Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 06J121026AN the latest water pump rev. for a 2.0TSI (CAW) engine?

1. 04-02-2012 04:35 PM #1
      Is it?

Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      04-04-2012 01:52 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by feplazas View Post
      Is it?
      Hopefully this helps, but I'm not sure if we have the same part numbers for different origins of the TSI motor. I had my water pump replaced about a month ago after making a whirring noise for the past 15k miles. I finally got the dealer to confirm the noise and they replaced my water pump. Still after 200 miles with the new pump there's now a high pitch noise which by many on here has confirmed it to be the seals between the water pump and the block. I'm going to have them replace it again when I get the chance to take it to another dealer that's a little farther commute b/c my local one scrtached up the bumper and put a huge dent in the quarter panel (had to have their PDR guy come and fix it after trying to send me off with the car and not say anything about it). Anyway I hope this helps.

06H121026AB - Is an original water pump for the CCTA and CBFA engine. That I have seen from my car and others that have had their's replaced already.

06J121026AN - Water pump that you are inquiring about.

06H121026BA - Newest one that I know of, and the one that was put into mine about 1k miles ago as pertaining to the CCTA and CBFA motors.

I don't see why you CAW motor couldn't utilize the "newest" pump revision.
      Drive it like you stole it!!!
      XBL GT: MasterNele 03

3. 04-04-2012 02:03 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by MasterNele03 View Post
      Hopefully this helps, but I'm not sure if we have the same part numbers for different origins of the TSI motor. I had my water pump replaced about a month ago after making a whirring noise for the past 15k miles. I finally got the dealer to confirm the noise and they replaced my water pump. Still after 200 miles with the new pump there's now a high pitch noise which by many on here has confirmed it to be the seals between the water pump and the block. I'm going to have them replace it again when I get the chance to take it to another dealer that's a little farther commute b/c my local one scrtached up the bumper and put a huge dent in the quarter panel (had to have their PDR guy come and fix it after trying to send me off with the car and not say anything about it). Anyway I hope this helps.

06H121026AB - Is an original water pump for the CCTA and CBFA engine. That I have seen from my car and others that have had their's replaced already.

06J121026AN - Water pump that you are inquiring about.

06H121026BA - Newest one that I know of, and the one that was put into mine about 1k miles ago as pertaining to the CCTA and CBFA motors.

I don't see why you CAW motor couldn't utilize the "newest" pump revision.

Thanks for your answer. In fact my water pump was replaced a month ago with 06H121026BA, but now the high pitch sound is back. RitterTX (you can find his videos and comments on youtube) told me he had this very same problem finally fixed by his dealer with 06J121026AN (2000 miles since install and there is no noise or failure), stating that this is the newest rev. Here's the link (check out the comments):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PfkO...eature=related

This whole wp issue is just confusing, FRUSTRATING.

Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      04-04-2012 03:24 PM #4
      Thanks for your answer. In fact my water pump was replaced a month ago with 06H121026BA, but now the high pitch sound is back. RitterTX (you can find his videos and comments on youtube) told me he had this very same problem finally fixed by his dealer with 06J121026AN (2000 miles since install and there is no noise or failure), stating that this is the newest rev. Here's the link (check out the comments):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PfkO...eature=related

This whole wp issue is just confusing, FRUSTRATING.
      I hear you and when I go I'll see if that is in fact a revised solution and the latest revision. I know another guy one here (can't remeber his name) has had his pump replaced 4 times with 06H121026BA and after the 4th pump which was in December it's been fine ever since. Supposidly it's the seals that are crap not the pump itslef. It's just the seals cause the pump to go bad. Also since Audi uses the same part they started to work on a fix to the problem and got VW to start aswell so that could possibly mean that there is a solution coming. The problem for me with that is are they going to have a correct solution to this thing before my warranty is up b/c I don't want to have to pay for this thing if it's been a problem since the beginning. Or will they make a recall for those that are or will be out of warranty get the repair done for free.

5. 04-10-2012 07:46 PM #5
      I hear you and when I go I'll see if that is in fact a revised solution and the latest revision. I know another guy one here (can't remeber his name) has had his pump replaced 4 times with 06H121026BA and after the 4th pump which was in December it's been fine ever since. Supposidly it's the seals that are crap not the pump itslef. It's just the seals cause the pump to go bad. Also since Audi uses the same part they started to work on a fix to the problem and got VW to start aswell so that could possibly mean that there is a solution coming. The problem for me with that is are they going to have a correct solution to this thing before my warranty is up b/c I don't want to have to pay for this thing if it's been a problem since the beginning. Or will they make a recall for those that are or will be out of warranty get the repair done for free.
      Using ETKA 7.3 i found out that 06J121026AN IS NOT a new, revised water pump. In fact, it is used in the 2012 CBFA Beetle and the 2009 A3 Sportback. And, looking at some photos of it, you can see that it has a connector / sensor that is not present in the BA rev. This makes me think that maybe those dealers using 06J121026AN to fix our very much hated water pump problem are taking us for lab rats. This is not a VW approved fix.

Vehicles
      04-10-2012 11:23 PM #6
      Using ETKA 7.3 i found out that 06J121026AN IS NOT a new, revised water pump. In fact, it is used in the 2012 CBFA Beetle and the 2009 A3 Sportback. And, looking at some photos of it, you can see that it has a connector / sensor that is not present in the BA rev. This makes me think that maybe those dealers using 06J121026AN to fix our very much hated water pump problem are taking us for lab rats. This is not a VW approved fix.
      Well that's disappointing, I appreciate you taking the time to look on ETKA though. Now this is troubling in that none of the pumps that are currently out will work. I think I have read 2 weeks ago that VW is working on a fix and they expect to have it in 6 weeks. Not sure how true that statement is but it did come from the same guy whose had 4 pump replacements. I'm hoping in a month I can call and see if they do in fact have a new revision on the pump and get a new one installed on the car. In the meantime I can continue to try and find more information on what pump we have now and if there are other options.

7. 04-11-2012 10:12 AM #7
      Well that's disappointing, I appreciate you taking the time to look on ETKA though. Now this is troubling in that none of the pumps that are currently out will work. I think I have read 2 weeks ago that VW is working on a fix and they expect to have it in 6 weeks. Not sure how true that statement is but it did come from the same guy whose had 4 pump replacements. I'm hoping in a month I can call and see if they do in fact have a new revision on the pump and get a new one installed on the car. In the meantime I can continue to try and find more information on what pump we have now and if there are other options.
      Let us all hope that VW finally gives us a fix for this. Some tech guys in other forums say that this high pitch noise is in fact a water pump break in, and just that. But, if so, i wonder why i've lost all my coolant twice (i'm on my fourth pump too) and why some guys still have the noise after 15k miles. That's a looooong break in period if you ask me.............

Vehicles
      04-11-2012 10:30 AM #8
      Let us all hope that VW finally gives us a fix for this. Some tech guys in other forums say that this high pitch noise is in fact a water pump break in, and just that. But, if so, i wonder why i've lost all my coolant twice (i'm on my fourth pump too) and why some guys still have the noise after 15k miles. That's a looooong break in period if you ask me.............
      Yea hopefully, I find that a little odd that the noise is the water pump breaking in. A lot of people with the high pitch noise have had it for a while like you said and they open the coolant expansion tank and the noise goes away but as soon as they tighten it back on within a few minutes the high pitch noise is back. My first pump didn't have a high pitch noise it was a low toned whirring and it went through 15k miles a handful of autox days and 2 track events. I never lost any coolant, never had a leak it was just super annoying to have a fairly new car making a noise like that. Currently I'm only had one replacement which is the one making the high pitch noise now and at first it didn't do the high pitch, but after 200 miles it was doing it . I'm just not sure if I believe that it's a break-in period, but I could be wrong. Still doesn't explain why the noise will go away if you open the ezpansion tank and relieve some pressure. Seems to me that air is somehow getting in there. I have yet to lose any coolant though (knock on wood) so far from either pump.

9. 04-11-2012 10:38 AM #9
      Yea hopefully, I find that a little odd that the noise is the water pump breaking in. A lot of people with the high pitch noise have had it for a while like you said and they open the coolant expansion tank and the noise goes away but as soon as they tighten it back on within a few minutes the high pitch noise is back. My first pump didn't have a high pitch noise it was a low toned whirring and it went through 15k miles a handful of autox days and 2 track events. I never lost any coolant, never had a leak it was just super annoying to have a fairly new car making a noise like that. Currently I'm only had one replacement which is the one making the high pitch noise now and at first it didn't do the high pitch, but after 200 miles it was doing it . I'm just not sure if I believe that it's a break-in period, but I could be wrong. Still doesn't explain why the noise will go away if you open the ezpansion tank and relieve some pressure. Seems to me that air is somehow getting in there. I have yet to lose any coolant though (knock on wood) so far from either pump.
      "Still doesn't explain why the noise will go away if you open the ezpansion tank and relieve some pressure."

You are ABSOLUTELY right about that. One more reason to disregard the break in theory.

Vehicles
      Stage 2 CC
      04-13-2012 06:40 AM #10
      It's no break in...

I'm on my 4th pump in 2 months bc of the high pitch whine. It's coming from a faulty bearing within the pump.
      I was told vwoa should have a revised pump from a different manufacturer in about a month.

I'm gonna call today and see if there is any progress.

Vehicles
      04-13-2012 09:57 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by DOQ fastlane View Post
      It's no break in...

I'm on my 4th pump in 2 months bc of the high pitch whine. It's coming from a faulty bearing within the pump.
      I was told vwoa should have a revised pump from a different manufacturer in about a month.

Thanks man for reporting and if you could let us know if there progess or an update to when it will be released whether delayed or not. Thanks.

12. 04-13-2012 10:34 AM #12
      It's no break in...

Ty. Please keep us informed.

13. Junior Member
      04-13-2012 08:07 PM #13
      I had my water pump replaced today with 06J-121-026-AN

Vehicles
      Stage 2 CC
      04-13-2012 09:31 PM #14
      Any whine?>

15. Junior Member
      04-13-2012 11:23 PM #15
      Any whine?>
      Nope, gone for good I hope

16. Junior Member
      04-28-2012 10:13 PM #16
      300 miles now and whine is back. Any update regarding a new pump being made?

17. 04-29-2012 08:36 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_Dub View Post
      300 miles now and whine is back. Any update regarding a new pump being made?
      Now i strongly doubt that the water pump is the problem. I mean, we all have had it replaced three, four or even five times (my case) and the noise keeps coming back. Something else is wrong. We really should write an online petition to VW demanding an answer.

Vehicles
      Stage 2 CC
      04-29-2012 09:02 PM #18
      It is the water pump 100% certain.
      The replacement ones in stock have a faulty bearing.
      I'm calling tomorrow for an update.

19. 04-29-2012 09:04 PM #19
      please let us know what they say

20. Junior Member
      04-29-2012 09:49 PM #20
      Please let me know ASAP please do I can tell my arrive advisor

21. Junior Member
      04-30-2012 09:34 PM #21
      Any update?

22. 04-30-2012 09:35 PM #22
      Any update?
      Nothing on my side

Vehicles
      05-01-2012 01:07 AM #23
      Ditto

24. Junior Member
      05-01-2012 08:31 AM #24
      Ditto
      My car is still at the dealership. They haven't looked at it yet. Hopefully I hear something back today.

25. Junior Member
      05-01-2012 06:07 PM #25
      They are ordering new pump but the service manager told me I could pick up my car as the sound I'm hearing is not from the bearing but from the seal. He said he will call me when the new pump comes and they will install it the same day. He told me that it is the same part number but it could be superseeded to a newer pump before it arrives. I asked him if is the same part number who's to say that the sound won't come back his reply was "it may but I couldn't tell you for sure"

26. 05-01-2012 07:41 PM #26
      They are ordering new pump but the service manager told me I could pick up my car as the sound I'm hearing is not from the bearing but from the seal. He said he will call me when the new pump comes and they will install it the same day. He told me that it is the same part number but it could be superseeded to a newer pump before it arrives. I asked him if is the same part number who's to say that the sound won't come back his reply was "it may but I couldn't tell you for sure"
      Ask your dealer about 06h121026BE and 06h121026BF.

And 06h121026AR
      Last edited by feplazas; 05-01-2012 at 07:59 PM.

27. Junior Member
      05-01-2012 08:59 PM #27
      Ask your dealer about 06h121026BE and 06h121026BF.

And 06h121026AR
      He said it didn't matter what part number I told him about he had to go by what his computer showed him to order. We shall see VWOA has been contacted for a second time.

28. Junior Member
      05-18-2012 08:37 PM #28
      I'm starting to hear the pump once again

29. 05-18-2012 09:46 PM #29
      I'm starting to hear the pump once again
      I had my wp replaced for the fifth time a month ago, and they also replaced a seal (06H103085Q) with a new rev. (06H103085J). Truth is the noise has not come back.

Vehicles
      2011 CSG GTI
      05-21-2012 12:02 AM #30
      I had my wp replaced for the fifth time a month ago, and they also replaced a seal (06H103085Q) with a new rev. (06H103085J). Truth is the noise has not come back.
      2011 GTI / APR Stage 3+ -Carbonio stg1 intake-APR catted dp-Magnaflow catback-APR intercooler-Audi S3 shifter-Podi boost tap/boost gauge-034 Motorsports engine/trans mounts (street density)-DXD stg2 daily-H&R coilovers-APR 27mm rear swaybar/Whiteline adj. end links-vcds coding tweeks-Tinted oem tails-HPA 6 piston bbk/80a subframe mount-Peloquin LSD
      Follow on instagram @glfsprtct1

31. Junior Member
      05-21-2012 11:14 AM #31
      Any update?

Vehicles
      05-21-2012 11:17 AM #32
      Any update?
      Not on my end, mine is still whining occasionally and I guess we'll have to wait until feplazas has a few more miles on his to see if that new seal fixes the issue.

33. 05-21-2012 01:40 PM #33
      Not on my end, mine is still whining occasionally and I guess we'll have to wait until feplazas has a few more miles on his to see if that new seal fixes the issue.
      True. Too soon to call it a success. I'll keep you posted.

34. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      '12 VW CC Sport, '09 Infiniti G37 Sedan
      05-28-2012 04:32 AM #34
      True. Too soon to call it a success. I'll keep you posted.
      Any updates?

I just got a brand new '12 CC 2.0T and am having the same problem.

At this point, don't even know if I should mention it to the dealer since there is no guaranteed fix .

More info here:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ing-water-pump

Vehicles
      2012 CC R-Line Reflex Silver
      05-28-2012 11:56 AM #35

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast