      Wow! 0_G is using big boy words.
      He must have some of that "fancy book learnin".

P.S. your threads suck.

6. Member
      05-06-2012 05:52 AM #181
      Quote Originally Posted by O_G View Post
      Incompetent hypocrisy should at least be kept brief. When you've contributed anything to this topic that even comes close to the amount of useful information I've posted in it, then you will be on your way toward earning the right to criticize. And, if you do, hopefully you'll figure out how to do it in an intelligent way.
      Again, why did you join a CAR forum to never, not once, post about cars? Oh, that's right, you came here to copypasta and use big words to inform us all of your bull**** conspiracy theories. Go join NP boards and let us get back to poop threads and cat dances.

7. 05-06-2012 10:25 AM #182
      Quote Originally Posted by Jader Pack View Post
      Meh, after living in China for about a year, for the third time in my life, I'm experiencing an all-too-familiar feeling: a fear of eating anything and an overpowering urge to get back home to North America.

You eat the wrong thing in North America for 30 years, and you wind up with some minor ailment. You eat (or drink) the wrong thing just ONCE here in China, and you're incapacitated for a week or worse. I've had liquor that made me violently ill for two days, red wine that gave me such a killer headache I was involuntarily moaning in pain and T3s did nothing to stop it, meat that made me felt like I was on speed, candies that took away my appetite for 3 days, I've gotten food poisoning basically once a month, and everyone I FaceTime with at home says it looks like I've aged five years since I left Canada. I've lost 20 lbs, no matter how much I exercise and no matter how much so-called "protein" I eat I can't get the muscle mass back.

Not to say there isn't a problem in North America, but it could be much, much worse.
      I think this perspective is correct. Has someone identified a way to further improve the food supply? Great. Has someone detected a problem in a small part of the population from the over-use of one substance or another? Then discussing it makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is running around like Henny Penny over our food supply. If you live in the US your entire life and exercise the slightest bit of caution about how you eat, you will likely live a long time and die a bit overweight, if for no other reason than the food is inexpensive.

If you go out of your way to subsist on food without a shelf life, or you buy all you groceries at a 7/11, I predict you won't feel great. However, you probably won't be violently ill even if you make a moron's choices.
      Unofficial Feelings Manager for OT. http://www.npboards.com/index.php

"I am JIMP."

8. 05-07-2012 12:59 AM #183
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      What doesn't make sense is running around like Henny Penny over our food supply.
      Boring hyperbolic ad hominem adds nothing to this topic.
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile
      Has someone detected a problem in a small part of the population from the over-use of one substance or another? Then discussing it makes sense.
      Then start discussing.

05-07-2012 06:14 AM #184
      I'm gonna invent low fructose corn syrup. Then retire.
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

10. Member
      05-07-2012 06:40 AM #185
      ad hominem
      Oh look, you have a new favorite word! Been using that one a lot lately! LOVE the italics!

Vehicles
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike
      05-07-2012 06:45 AM #186
      I am about 200gr of filled Lindt chocolates.
      A(u). Klasse A, unbeschrankt, ungedrosselt
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!

nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan

05-08-2012 09:31 AM #187
      Quote Originally Posted by lipprandt35 View Post
      Wow! 0_G is using big boy words.
      He must have some of that "fancy book learnin".

P.S. your threads suck.

13. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-08-2012 10:03 AM #188

^^^^ OG

05-08-2012 10:52 AM #189
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post

^^^^ OG
      So he's not your everyday type prankster?
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

Quote Originally Posted by .skully.
      Mike, quote me in your signature

Vehicles
      Hondas, regular and extra-pricey
      05-08-2012 11:07 AM #190
      I'm a bran muffin and Yoplait Lite. I'll be #Occupying a stall soon.

05-08-2012 11:11 AM #191
      Just a FYI

Dont eat week old KFC thats been in the fridge .

I have never thrown something up so violently for so long and then it ended with it coming out the other end also .

Worst day of my life , along with barfing and crapping my brains out , my whole body hurts from all the muscle contractions and cold shakes.

17. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      05-08-2012 11:57 AM #192
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      So he's not your everyday type prankster?
      Nah G; he's a motherfûcking gangsta

18. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      05-08-2012 11:59 AM #193
      Quote Originally Posted by Chilledman View Post
      Just a FYI

Dont eat KFC .
      FTFY

Sorry to see you so ill, but it warms my heart to know that your crappy eating habits finally caught up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

19. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '15 e250 bt, '67 rolls royce, '67 mgb gt
      05-08-2012 12:10 PM #194
      Quote Originally Posted by Chilledman View Post

Worst day of my life , along with barfing and crapping my brains out , my whole body hurts from all the muscle contractions and cold shakes.
      sounds like a diet plan, and a full body workout.

problem?

Vehicles
      1999 Nissan Quest GLE, 2009 Nissan GT-R
      05-08-2012 12:38 PM #195

jelly? plz don't mad
      Free 1SICKLEX

21. 05-08-2012 01:47 PM #196
      Don't expect much rationality. There are a few trolls who make a hobby of pooing in my topics.
      kar·ma   /ˈkɑrmə/ Show Spelled[kahr-muh] Show IPA
      noun
      1. Hinduism, Buddhism . action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman. Compare bhakti ( def. 1 ) , jnana.
      2. Theosophy . the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.

Dictionary.com
      Unofficial Feelings Manager for OT. http://www.npboards.com/index.php

"I am JIMP."

Vehicles
      2005 Dodge stratus SXT Coupe
      05-08-2012 04:16 PM #197
      Quote Originally Posted by TASVW View Post
      No beer on that list. I'm safe.
      unless you consider bottle conditioned beers... they're carbonated via corn sugar.... lol
      "Play a Windows CD backwards and hear scary messages. Thats nothing, play it forwards and it installs Windows"
      Homebrewers of the 'tex. Join us! Home brewers CHECK IN please!

23. 05-10-2012 10:59 PM #198
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      kar·ma   /ˈkɑrmə/ Show Spelled[kahr-muh] Show IPA
      noun
      1. Hinduism, Buddhism . action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman. Compare bhakti ( def. 1 ) , jnana.
      2. Theosophy . the cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation.

Dictionary.com
      Theosophy and "karma", eh? Thanks for the continuing rationality.

What's next? Astrology?

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      05-11-2012 01:01 AM #200

25. 05-11-2012 01:09 AM #201
      Let me guess, you're so tired of my topics that you felt an overwhelming urge to post an irrelevant photograph in one?

Care to say anything useful about nutrition?

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      05-11-2012 01:10 AM #202
      I just think lambs are cute and I'm not sure I'd feel too great about eating one.

The subtext is obvious.

27. 05-11-2012 01:11 AM #203
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I just think lambs are cute and I'm not sure I'd feel too great about eating one.

The subtext is obvious.
      Try again.

28. Member
      05-11-2012 01:57 AM #204
      You still haven't told us why you joined a CAR forum and haven't once posted about cars...

29. 05-11-2012 02:01 AM #205
      Quote Originally Posted by OSD#15 View Post
      You still haven't told us why you joined a CAR forum and haven't once posted about cars...
      Maybe when you post something in this topic that's actually on-topic I'll waste more time responding again to the same pointless troll spam.

30. Member
      05-11-2012 02:19 AM #206
      Maybe when you post something in this topic that's actually on-topic I'll waste more time responding again to the same pointless troll spam.
      OK, here we go. Here in America, we have the freedom to purchase what we want and to educate ourselves about what we eat. The information you posted is easily accessible by anyone with a computer and if people were that concerned with what is in the food they eat, they are free to look it up. The fact of the matter is, people don't really give a **** and we are living longer than ever. The sky isn't falling. If anyone is spamming, its you.

Now, go ahead, answer my question.

31. 05-11-2012 02:52 AM #207
      OK, here we go. Here in America, we have the freedom to purchase what we want and to educate ourselves about what we eat.
      That's not freedom, that's an unnecessary burden. It's redundant, inefficient, and designed for one thing and one thing only: to let food producers profit at the expense of public health.

What is freedom is when someone wants to become a nutritionist and set policy, do research, and the like. Expecting everyone to become an expert so they can eat is ridiculous.
      The information you posted is easily accessible by anyone with a computer and if people were that concerned with what is in the food they eat, they are free to look it up.
      BS. Not only is the information not readily available, given that it's a hodgepodge of sources and people have to filter a huge number of astroturf and scare sites — it's absurd to demand that people use a computer to verify every food item they purchase.

People do not have the time/energy/resources to become an expert in everything. Civilization's core purpose is cooperative leveraging of expertise. People specialize for a reason.
      The fact of the matter is, people don't really give a **** and we are living longer than ever.
      You sure like to recycle tired and rebutted talking points. I will refer yet again to the deformed genitals, which is just one adequate rebuttal of many.
      The sky isn't falling.
      No, but dreary clichéd talking points certainly are.
      If anyone is spamming, its you.
      I'm sure you find the long photo spam more illuminating.
      Now, go ahead, answer my question.
      I already did. Go back and read. And, next time, try to get your facts straight to avoid asking stupid questions. After the facts, also try to use some elementary logic.

Vehicles
      disco, new wave, rave era german iron...and a Japanese V8 with a tailgate
      05-11-2012 03:12 AM #209
      mmmm...spam.
      Quote Originally Posted by spoon! View Post
      I'll go if Paul goes.
      Rod Blagojevich - Team My Little Pony

05-11-2012 03:14 AM #210
      This thread has run its course.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast