Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: InFocus LP860

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      04-03-2012 08:27 PM #1
      I scored an InFocus LP860. I'm told it has a slight yellow tint to the picture but it functions. I haven't had a chance to plug it in and check it out yet. I don't know anything about projectors. Is this unit worth keeping for eventual home theater use? Is it worth fixing whatever is altering the tint? Should I sell it?

It is a big unit and my "screening room" is small with not a lot of distance between the seats and current 55" TV which is almost too big for the room. Also, it was previously used in a conference room so this also makes me doubt its home theater abilities. I've found a little bit of info on it from googling, but I'd like to hear from you guys who may be able to tell me more than a product sheet PDF. Thanks.

2. 04-04-2012 11:11 AM #2
      Lots of light output, not much contrast, video processing is near non-existent. I'm sure it will make a big picture, just probably not a very good one.

3. 04-23-2012 01:07 PM #3
      What he said.. it's not a home theater projector, so it lacks many picture tuning capabilities. also, it has a 4:3 native resolution of 1400x1050, which means everything you display will need to be scaled. Yellow tint may be an easy thing to fix.. it might have a color temp setting (warm vs cool), or a color/white balance (probably not).