VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wheeler Dealers. New series 2012

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      04-28-2012 06:30 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I was surprised they did not make more money on the G...
      This has a lot to do with it being a petrol version as opposed to a diesel, which are in a high demand and even harder to find in a good nick.
      “I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime” - Neil deGrasse Tyson.

05-04-2012 04:58 AM #77
      The Jaguar XK8 is out:

According to Wikipedia, this is the last episode of the series.

05-04-2012 05:06 AM #78
      Wow, I'm kinda surprised the Jag still has a cable operated throttle and not a DBW system.

Huh...huh...huh... he said "limp" mode. Huh...huh...huh...

4. Senior Member
      05-04-2012 08:22 AM #79
      My wife and I like episode with the Mini Moke. My wife has a Moke. The spend the show talking about rust and end the show driving the Moke through surf on a beach.

5. 05-04-2012 09:06 AM #80
      Watched the episode this AM. Was a good one. Basically just a bolt-on show but that fuel system cleaner was pretty awesome looking. I wonder if that is similar to a Jiffy-Lube special clean?
      Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
      I'm naming my next child NightTrain EX.
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW View Post
      You're a pretty cool dude.

6. 05-10-2012 07:16 PM #81
      Can anyone recommend shows similar to this that I can watch online? Also, I've been using YouTube and they don't really have that many episodes, where is everyone else watching this show at? Thanks!

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-10-2012 07:48 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      Wow, I'm kinda surprised the Jag still has a cable operated throttle and not a DBW system.

Huh...huh...huh... he said "limp" mode. Huh...huh...huh...
      No, they are all DBW these days.

The car on the show was made in 1997 and has a 4L. I believe 4.2L version had a DBW.

On a side note, I am subscribed to Mike Brewer's feed. From what I gathered we'll be seeing more cars from USofA in the near future as he's already bought two.
      “I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so that the energy content contained within it gets returned to the earth, so that flora and fauna can dine upon it, just as I have dined upon flora and fauna during my lifetime” - Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-10-2012 07:50 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum View Post
      Can anyone recommend shows similar to this that I can watch online? Also, I've been using YouTube and they don't really have that many episodes, where is everyone else watching this show at? Thanks!
      The only one that is somewhat similar is "... is born" series with Mark Evans. Unfortunately, he's stopped doing them about 5 years ago and "Wreck Rescue" was the last one.

05-10-2012 07:52 PM #84
      I've recently become addicted to this show, so good.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      1988 is not an 80's car, it's an early 90s car but whatever.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32, S4
      05-10-2012 08:01 PM #85
      yeah his twitter recently mentioned a trip to San Diego looking for more cars.
      welcome to the layer cake

11. 05-10-2012 08:25 PM #86
      My favorite Wheeler Dealer was the MR2 episode from a while back. A true cheap repair of a cool classic but most of all, a rattle can paint job that turned out pretty damn good!

Jump to 5:45 to see the paint job.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      13 GTI, 05 R53, 81 W123, 05 Tourneo Connect
      05-10-2012 09:05 PM #87
      I love this show, all the cars that they choose are great - although i must say i prefer the cheaper ones. My favorite is when they go abroad to buy a car - like the Dino, or the DS

Vehicles
      '91 964, '93 525i, '05 GTI
      05-10-2012 09:48 PM #88
      Love this show as well. Huge fan, a little down that I can't watch it in my house. Guess that is what the holidays are for

Any idea where I could watch these online? For example I am trying to watch the Targa episode and it seems Discovery has blocked a few videos...

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-10-2012 09:53 PM #89
      Download them. Plenty of sources for that.

I truly wish Discovery would release all series on DVD. The only ones I saw were selected episodes, dedicated to a particular brand... even then, they were shorter than those aired.

15. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      05-12-2012 01:09 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by mx5er View Post
      The Jaguar XK8 is out:
      I liked that episode..... maybe it was a reaction to some of their more ricey mods in the past?

A blacked out grill insert and upgraded suspension and brakes (2,000 pounds used!!! omg).
      Those seemed like a very... respectable upgrades.

And that engine/fuel system cleaner machine.... is that something that is available in the US yet?
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

16. Member
      Vehicles
      S80, CRV
      05-12-2012 01:12 PM #91
      And that engine/fuel system cleaner machine.... is that something that is available in the US yet?
      I was wondering the same thing. I know most people do the seafoam route, but I wonder if shops have something similar to what Ed used

Vehicles
      nothing to see here
      05-12-2012 02:32 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by bubbagti View Post
      I was wondering the same thing. I know most people do the seafoam route, but I wonder if shops have something similar to what Ed used
      Yeah, wondered the same thing.

05-12-2012 03:18 PM #93
      Butler Tires & Wheels
      HRE | Savini | Lexani | Forgiato | BBS | Rotiform | RBP | Niche | TSW | Lorinser | Fuel | Black Rhino | Dub| Foose | US Mags | American Force | Vossen | Rennen | Beyern | Brambus | OZ | Enkei | Cray | Conventry | Michelin | Pirelli | Toyo | Procomp | H&R | Corsa | Borla | Eibach | Hotchkis | Remus | Akrapovič

19. 05-12-2012 05:50 PM #94
      Not to steal somebody else's thunder, but the fact that the show hasn't "sold out to adverts" is a godsend. Love 2guys garage, the car shows, mecum auctions... etc but they all reek of constant advertising. Great WD episodes were with the GTI, 924, vw dune buggy, cosworth mercedes, delta integrale, and corvette episodes.

20. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-12-2012 07:14 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by gsprobe View Post
      Not to steal somebody else's thunder, but the fact that the show hasn't "sold out to adverts" is a godsend. Love 2guys garage, the car shows, mecum auctions... etc but they all reek of constant advertising. Great WD episodes were with the GTI, 924, vw dune buggy, cosworth mercedes, delta integrale, and corvette episodes.
      Then contact your representatives and demand much higher government financial support for PBS so PBS can make more shows without having to pander to sponsors like normal TV......

(I assume you realize that the BBC is government funded)
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

05-12-2012 09:14 PM #96
      Then contact your representatives and demand much higher government financial support for PBS so PBS can make more shows without having to pander to sponsors like normal TV......

(I assume you realize that the BBC is government funded)
      I think it airs on Discovery Channel (UK) not BBC.
      Quote Originally Posted by rich! View Post
      i'd lock this thread but i have no clue how...

22. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Vehicles
      05-12-2012 10:20 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by KahviVW View Post
      I think it airs on Discovery Channel (UK) not BBC.
      Well.. dang...

But my point still stands.

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      10-08-2012 05:25 PM #98
      New series is out with 3 episodes been aired so far. Last week's (and the most fun IMO) was a Jeep Willis.

24. Banned
      Vehicles
      If I told you I'd be banned from TCL
      10-08-2012 05:31 PM #99
      Watch this show...not sure if it's been covered already but I think it's funny spray paint is a commonly used product on the show and the pretty minimum profit they make.

Vehicles
      German/American/French
      10-08-2012 06:38 PM #100
      There is nothing wrong with a can of stone-chip paint.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast