Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vettel. A man coping with the after Championship years...

1. 04-06-2012 03:27 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by robhurlburt View Post
      how come he destroyed webber last year though. same car....
      LOL... He did...that's cause Webbo sucks!

2. 04-06-2012 03:29 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Baby Schu View Post
      still not sure if srs.....
      Que!?

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      04-06-2012 10:04 PM #28
      Yo Kid, you do know there's a multi-quote function, right?
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      Hey, don't forget the anarchist car chicks. We are angry and have whips!

4. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      04-07-2012 09:15 AM #29
      Yo, i don't think i know how to either!
      Form is temporary; Class is permanent

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      04-07-2012 07:12 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Kidstar View Post
      Thank you.... So he's better than 1/2 the grid... Y'all acting like Webbo is a "winner"
      No where did I say I think webber is a winner, but he is better than Massa. Massa has never from what I can recall take an average or below average car and make it work. This yr magnifies that.

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      04-07-2012 07:18 PM #31
      Since I can't edit my response on my tablet I'll continue...

Webber at least can bring home the car in most cases. Again this is relative to Massa. If any of the top 10 drivers were in the same car as Vettel they would be giving him a much harder run for his money. Webber fills his role well for RBR as Massa has typically done at Ferrari except for this yr.

7. 04-09-2012 08:45 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      Yo Kid, you do know there's a multi-quote function, right?
      oops!!

8. 04-09-2012 08:46 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by wiredvw View Post
      No where did I say I think webber is a winner, but he is better than Massa. Massa has never from what I can recall take an average or below average car and make it work. This yr magnifies that.
      Not you bro... Dont fall for that okey doke...

9. 04-09-2012 08:48 AM #34

Webber at least can bring home the car in most cases. Again this is relative to Massa. If any of the top 10 drivers were in the same car as Vettel they would be giving him a much harder run for his money. Webber fills his role well for RBR as Massa has typically done at Ferrari except for this yr.
      Sound argument... And I'd dare say, Massa has shown he can drive to the front of a championship, more so than Webber has done. Webbo has been at the front by default of the car..

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      04-09-2012 10:10 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Kidstar
      Not you bro... Dont fall for that okey doke...
      I was half in the bag drinking some beers on vacation...I'm surprised I typed something relatively coherent. That goes for my other post as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Kidstar View Post
      Sound argument... And I'd dare say, Massa has shown he can drive to the front of a championship, more so than Webber has done. Webbo has been at the front by default of the car..
      You could say the same about Massa's career. He's at the front with a great car, at the rear with a bad car. Massa certainly has shown he can be fast and stay with the big boys, but I still think that Webber can do more with an average car than Massa. Doesn't make Webber a winner, but at least a better driver than Massa.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      04-09-2012 12:06 PM #36
      Webber can do more with an average car than Massa.

Did you really just say that???

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      04-09-2012 01:53 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post

Did you really just say that???
      Yes. Massa more often than not, puts the car in horrible places when things aren't going well for him. How is Massa in the rain??? Again, I'm not saying Webber is a great driver, just better than Massa.

Massa also has had arguably better cars and team resources at his disposal over his career than Webber has.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      04-09-2012 03:26 PM #38
      Hmmm, well let's see. Webber is about as good as Bernie. Vettel would destroy Bernie in an equal RB, too.
      There, perhaps this is what i should have said. You gonna tell me that Webber is better than Bernie now??

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      04-10-2012 09:15 AM #39

A bit of a stretch, don't you think? Are there guys out there that are better than Webber? Sure, but not 10 of them. Would Alonso, Hamilton, and Button do better in a RB than Webber? More than likely. Would Sutil, Rosberg, Petrov, Senna, etc.? Don't think so.
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      Hey, don't forget the anarchist car chicks. We are angry and have whips!

15. 04-10-2012 01:49 PM #40
      I was half in the bag drinking some beers on vacation...I'm surprised I typed something relatively coherent. That goes for my other post as well...
      Shoot, watch my typing and you'd think I'm on vacation everyday...

You could say the same about Massa's career. He's at the front with a great car, at the rear with a bad car. Massa certainly has shown he can be fast and stay with the big boys, but I still think that Webber can do more with an average car than Massa. Doesn't make Webber a winner, but at least a better driver than Massa.
      Agreed to certain degree. Massa sans his stint at Sauber, has always had good, if not great cars, only suffered badly for the past 3 seasons, and coming back from such trauma is a lonely road of indecision...second guessing, lifting early, apply early to overcompensate, nervousness... all plays on your mind and gets elaborated on track... So the fact that Webbo had 8 podiums in 09 to only 2 podiums the 1st 7 yrs of his career, to now where he is, is clearly indicative of his car. Massa has at least in my opinion, showed through his career he can stand in the shadow of a superior driver and even step out if needed... Owned Nick Heidfeld at Sauber and was under MS immediately after...
      Last edited by Kidstar; 04-10-2012 at 02:03 PM.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      04-17-2012 11:03 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Helmut Marko
      ...Webber is less sensitive when it comes to the car's characteristics. Mark simply needs 4 wheels, then he copes with it. However the car reacts, he adjusts. Vettel is not able to do this
      I dunno. Like has been said even during his Championship run last season, his true abilities will be measured during times like right now, where the car is perhaps 3rd or 4th best and not a runaway train. Marko has been his biggest supporter, yet a comment like the one above doesn't sound too positive.

17. 04-18-2012 09:26 AM #42
      I dunno. Like has been said even during his Championship run last season, his true abilities will be measured during times like right now, where the car is perhaps 3rd or 4th best and not a runaway train. Marko has been his biggest supporter, yet a comment like the one above doesn't sound too positive.
      I despise that guy!

18. 04-18-2012 01:28 PM #43
      He was on his way to pulling a similar result in Malaysia before the incident.
      Last edited by Jimmijackson; 04-20-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12