Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Automotive Data Collection QUestions

Vehicles
      99.5 A4 1.8tqm
      04-04-2012 12:53 AM #1
      I've seen a couple ads in my area for automotive data collection personnel, which sparked my interest, because from the descriptions posted, I'd be taking pictures of cars for internet ads for dealerships. I love cars, and have a thing for photography (I know that they don't have to be artsy pictures), but other that that, I don't know how these kinda of jobs really work. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in a position like this and could enlighten me. I tried finding anything on google, but I came up with nothing but the job postings I've been looking at.

Thanks
      Nick

2. 04-04-2012 02:36 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by nthomas33 View Post
      I've seen a couple ads in my area for automotive data collection personnel, which sparked my interest, because from the descriptions posted, I'd be taking pictures of cars for internet ads for dealerships. I love cars, and have a thing for photography (I know that they don't have to be artsy pictures), but other that that, I don't know how these kinda of jobs really work. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in a position like this and could enlighten me. I tried finding anything on google, but I came up with nothing but the job postings I've been looking at.

Thanks
      Nick
      You gen set up with something resembling a supermarket price scanner, input a vin number, dealer stock number, miles, drive cars to the bushes in the corner of the lot to take a few shots, and then transfer the photo data into the device. Repeat.

Very boring looking work, but I guess the kids that came and did this at out lots must have liked the work, because the same folks did it for years.

For advertising information click HERE