Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough of this scene drama!!!

Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T GLS
      04-04-2012 12:13 PM #1
      I'm sick and tired of watching the Colorado scene slowly whither away. I'm tired of the he said she said bull crap! I want to be able to show up to a giant parking lot full of Volkswagens and audis and share my passion with people who are interested in the same thing I am. I don't want to hear anymore vw union this or metrodubs that. I don't want this scene to be divided anymore, it's holding us back so much from our true potential. We have a bunch of sweet cars, shops, and people. A few years ago I loved where the scene was. We were progressing at an amazing rate. But now that some people had to get their egos involved, (not just talking about one or two people) it's completely collapsing the scene. How about instead of trying to steal people from one group to the other why can't we all come together to create one group? I don't care if you don't like a few people in one group or the other, man up and get over it because your affecting more than just yourself and that one person, your affecting the entire group. This has gotten out of control and enough is enough. If your tired of the drama and you just want to be in it for the cars, please come out to the non club affiliated meet out in boulder. We meet at 7pm on the 29th street mall behind panera bread. At 8pm we caravan out to buffalo wild wings at hwy 36 and mcaslin blvd. thank you

2. Member
      Vehicles
      no more CW w/ 4 doors :(
      04-04-2012 12:37 PM #2
      In before the cool story bro post.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 01:00 PM #3
      LOL, says the guy with MD stickers all over his car.. For hating clubs so much you sure do rep one of them pretty hard. We started working toward a solution a long time ago bro. Have you not seen the joint BBQ's and drives to Vegas? Or maybe how all of Colorado is parking together IN Vegas this year? Or here where one of my chapter presidents offers parking to you and YOUR CLUB http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-Participants-!! I don’t see you asking MD to make their sat night meet non club affiliated?? Why not?? Clubs have meets that’s how it works, doesn’t mean we cant do joint events as well.. If you guys want to make one big group that’s fine too.. VWunion is always welcoming new members.

Cool Story Bro

Chad
      Last edited by VWunion Chad; 04-04-2012 at 01:17 PM.
      Wagen Wednesdays - Wednesday evenings at 7:00PM
      -----------------------------------
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder
      VWunion.net - Colorado's Volkswagen Club

Vehicles
      09 Passat 2.0T, 91 GLI 16V
      04-04-2012 01:19 PM #4
      I'm not part of any group (partly because I'm about to move out of colorado) but I thought this BS was squashed? Oh well I guess you can't please everyone

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 01:42 PM #5
      Lol chad I don't have any club stickers on my car and when you did see my car I had one md sticker on it. This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about, thanks for showing everyone a prime example as to why we all cant just get along. Egos. You always have to put your name on everything and you act like you gave your Saturday meets away. But in reality we turned it into an escape from all of this stupid club drama bull**** that you won't let go of. Drop the ego bro and maybe this scene will have a chance.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 01:45 PM #6
      Also we're parking together as a Colorado group because a few of us that are sick of the drama messages Brandon and asked him if we could all park together because if I remember correctly your the one that asked to park alone. Hardey is one of the main reasons we're parking together. Not you.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 01:46 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by pr_gti View Post
      I'm not part of any group (partly because I'm about to move out of colorado) but I thought this BS was squashed? Oh well I guess you can't please everyone
      We havent had any drama until this A-Hole OP sturred some up Good going bro I hope you feel like a big badass
      Last edited by VWunion Chad; 04-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 01:50 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by VWunion Chad View Post
      We havent had any drama until this A-Hole OP sturred some up Good going bro I hope you feel like a big badass
      Lol sounds like some childish isht to me.....so how bout this weather we've been having, I've always said Colorado weather is super bi-polar
      Last edited by pr_gti; 04-04-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 01:51 PM #9
      We do our own thing and we do things with other clubs/groups as well.. If you dont like the way we do things then get bent bro
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 01:52 PM #10
      Hmmm pretty sure I started this thread as a peaceful one looking for cooperation from everyone. Why do I feel like this is turning into personal attacks from someone who doesn't even know me?

Vehicles
      2004/.:R32/BMP
      04-04-2012 01:59 PM #11
      [IMG]http://cdn.******************/instances/400x/17784977.jpg[/IMG]
      Last edited by macximus; 04-04-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:00 PM #12
      We do our own thing and we do things with other clubs/groups as well.. If you dont like the way we do things then get bent bro
      That's the way a leader should talk!!! Inviting just like hitler!!!! He was a great leader. Your a great roll model to everyone in the scene chad! I wanna be just like you one day!

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:05 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDÜB View Post
      Hmmm pretty sure I started this thread as a peaceful one looking for cooperation from everyone. Why do I feel like this is turning into personal attacks from someone who doesn't even know me?
      You know what? Your right and im sorry for the outburst.. Lets go ahead and set up a ALL EURO non club affiliated meet on sat evenings at like 6PM someone think of a good location on the north side of town around Arvada so its central for everyone. No clubs no drama just dubs
      Last edited by VWunion Chad; 04-04-2012 at 02:09 PM.
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:11 PM #14
      Your really that butt hurt over losing a gtg where like 4 people showed up, non of them being you. We all know there's no scene in boulder. I've lived here pretty much my whole life an there's maybe like 10 cars max that are enthusiasts cars.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:12 PM #15
      Im not butt hurt at all, I just made a constructive suggestion for a Sat night all euro meet.. I think its a great idea. And I also said sorry for my outbursts earlier

Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 02:13 PM #16
      I always hate seeing things like this because it's a huge double standard. one of our new members ran into some metro dubs guys at a speaker show about two weeks ago and had never even heard of metro dubs before that. they treated him terribly, made fun of his car made fun of his stereo system even though he competes as like part of his living and is sponsored by some major sponsors. As soon as e actually turned his system ON they shunned him and moved to another area of the show!!! now he doesn't have a very good opinion of metro dubs just because of those people. at any of our get togethers we have never treated any metro dubs guys badly. we've never shunned anyone we've only tried to welcome them into our meet and into anything that we're trying to organize - in the meantime you guys make it seem like we are the devil and like it's all our fault. I don't understand how come your members cannot be nice to everyone and then turn around and say " all we want is everybody to be unified".

VW Union FoCo chapter president: PM me about the fastest growing positive influence in the northern Colorado VW scene - Real People, not Real Egos!

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 02:16 PM #17
      And a huge LOL to macs and pr git!! Haha!

VW Union FoCo chapter president: PM me about the fastest growing positive influence in the northern Colorado VW scene - Real People, not Real Egos!

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:19 PM #18
      Well said Heather, we had a couple of MD members at our BBQ on Sat.. They were welcomed with open arms. I was pretty sure that the club/club drama was near an end. Mikey figure out a location for the all euro no club/drama meet on sat evenings and let me know.
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:20 PM #19
      Lol okay so maybe that's two of the metrodubs members that didn't like a union members car. For that I apologize but that's not how all of metrodubs is. I feel that both the metrodubs name and the vw union names have been trashed and no longer are respected by many. Thus the reason I feel like we need to have one or no groups but i doubt that will ever happen seeing as how some people care more about they're egos then the scene and everyone in it.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:22 PM #20
      Why does it have to be Saturday evening? Why can't we have one in the metro area at a neutral time and place so were not stepping on anyone's toes?

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:23 PM #21
      Lol okay so maybe that's two of the metrodubs members that didn't like a union members car. For that I apologize but that's not how all of metrodubs is. I feel that both the metrodubs name and the vw union names have been trashed and no longer are respected by many. Thus the reason I feel like we need to have one or no groups but i doubt that will ever happen seeing as how some people care more about they're egos then the scene and everyone in it.
      Lets do it bro im all for it. You talk Baker into getting rid of the MD name and Union will do the same.. You have my word. We can make one large club
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:26 PM #22
      Why does it have to be Saturday evening? Why can't we have one in the metro area at a neutral time and place so were not stepping on anyone's toes?
      Fridays works as well.. But you guys already have a all euro meet set up in boulder on friday evening.. Thats too far for us denver folks to drive
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:26 PM #23
      Who's gonna run it?

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:27 PM #24
      We could easily move the boulder meet into Denver I don't mind the drive

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:28 PM #25
      Who's gonna run it?
      I will even step down.. But you have to get Baker to do the same.. Colorado United Euro Club "CUEC"
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:35 PM #26
      It's %100 up to baker if he's willing to part with MD or not I will get his input but I like this idea an I like the name.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:36 PM #27
      That's the way a leader should talk!!! Inviting just like hitler!!!! He was a great leader. Your a great roll model to everyone in the scene chad! I wanna be just like you one day!

Sorry I had to ...glad to see you guys are playing nice
      Oh btw, my name is Angel and I like to party

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:36 PM #28
      Let me know man.. I do agree that one big club would be awesome.. but almost all of my members would never join a club he is running and im sure MD members feel the same about me. Thats why i would agree to one big club if we both step down
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:37 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by pr_gti View Post

Sorry I had to ...glad to see you guys are playing nice
      Oh btw, my name is Angel and I like to party
      I have a pit bull named Angel - great name
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 02:38 PM #30
      Mikey I totally agree. It's usually the same 2 or 3 guys from MD that treat people like crap, NOT the whole crew. I don't know if I know you personally or have met you personally, but I do get along with most MD members. I even get alon with Baker OUTSIDE of metro dubs, I just strongly disagree with how he acts as the leader of MD. I think a unified group would be fine but not under Baker. There would have to be some huge changes in leadership to keep things unbiased between BOTH crews if we ever hope to unify things.

*edit: I believe this because many md people disagree with chad and many union people disagree with baker - there won't be unification if the leadership doesn't change hands.
      Last edited by rckymtnheather; 04-04-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:41 PM #31
      I have a pit bull named Angel
      Sweet. Love those dogs. So like I said, I'll moving out of CO soon, but I think you guys should def just make one big Colorado group and maybe have a commity run it instead of one individual person? Idk just a thought..

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:43 PM #32
      Let me know man.. I do agree that one big club would be awesome.. but almost all of my members would never join a club he is running and im sure MD members feel the same about me. Thats why i would agree to one big club if we both step down
      Couldn't have said it better myself! I feel like multiple people running it would be a great idea as well!

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:46 PM #33

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:46 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by jackyltardvaark View Post
      No picture FAIL
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:50 PM #35
      Heather I think we kinda met briefly at DATR I drive the b5.5 passat wagon

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast