Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Things to do in and around Jackson Mississippi?

Vehicles
      04 Toyota Tacoma/98 Subaru Legacy
      04-04-2012 10:37 AM #1
      Work is sending me to Jackson, MS for a week later this month and I am looking for things to do and see in the area. I'll be working each day until 5ish in the evening and I'll have one day with nothing to do.

Any breweries/brewpubs worth checking out for dinner? BBQ joints? Local food?

Vehicles
      93 SLC, 04 Touareg V8, 2000 Jetta TDI - RIP
      04-09-2012 11:44 AM #2
      Not sure about Jackson but if you like Civil War history (or just want to feel creeped out) go visit the Vicksburg Civil War site. 45 miles west of you on I-20.
      Peace!
      93 SLC, 04 Touareg V8
      GBNF: 77 Chevy 1/2 ton, 79 Rabbit, 84 GTI, 88 GTI-16V, 00 Jetta GLS TDI, 00 Deville
      Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength - E. Hoffer
      Hate is like drinking poison and wishing your enemy would die. - Native American

Vehicles
      '02 Allroad
      05-04-2012 01:51 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by kenny301 View Post
      Work is sending me to Jackson, MS for a week later this month and I am looking for things to do and see in the area. I'll be working each day until 5ish in the evening and I'll have one day with nothing to do.

Any breweries/brewpubs worth checking out for dinner? BBQ joints? Local food?
      There's not much to do in Jackson. There is a Japanese restaurant that is decent. I believe it was built to cater to the Japanese visiting and working at the nearby Toyota engine plant. Whenever I was there, I'd work as late as possioble, go grab dinner and a beer, head back to the hotel and go to bed.

Memphis is only ~1.5 hours away. I'd go there for beer and food. If you are flying, maybe you could spend you last night in Memphis?

EDIT - didn't see the date, just realized that your trip is probably over with.

Vehicles
      04 Toyota Tacoma/98 Subaru Legacy
      05-07-2012 08:38 PM #4
      Yeah, the trip was a week and a half or so ago. I was actually in Pearl, MS right outside of Jackson. I ended up being tied up with work stuff till the evening every day so I didn't make it into Jackson. I ate at the chain places near the hotel, grabbed a beer, and watched hockey in my room almost every night