VWVortex

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough of this scene drama!!!

Vehicles
      2013 Golf R, 2013 Audi Allroad, 2013 Ram 2500 Megacab Diesel
      04-04-2012 06:17 PM #106
      [QUOTE=OTAMYWY;76744228]
      Quote Originally Posted by .:baker View Post
      can someone please explain what i am doing soooo wrong?

Baker,

You can take this in which ever way you want. Its not a personal bash its just how you are and I have excepted this and for the most part keep it to myself.

First off, you get involved in things that do not directly relate to you and you go around speaking to these assumptions that personally in the end make you look like a fool.
      Some of which I am directly involved in and others that did not relate to me, I was able to sit back and watch.

Your reputation is so bad that it is hard to be associated with you. I think that your drive for what you have is great, but you need to let go at some point. And based on your reputation it effects MD the same.

You show up in posts (not relating to you or MD) just to be a pain in the ass. You hang on to the past way to much.(my personal opinion)

I think this to 2 clubs trying to get along is only to benefit the members and it more than likely will not work due to the hatred you 2 share for each other. Chad at least says he will step down, now you Baker will not. At some point you need to realized that you have successfully failed only in the regards that have a tarnished reputation. Your ideas are great, but that is all you have.

In the business world you can have the best product/service and if your reputation is ****, then you have basically just that. Sure you have a few followers and you have your close friends, but for the majority, you will not have them back.

I think the question you should be asking is what can I do to fix what I have done wrong. The wrong is done.

And to prove your direction of MD and where is possible is going, Lance with BEST. Where is he and what happened? His reputation is what happened.

I referenced him in my post.
      Lance was a trip, I always got along with him, but man did he piss people off.hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by SCIROCCO SPEED View Post
      LOL who's head will assplode when i mention that this reminds me of the good ol'days of B.E.S.T. VW Club, Edition719, and DZ.

Hey speaking of which what's Lance up to these days?
      I heard he a towing company or drives a tow truck. Just what I heard awhile back.
      Last edited by OTAMYWY; 04-04-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: t

Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T GLS
      04-04-2012 06:19 PM #107
      I'm going to figure out a place to meet on Fridays somewhere in Arvada at 7-8ish I still have to figure out the details which I will do tonight. I will be sure to post up in vortex and metrodubs and I will have chad or Luke post up on the union forums. I'm excited to see where this goes.

Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport
      04-04-2012 06:23 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDÜB View Post
      I'm going to figure out a place to meet on Fridays somewhere in Arvada at 7-8ish I still have to figure out the details which I will do tonight. I will be sure to post up in vortex and metrodubs and I will have chad or Luke post up on the union forums. I'm excited to see where this goes.

actually mikey.. have you thought about Golden or Lakewood. they are area's that are close to highways and somewhat easy to get to for boulder and denver people.
      Last edited by .:baker; 04-04-2012 at 06:31 PM.
      Dubs Along the Rockies <-- Showing you how its done in Colorado!
      MetroDubs - Having fun in Colorado since 2005
      Find us on FaceBook and Twitter

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 06:29 PM #109
      Yeah Friday might work for us as well. I need to talk to our guys and see who is out of school Fridays and who isnt, times, etc. Maybe we can make it a little later in the evening so that we can make it down too?

VW Union FoCo chapter president: PM me about the fastest growing positive influence in the northern Colorado VW scene - Real People, not Real Egos!

Vehicles
      09 Passat 2.0T, 91 GLI 16V
      04-04-2012 06:34 PM #110
      So random a$$ question...as I sat here and read/posted on this thread I realized something....do any of you clowns have jobs?

6. Global Moderator David@vwvortex's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '04 R32/83 Rabbit GTI/13.5 Jetta GLI
      04-04-2012 06:36 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by SCIROCCO SPEED View Post
      LOL who's head will assplode when i mention that this reminds me of the good ol'days of B.E.S.T. VW Club, Edition719, and DZ.

Hey speaking of which what's Lance up to these days?
      If you're referring to me I'm surprised you didn't hear the explosion out there....

Just so you know our perspective here. I've said this in other threads before, but I've been dealing w/this drama for well over 10 years now(hard to believe) and yet this still persists in the RM forum. Thankfully it's not as bad as it once was give or a take a few folks that flatout won't listen to the message about leaving the insults, petty drama, etc. off our forums. Many of those folks have been shown the door.

Having said that you all need to come to some sort of mutual understanding that this feud once and for all needs to stop. I know it has stopped on vwv b/c I simply won't put up with it and haven't for years.

I'm going to let this thread go on, but if it turns into more posting of private txt messages, private notes, etc. then that in my mind is counterproductive at BEST(pun intended)and just serves no purpose. So I hope you all can work this out.. finally.

Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta 1.8T
      04-04-2012 06:47 PM #112
      Wow. Glad to see that the whole "World vs. Metrodubs" or is it "Metrodubs vs. the World" is still happening in CO. The East Coast scene is thriving kids. Love it out here.

So y'all keep bickering about who's club is better than who's.

That said,

Hi guys. Miss my mountains and my dub friends. Erik, Dieter, Alex, Kevin, Hockman, Baker (even though his "club" sucks serious bollocks [Just kidding Jon ]).

Keep doing the charity things you do, and making sick dubs, and I won't bring a can of whoop-ass back when I come home on leave.

GONZO|GTT|550|FX300|TURBOBACK|FMIC|COILS|DV|ROTORS AND PADS|SWAYS|SHIFTER|RUBBER|JOEYS|
      SCR Performance
      Gonzo Tuning

Vehicles
      Daily-00 GTI VR6 12v, Project-91 GTI VR6 12v
      04-04-2012 06:52 PM #113
      ^^^ Truff can't want to move back out to the east coast and not have to deal with all this bickering don't get me wrong everyone is awesome and i love the cars but the bickering has to stop!

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 06:54 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by Dismal View Post
      Wow. Glad to see that the whole "World vs. Metrodubs" or is it "Metrodubs vs. the World" is still happening in CO. The East Coast scene is thriving kids. Love it out here.

So y'all keep bickering about who's club is better than who's.

That said,

Hi guys. Miss my mountains and my dub friends. Erik, Dieter, Alex, Kevin, Hockman, Baker (even though his "club" sucks serious bollocks [Just kidding Jon ]).

Keep doing the charity things you do, and making sick dubs, and I won't bring a can of whoop-ass back when I come home on leave.

haha! virginia beach? are you part or hrdubs.com? man i miss VaBeach! Tommy and Rumble still on the radio?

**edit.. seems hrdubs is gone.. oh well..

Vehicles
      1992 12V 1992 16V 2012 TDI
      04-04-2012 06:57 PM #115
      What a bunch of fgts!

Jon and Chad.... Just smash pissers already and get this stupid club drama/ vortex BS over with!

Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta 1.8T
      04-04-2012 06:57 PM #116
      haha! virginia beach? are you part or hrdubs.com? man i miss VaBeach! Tommy and Rumble still on the radio?

**edit.. seems hrdubs is gone.. oh well..
      No idea about the radio, since I don't listen to it. Aren't you from here?
      GONZO|GTT|550|FX300|TURBOBACK|FMIC|COILS|DV|ROTORS AND PADS|SWAYS|SHIFTER|RUBBER|JOEYS|
      SCR Performance
      Gonzo Tuning

Vehicles
      2004/.:R32/BMP
      04-04-2012 06:57 PM #117
      Everyone needs to get the boxing gloves on, talk the ****, throw the punches, then hug and make up.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 06:58 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV View Post
      What a bunch of fgts!

Jon and Chad.... Just smash pissers already and get this stupid club drama/ vortex BS over with!
      such the wordssmith.. haha!!! luv ya barry!!

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 06:59 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by Dismal View Post
      No idea about the radio, since I don't listen to it. Aren't you from here?
      I am from NJ and lived there for 5 years. Lynnhaven area. so many things i miss about that area.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 07:00 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by macximus View Post
      Everyone needs to get the boxing gloves on, talk the ****, throw the punches, then hug and make up.
      too much effort. lol. dont care that much [to fight it out].
      Last edited by .:baker; 04-04-2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: [finished my sentence]

04-04-2012 07:05 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by jackyltardvaark View Post
      hahaha its a good thing we dont let babies and whiners hang out, or it would start sucking too
      Lets not forget about poseurs.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 07:10 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford View Post
      Lets not forget about poseurs.
      Or all the people without wieners, also not allowed

18. Member
      Vehicles
      Most of an '87 Cabby
      04-04-2012 07:15 PM #123
      I like cake

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 07:27 PM #124
      I can't believe this thread actually went on for seven pages. Baker you have my contact info if you ever decide to unify the scene let me know. Until then keep doing what you do.

:/thread:
      Wagen Wednesdays - Wednesday evenings at 7:00PM
      -----------------------------------
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder
      VWunion.net - Colorado's Volkswagen Club

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 07:51 PM #125

actually mikey.. have you thought about Golden or Lakewood. they are area's that are close to highways and somewhat easy to get to for boulder and denver people.
      at least its not on saturdays. arvada is the best centrally located area in the denver metro area. people from boulder only want to drive as far as arvada. i'm sorry baker but you don't own arvada just because you have a meet on saturdays there!

Vehicles
      94 MK3, 81 Caddy
      04-04-2012 07:52 PM #126
      Ed719 is totally a bunch of a-holes jk!!

Im gonna miss you guys when I move in June.
      I used to rollerblade.
      http://oldskoolvw.com/ do it.

Vehicles
      Mk7 GTI
      04-04-2012 07:57 PM #127

hey thats me. LOL!

23. 04-04-2012 08:10 PM #128
      chad, may i add that you divided the community when you decided to start another VW club in Denver? You had said that MD was too strict and you wanted to be free and do whatever. Well, you have succeeded in that. you are doing what ever.

I have been in the Colorado scene for over 10 years. wow.. its been that long. MetroDubs didnt start out as a politically correct club. we were rude, crude, speed demons; sure I admit that and was guilty of that. but.. pffttt. we have matured. we have a great supporting base and the events are growing HUGE! we do have people that drive from Thornton, Boulder, Longmont, Lakewood, Aurora and even Monument to join the MetroDubs GTG every Saturday night.

Chad, this is not a pissing match. really, I do not care about you or VWUnion. I and the core members of MetroDubs have enough on our plate. huge things that are the dominate events in Colorado. I mean look at what we have planned..

We still have our weekly Saturday GTG. Same place and time since 2005! Why a need for chapters when we've had the best GTG for so long!!!

Here is some information on the weekly GTGs;
      Vortex = http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5540912
      MetroDubs = http://metrodubs.com/forums/showthread.php?3247
      Facebook = http://www.facebook.com/MetroDubs

Here is what we have been working on;
      Event: April Pulls
      Date: April 7th
      Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm

Description: April Pulls is a Dynamometer event started in 2006. We started this to gauge horse power and torque. There are no rewards; just fun, or a starting number to base what the gains of future modifications will be.

Event: Kickball Klassic Invitational.
      Date: April 22nd
      Time: 10:00am – 5:00pm

Description: Let’s have some fun and safe club rivalry and competition. What better way to get everyone involved than an invitational kickball tournament. All Euro Clubs are going to be invited to field a team of 14 people; 4 females minimum. It will be a round robin style tournament followed by a playoff system that will lead to the first ever Kickball Klassic Champions! The best part of this, well we are going to have fun and the entire family is welcome to join us!

Event: Detail Clinic
      Date: May 12th
      Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm

Description: The show season is about to start; we want MetroDubs member’s cars to look stunning. Why not show enthusiasts how to take care of their car for the show season. However, you do not need a show car to attend! This will be fun for the entire club, whether you own a beater or garage queen. We’ll probably follow this with a nice drive!

Event: Summer Solstice Drive & BBQ
      Date: June 23rd
      Time (Drive): 11:00am – 2:00pm
      Time (BBQ): 2:00pm – close

Description: The Summer Solstice for 2012 is Wednesday, June 20th and we want to celebrate the changing of the season and the longest day of the year with a drive and BBQ. Set in the windy and twisted roads of the foothills of Colorado; the drive will take you and your family on a scenic and exhilarating journey around the best roads the Front Range has to offer. Speeds will be kept to posted limits at the most. After all, the views will be reason enough to keep everyone safe along this trip.

The BBQ is set in the cool and shaded park in the heart of Golden, Colorado; Lions Park. We have rented the pavilion on the West side of the park. It is big and there is a child’s playground right next to it. Not to mention the most popular river to go tubing down! Bring your swim trunks, your family, and most of all your fun spirit!

Event: OktDubberfest 2012
      Date: September 15th & 16th
      Time (Sat): 9:00am – 3:00pm
      Time (Sun): 11:00am – 3:00pm

Description: OktDubberfest started several years in Denver; then known as Oct ‘Dubber Fest. It has since been evolved into an all German Car Shine ‘n Show in Breckenridge, Colorado. Paired up with the town’s own Oktoberfest celebrations; this show has enough weekend events to keep every German car, beer, food, and music fan entertained!

Event: Dub’Cember Toy Drive
      Date: December 1st
      Time: 11:00am – 5:00pm

Description: Well, the best Euro toy drive in Colorado is Dub’Cember. Started in 2005; the goal was to just have a fun time with fellow enthusiasts. It has evolved into one the best toy drives that benefit the Children’s Hospital of Colorado. The event keeps getting bigger and bigger; with the support and help from local car clubs like Edition719 not to mention support from Avalon Motorsports. In 2011, we collected so many toys; the hospital ran out of trolleys. We had to get the big box from inside the donation center, we filled that and two trolleys!!! Let us try to make 2012 the best one to date!
      So I haven't read this entire thread through just yet but Baker you are one of the main reasons this scene is divided and you always put on a happy face and play nice on the surface but behind closed doors many know what goes on and your pompous attitude doesn't help. You are not without fault. I feel like what Mikey is trying to do is a good thing. I will even open up my shop parking lot to a GTG that is club free or something that everyone can agree on. We can probably fit 40-60 cars in the parking lot on the weekends.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 08:22 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by gabe@bwperformance View Post
      So I haven't read this entire thread through just yet but Baker you are one of the main reasons this scene is divided and you always put on a happy face and play nice on the surface but behind closed doors many know what goes on and your pompous attitude doesn't help. You are not without fault. I feel like what Mikey is trying to do is a good thing. I will even open up my shop parking lot to a GTG that is club free or something that everyone can agree on. We can probably fit 40-60 cars in the parking lot on the weekends.
      Love you Gabe!

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

25. 04-04-2012 08:23 PM #130
      [QUOTE=OTAMYWY;76744228]
      can someone please explain what i am doing soooo wrong?

Baker,

You can take this in which ever way you want. Its not a personal bash its just how you are and I have excepted this and for the most part keep it to myself.

First off, you get involved in things that do not directly relate to you and you go around speaking to these assumptions that personally in the end make you look like a fool.
      Some of which I am directly involved in and others that did not relate to me, I was able to sit back and watch.

Your reputation is so bad that it is hard to be associated with you. I think that your drive for what you have is great, but you need to let go at some point. And based on your reputation it effects MD the same.

You show up in posts (not relating to you or MD) just to be a pain in the ass. You hang on to the past way to much.(my personal opinion)

I think this to 2 clubs trying to get along is only to benefit the members and it more than likely will not work due to the hatred you 2 share for each other. Chad at least says he will step down, now you Baker will not. At some point you need to realized that you have successfully failed only in the regards that have a tarnished reputation. Your ideas are great, but that is all you have.

In the business world you can have the best product/service and if your reputation is ****, then you have basically just that. Sure you have a few followers and you have your close friends, but for the majority, you will not have them back.

I think the question you should be asking is what can I do to fix what I have done wrong. The wrong is done.

And to prove your direction of MD and where is possible is going, Lance with BEST. Where is he and what happened? His reputation is what happened.
      Completely agreed.

Vehicles
      '86 e30 s50+t
      04-04-2012 09:04 PM #131
      Car clubs... lol. People should spend more time working on car.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 09:36 PM #132
      This thread is epic... I love it.

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 09:48 PM #133
      Alright guys the new euro meet is being held at bluewater's new shop at 7pm every friday starting this friday. if your tired of the drama and just want to be there for the cars come show up. this is not an MD or a VW union meet. it's just an all euro meet. make sure to leave your personal beef at the door. bluewater's new address is 6425 Washington street, denver Co 80229. hope to see you all there!! i'm gonna post up another thread for this event as well
      Last edited by MikeyDÜB; 04-04-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 09:49 PM #134
      also be careful because cops patrol that road pretty well. so please drive respectfully.

30. 04-04-2012 09:50 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by carbide01 View Post
      Car clubs... lol. People should spend more time working on car.
      Yes. And less time hanging out in parking lots.

And clubs are for baby seals, ask Troy.
      European Performance Products

PVW 5/11 Held It Down

Vehicles
      2004/.:R32/BMP
      04-04-2012 10:00 PM #136
      Fapfapfap

Vehicles
      '13 Golf R
      04-04-2012 10:01 PM #137
      The so called "VWUnion" meets that happen on Saturdays in Fort Collins never used to be club affiliated. I remember a couple years back, people who liked modifying or just simply enjoyed cars got together near Jackson’s to hang out, chat, make friends, and share knowledge. There was no clubs. In honesty a club to me is unnecessary. Then you got drama between clubs and people who thinks their club is better than everyone else’s.

The arguing between the two leaders is getting ridiculous, and I laugh at the ignorance and lack of perspective they have developed. I have seen improvement in both parties but there still needs to be something done overall, not just a change in “management”.

When VWUnion claimed the Saturday GTGs in Fort Collins, initially I was against it. Look back in the previous GTG thread if it’s still around, I didn’t want a club tag attached to something that didn’t need it. I attended these GTGs anyway because I just wanted to meet people and enjoy cars. To this day I do not consider myself part any club. Granted there are some great people I have met and friends that I have made, but this can be achieved without the club stigma attached to it. I help out my friends when I can, whether helping with their car or making designs for them, but I would do that for any friend, club affiliated or not.

Clubs remind me of Honda clubs, Subaru clubs, Mustang clubs which generally are filled with kids who want to race, burnout and do other kiddie things. I believe that Volkswagen and Audi owners should come together because of the unique culture it has. What does a club bring? A title? Worthless. Camaraderie? Easily obtainable without a club.

As for the two clubs getting into one big one, I think it’s a terrible idea. History will repeat and somewhere down the road people are going to have to end up choosing between groups. The best solution is the one provided by the OP; keep everything “club free”.

I’m not a VWUnion member, not a MetroDubs member. I am a VW enthusiast. What are we in high school?

Vehicles
      94 MK3, 81 Caddy
      04-04-2012 10:30 PM #138
      Alright guys the new euro meet is being held at bluewater's new shop at 7pm. if your tired of the drama and just want to be there for the cars come show up. this is not an MD or a VW union meet. it's just an all euro meet. make sure to leave your personal beef at the door. bluewater's new address is 6425 Washington street, denver Co 80229. hope to see you all there!! i'm gonna post up another thread for this event as well
      Date? I wouldn't mind swinging up one day.
      I used to rollerblade.
      http://oldskoolvw.com/ do it.

34. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 VW Touareg V10 TDI
      04-04-2012 10:42 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by mkIVfreak View Post
      The so called "VWUnion" meets that happen on Saturdays in Fort Collins never used to be club affiliated. I remember a couple years back, people who liked modifying or just simply enjoyed cars got together near Jackson’s to hang out, chat, make friends, and share knowledge. There was no clubs. In honesty a club to me is unnecessary. Then you got drama between clubs and people who thinks their club is better than everyone else’s.

The arguing between the two leaders is getting ridiculous, and I laugh at the ignorance and lack of perspective they have developed. I have seen improvement in both parties but there still needs to be something done overall, not just a change in “management”.

When VWUnion claimed the Saturday GTGs in Fort Collins, initially I was against it. Look back in the previous GTG thread if it’s still around, I didn’t want a club tag attached to something that didn’t need it. I attended these GTGs anyway because I just wanted to meet people and enjoy cars. To this day I do not consider myself part any club. Granted there are some great people I have met and friends that I have made, but this can be achieved without the club stigma attached to it. I help out my friends when I can, whether helping with their car or making designs for them, but I would do that for any friend, club affiliated or not.

Clubs remind me of Honda clubs, Subaru clubs, Mustang clubs which generally are filled with kids who want to race, burnout and do other kiddie things. I believe that Volkswagen and Audi owners should come together because of the unique culture it has. What does a club bring? A title? Worthless. Camaraderie? Easily obtainable without a club.

As for the two clubs getting into one big one, I think it’s a terrible idea. History will repeat and somewhere down the road people are going to have to end up choosing between groups. The best solution is the one provided by the OP; keep everything “club free”.

I’m not a VWUnion member, not a MetroDubs member. I am a VW enthusiast. What are we in high school?

Jaco used to run these, with SCR Performance showing up. I used to go to those when they weren't affiliated and, honestly, some of the biggest and best ideas came from those meets. I met half the crew that started EuroBerge with me there.

As for this club drama, well, I've been working hard for 4 years to fix it, trying to get the clubs to come together, work together. Shops have stepped in, like Gabe and Hardy, trying to bring both of you together. They support both clubs equally, and I think it's great. But really, why? Well, because the clubs have been diminished down to a two groups who quibble and bicker and fight and create drama. There is nothing unique about either of you. Both are the same, and in the end, you're trying to mimic the east coast when in fact you should try and create something new. But, if that is what you are both doing and are happy with the results, that is fine, and we will all have to live with it.

Maybe someone can explain this to me. Why is the drama brought to the Vortex? You both have your own forums and groups, and yet, whenever I login to the 'Tex, all i see is MD/VWUnion posts about GTGs, or complaints and issues. Why can the 'Tex not be the ONE place VW/Audi people from Colorado go to get away from it all?

In the end, the scene is what you make it. I personally watch as many forums I can and am not affiliated with any local clubs, and I am happy with that. I would love to see something new come through in Colorado, and would be more than happy to support such a venture, but it truly needs to be new, fresh, and uniting.

Heck, I would go as far as to say shutting both clubs down and all the leaders stepping away and letting something new come through might help. But, to me that is wishful thinking, as I am sure it is with many others. No disrespect meant to those in charge, but maybe it is time to look at this in the sense that this isn't working as a whole, and it's time for a complete overhaul.

Everyone has my e-mail, and I am available to chat/talk/whatever, and I would be more than willing to help mediate something, but it needs to be cohesive. Not like one drive, two clubs cohesive. More like one scene, one all.
      Richard EuroBerge Magazine | FactoryTwoFour | Valance Media
      CURRENT: '06 VW Touareg V10 Twin Turbo TDI
      GONE: '01 A4 1.8T Sport | 18in B7 S4 wheels | H&R Coilovers | Cat-back exhaust | Hawk Ceramic pads | APR inlet/outlet | Apikol snub

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 11:00 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by GTi2OV View Post
      Yes. And less time hanging out in parking lots.

And clubs are for baby seals, ask Troy.

hahahahahahhah I Clubbing Seals!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast