Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Install question and Best Buy won't help.

Vehicles
      GTI 337, '67 Beetle
      04-01-2012 11:30 PM #1
      I've got a pioneer avh p3100 ready to go that was pulled from a mk5. Its got the two cages on it, a rectangular one and the outer one that fits the mk5 shape. Will I be able to use just the rectangular one for my mk4?

Also, where will be able to find a harness for it? Best Buy said they didn't have one and weren't gonna be able to order one.

2. 04-01-2012 11:35 PM #2
      Yep, the Rectangular cage will fit into the stock cage on the Mk4. You will need to cut out the plastic rear support of the stock cage, as the new radio will be deeper than the stock one, but the rear support is plastic and won't take much to remove.

As for the wire harness, I am pretty sure that the MkV uses a compatible harness as the MKIV, if not order from Enfig.com.

Vehicles
      GTI 337, '67 Beetle
      04-01-2012 11:52 PM #3
      Is there a particular harness that I need? Theres a bunch of different types on that site

4. 04-06-2012 10:19 AM #4
      You can always check with crutchfield.com they normally carry harnesses for every car.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      04-06-2012 08:10 PM #5
      The MK5 harness fits the MK4, sorry not all "installers" are created equal. They also stock the proper harness for your car as regular store stock. Sorry for the misinformation.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact me.
      12v Installation Services: Audio, Alarms/Remote Starts, OEM Integration, etc.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer, Kenwood, Hertz, Audison, Rockford Fosgate

6. 04-08-2012 11:53 PM #6
      Do you need the harness coming out of the radio, or the one that connects the new radio harness to the car? If you have no wires coming out of the back of the radio, you need to get the Pioneer one. Typically there are multiple Pioneer radios that use the same one, so ebay is your friend.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      04-09-2012 12:05 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by jimlav1978 View Post
      Do you need the harness coming out of the radio, or the one that connects the new radio harness to the car? If you have no wires coming out of the back of the radio, you need to get the Pioneer one. Typically there are multiple Pioneer radios that use the same one, so ebay is your friend.
      Sorry, this was resolved via PM. He's got everything he needs now last we spoke.
      12v Installation Services: Audio, Alarms/Remote Starts, OEM Integration, etc.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer, Kenwood, Hertz, Audison, Rockford Fosgate

8. 04-09-2012 12:14 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by NFrazier View Post
      Sorry, this was resolved via PM. He's got everything he needs now last we spoke.
      No worries. Just didn't see that clarified. Carry on.