Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough of this scene drama!!!

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 03:00 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDÜB View Post
      Heather I think we kinda met briefly at DATR I drive the b5.5 passat wagon
      Oh ya... Maybe? I was so sucked in to the amazing cars there I don't remember lol. I get overwhelmed by awesomeness frequently at some of these shows

VW Union FoCo chapter president: PM me about the fastest growing positive influence in the northern Colorado VW scene - Real People, not Real Egos!

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 03:15 PM #37
      Shoot me a text about the meets on friday nights and the Uni Club when you find out more info.

720-940-9820

Chad
      Wagen Wednesdays - Wednesday evenings at 7:00PM
      -----------------------------------
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder
      VWunion.net - Colorado's Volkswagen Club

Vehicles
      2011 GTI Stage II, 2014 Tiguan R-line
      04-04-2012 03:25 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by rckymtnheather View Post
      I always hate seeing things like this because it's a huge double standard. one of our new members ran into some metro dubs guys at a speaker show about two weeks ago and had never even heard of metro dubs before that. they treated him terribly, made fun of his car made fun of his stereo system even though he competes as like part of his living and is sponsored by some major sponsors. As soon as e actually turned his system ON they shunned him and moved to another area of the show!!! now he doesn't have a very good opinion of metro dubs just because of those people. at any of our get togethers we have never treated any metro dubs guys badly. we've never shunned anyone we've only tried to welcome them into our meet and into anything that we're trying to organize - in the meantime you guys make it seem like we are the devil and like it's all our fault. I don't understand how come your members cannot be nice to everyone and then turn around and say " all we want is everybody to be unified".
      Heather what speaker show was this? I was at one in Aurora a few weeks ago. Was it that show? I dont recall being rude to anyone other than the asshat that opened his door up into my car. i moved my car becuase i dont like people that dont respect other peoples property. Besides that guy was in a gmc jimmy and was true getto trash. Other than that i was just busy with doing the whole show thing.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 03:28 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by kicker758 View Post
      Heather what speaker show was this? I was at one in Aurora a few weeks ago. Was it that show? I dont recall being rude to anyone other than the asshat that opened his door up into my car. i moved my car becuase i dont like people that dont respect other peoples property. Besides that guy was in a gmc jimmy and was true getto trash. Other than that i was just busy with doing the whole show thing.
      Thats not the only time it has happened.. I watched a guy at a MD meet besically in tears because he had a "farter" on his car.. Another time on the forums a guy quit because people were so hard on him about his smoked tails.. People take pride in their cars and it may not be the way you would do something but to a car person ragging on somesones "farter" or "smoked tails" thats probably worse than calling their mom fat.. I have just noticed it happens alot at those meets
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 03:36 PM #40
      I'm not sure which one it was, but I'll ask rob. He said there WAS some MD guys that were cool with him and perfectly nice - there was mostly one that was a "dick" as he put it.

VW Union FoCo chapter president: PM me about the fastest growing positive influence in the northern Colorado VW scene - Real People, not Real Egos!

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 03:39 PM #41
      Chad you should know that people are going to have there own opinion on things and thats just the way it is. I think this is why there will aways be other clubs. There is always going to be clicks that form up.

Speaking for my self i just dont see one big club working. Even if it starts up it just will not last.

Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport
      04-04-2012 03:42 PM #42
      Chad you should know that people are going to have there own opinion on things and thats just the way it is. I think this is why there will aways be other clubs. There is always going to be clicks that form up.

Speaking for my self i just dont see one big club working. Even if it starts up it just will not last.
      there was one big club.. it is called MetroDubs. Then Chad started VWUnion. now there is a choice of what club fits you best.

[/thread]
      Dubs Along the Rockies <-- Showing you how its done in Colorado!
      MetroDubs - Having fun in Colorado since 2005
      Find us on FaceBook and Twitter

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 03:43 PM #43
      I'm not sure which one it was, but I'll ask rob. He said there WAS some MD guys that were cool with him and perfectly nice - there was mostly one that was a "dick" as he put it.
      Sorry to hear about that. i hope it wasnt me. I dont recall being a dick, unless it was around that time my car got hit by the getto trash guy and his jimmy.

I cant speak as a whole for everyone but i would like to say sorry about that.
      Last edited by kicker758; 04-04-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Vehicles
      2013 Golf R, 2013 Audi Allroad, 2013 Ram 2500 Megacab Diesel
      04-04-2012 03:44 PM #44
      Chad and/or Mike,

I am willing to open up my place on a Saturday night or maybe even a Sunday night. My warehouse is at roughly Sante Fe between Belleview and Oxford. I had a BBQ there once before (some may remember). It is tucked away from the main streets as well. There is enough parking for 15-25 cars.

Let me know if this will work out for a weekly basis or maybe a every other week type of location. I am not into the club crap and have stayed out for the most part. If this is a agreeable meeting spot, I want to stay neutral and out of the drama.

Let me know,
      Russ

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 03:48 PM #45
      False.

I can honestly say that Union members are actually nice. They may express their opinion, but it's simply that. They do NOT pick on someone to the point of tears. We have NO dicks in our crew because as soon as someone acts like that Chad does an excellent job of removing them. He really does stick up for people and doesn't let anyone bully.

Example:
      Two weeks ago a Union member expressed his dislike of my halo headlights. He gave his opinion and that was that - we all laughed at some jokes made and continued eating our Chipotle. No harm done. There is a HUGE difference between having varying opinions and trying to SHOVE your opinion down someone's throat and makin them feel bad for how THEY like their OWN car to be.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 03:53 PM #46
      I'm sorry to hear that you are not willing to squash the drama once and for all by unifying the groups.. Would you be willing to atleast do a group events? You can cross post your events on my site and I will do the same on yours?
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 03:54 PM #47
      False.

I can honestly say that Union members are actually nice. They may express their opinion, but it's simply that. They do NOT pick on someone to the point of tears. We have NO dicks in our crew because as soon as someone acts like that Chad does an excellent job of removing them. He really does stick up for people and doesn't let anyone bully.

Example:
      Two weeks ago a Union member expressed his dislike of my halo headlights. He gave his opinion and that was that - we all laughed at some jokes made and continued eating our Chipotle. No harm done. There is a HUGE difference between having varying opinions and trying to SHOVE your opinion down someone's throat and makin them feel bad for how THEY like their OWN car to be.
      I would like to make a statement here.. if i may.. What happened at the Ed Carroll car show? I remember VWUnion members screaming out MD is gay.. at a family event. We also had a member getting gas with his kids in his car.. was approached by 2 VWUnion members.. "don't be a bitch"

Now.. MetroDubs events and GTG's have been huge and a great success. I am not sure why MD is getting back to basics.. having drama free fun, safe for everyone.

just saying.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 04:00 PM #48
      I hope this proves once and for all who is keeping the scene separated.. The offer stands baker resigns I resign and we create one group with no leader, a great example would be how clubs like dub cartel are ran everyone plays an equal part in club decisions
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T GLS
      04-04-2012 04:03 PM #49
      Wow idk what to say. How about we stop holding onto the past and MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES!?!?!? Russ I'm down, that sounds like an awesome idea. I like the idea of cooperation and non affiliation.

Vehicles
      2004/.:R32/BMP
      04-04-2012 04:04 PM #50

I LIKE TURTLES

Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T GLS
      04-04-2012 04:05 PM #51
      I feel that the best thing for this scene is to get rid of the existing clubs and come together as one with a different name. It's either that it I'm out of the scene completely.

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 04:06 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by .:baker View Post
      I would like to make a statement here.. if i may.. What happened at the Ed Carroll car show? I remember VWUnion members screaming out MD is gay.. at a family event. We also had a member getting gas with his kids in his car.. was approached by 2 VWUnion members.. "don't be a bitch"

Now.. MetroDubs events and GTG's have been huge and a great success. I am not sure why MD is getting back to basics.. having drama free fun, safe for everyone.

just saying.
      So Ina thread DEDICATED to trying to unify the groups, you are posting messages tryin to yet again bash Union and put us in a negative light thus trying to continue the negative feelings towards Union? Good call Jon. That's exactly the point.

AND you jut showed that you troll Union forums. That's hilarious!!!

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 04:08 PM #53
      I feel that the best thing for this scene is to get rid of the existing clubs and come together as one with a different name. It's either that it I'm out of the scene completely.
      I think it could work. We also don't need Bakers blessing to do this - chad is down with it and I know that 99% of union would be excited about it as well as long as baker isn't the leader. Baker will NEVER step down, so it would definitely have to be a group of everyone who TRULY WANTS TO SEE THE SCENE UNITED!!

If you build it, they will come. Lol

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 04:11 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by VWunion Chad View Post
      I'm sorry to hear that you are not willing to squash the drama once and for all by unifying the groups.. Would you be willing to atleast do a group events? You can cross post your events on my site and I will do the same on yours?
      chad, may i add that you divided the community when you decided to start another VW club in Denver? You had said that MD was too strict and you wanted to be free and do whatever. Well, you have succeeded in that. you are doing what ever.

I have been in the Colorado scene for over 10 years. wow.. its been that long. MetroDubs didnt start out as a politically correct club. we were rude, crude, speed demons; sure I admit that and was guilty of that. but.. pffttt. we have matured. we have a great supporting base and the events are growing HUGE! we do have people that drive from Thornton, Boulder, Longmont, Lakewood, Aurora and even Monument to join the MetroDubs GTG every Saturday night.

Chad, this is not a pissing match. really, I do not care about you or VWUnion. I and the core members of MetroDubs have enough on our plate. huge things that are the dominate events in Colorado. I mean look at what we have planned..

We still have our weekly Saturday GTG. Same place and time since 2005! Why a need for chapters when we've had the best GTG for so long!!!

Here is some information on the weekly GTGs;
      Vortex = http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5540912
      MetroDubs = http://metrodubs.com/forums/showthread.php?3247
      Facebook = http://www.facebook.com/MetroDubs

Here is what we have been working on;
      Event: April Pulls
      Date: April 7th
      Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm

Description: April Pulls is a Dynamometer event started in 2006. We started this to gauge horse power and torque. There are no rewards; just fun, or a starting number to base what the gains of future modifications will be.

Event: Kickball Klassic Invitational.
      Date: April 22nd
      Time: 10:00am – 5:00pm

Description: Let’s have some fun and safe club rivalry and competition. What better way to get everyone involved than an invitational kickball tournament. All Euro Clubs are going to be invited to field a team of 14 people; 4 females minimum. It will be a round robin style tournament followed by a playoff system that will lead to the first ever Kickball Klassic Champions! The best part of this, well we are going to have fun and the entire family is welcome to join us!

Event: Detail Clinic
      Date: May 12th
      Time: 8:00am – 5:00pm

Description: The show season is about to start; we want MetroDubs member’s cars to look stunning. Why not show enthusiasts how to take care of their car for the show season. However, you do not need a show car to attend! This will be fun for the entire club, whether you own a beater or garage queen. We’ll probably follow this with a nice drive!

Event: Summer Solstice Drive & BBQ
      Date: June 23rd
      Time (Drive): 11:00am – 2:00pm
      Time (BBQ): 2:00pm – close

Description: The Summer Solstice for 2012 is Wednesday, June 20th and we want to celebrate the changing of the season and the longest day of the year with a drive and BBQ. Set in the windy and twisted roads of the foothills of Colorado; the drive will take you and your family on a scenic and exhilarating journey around the best roads the Front Range has to offer. Speeds will be kept to posted limits at the most. After all, the views will be reason enough to keep everyone safe along this trip.

The BBQ is set in the cool and shaded park in the heart of Golden, Colorado; Lions Park. We have rented the pavilion on the West side of the park. It is big and there is a child’s playground right next to it. Not to mention the most popular river to go tubing down! Bring your swim trunks, your family, and most of all your fun spirit!

Event: OktDubberfest 2012
      Date: September 15th & 16th
      Time (Sat): 9:00am – 3:00pm
      Time (Sun): 11:00am – 3:00pm

Description: OktDubberfest started several years in Denver; then known as Oct ‘Dubber Fest. It has since been evolved into an all German Car Shine ‘n Show in Breckenridge, Colorado. Paired up with the town’s own Oktoberfest celebrations; this show has enough weekend events to keep every German car, beer, food, and music fan entertained!

Event: Dub’Cember Toy Drive
      Date: December 1st
      Time: 11:00am – 5:00pm

Description: Well, the best Euro toy drive in Colorado is Dub’Cember. Started in 2005; the goal was to just have a fun time with fellow enthusiasts. It has evolved into one the best toy drives that benefit the Children’s Hospital of Colorado. The event keeps getting bigger and bigger; with the support and help from local car clubs like Edition719 not to mention support from Avalon Motorsports. In 2011, we collected so many toys; the hospital ran out of trolleys. We had to get the big box from inside the donation center, we filled that and two trolleys!!! Let us try to make 2012 the best one to date!

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 04:12 PM #55
      I agree on this one..
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 04:13 PM #56
      So Ina thread DEDICATED to trying to unify the groups, you are posting messages tryin to yet again bash Union and put us in a negative light thus trying to continue the negative feelings towards Union? Good call Jon. That's exactly the point.

AND you jut showed that you troll Union forums. That's hilarious!!!
      Sorry Heather. I do not have a screen name on VWUnion.. i never got the invite code. haha! this is what members of YOUR club have sent to me. I am not trying to start anything, just point out the hypocrisies of yours and Chad's entire posts. ;-)

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 04:13 PM #57
      I think it could work. We also don't need Bakers blessing to do this - chad is down with it and I know that 99% of union would be excited about it as well as long as baker isn't the leader. Baker will NEVER step down, so it would definitely have to be a group of everyone who TRULY WANTS TO SEE THE SCENE UNITED!!

If you build it, they will come. Lol
      i thought it was called VWUnion?

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 04:14 PM #58
      LOL nice plug Baker...

And yes VWunion was started to get away from YOU. So if you swallow your pride, step down, and unify the clubs everyone will be happy
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 04:15 PM #59
      LOL nice plug Baker...

And yes VWunion was started to get away from YOU. So if you swallow your pride, step down, and unify the clubs there wont be any more problems
      can someone please explain what i am doing soooo wrong?

It seems i cannot defend or stand up for the members of MetroDubs or the club i have put my heart and soul in since 2005. Heather, you said above that MD members were talking $h!t, so i simply pointed out that VWUnion also talks poo.. so way to go Heather. I reaction to your slanderous post was me doing something wrong and dividing the scene.
      Last edited by .:baker; 04-04-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 04:16 PM #60
      We dont have an invite code.. Stopped doing that last year.. we found an easier way to keep spam out
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 04:19 PM #61
      We dont have an invite code.. Stopped doing that last year.. we found an easier way to keep spam out
      oh well thee ya go.. i didnt know.. shows you how much i actually pay attention to you/VWUnion. lol.

Vehicles
      2004/.:R32/BMP
      04-04-2012 04:20 PM #62
      Vortex mod. Can this get closed please.

Vehicles
      09 Passat 2.0T, 91 GLI 16V
      04-04-2012 04:21 PM #63
      Wow I go out to wash the car and the world explodes in here lol....listen, if there re people out there that want to start their own, drama free, colorado club GO FOR IT. Who I to say that baker and chad have to give any blessing (although I see chad is willing to step down). Do what you want and f*** the bullsh*t. the one thing we can all agree on is that we love cars, specifically dubs and audis so how bout a fresh start on this....on a side note, ill be at the union meet tonight even though I am NOT a member, I just want to chill, meet ppl and talk about cars

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 04:21 PM #64
      look, You have VWUnion. that is great. i like the fact that there are 2 choices in a market as big as denver. We will never get along. that is the plain facts. heck.. people like Coca~Cola.. people like Pepsi... who cares. just do your thing; we'll do ours.

Stop trying to force something that will never happen..

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 04:21 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by .:baker View Post
      can someone please explain what i am doing soooo wrong?
      as a former member of MD i can give you my honest opinion.. You are the type of person that will ask for your members input but shoot it down every time. You care too much about being the biggest and best club in colorado. It is supposed to be a group thing and its supposed to be about the cars. The reason VWunion has grown so big in the last two years is because we dont stress things like that.

Your going to give yourself a heart attack duder
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 04:23 PM #66
      And wait - you've held on to chads text messages fro
      WAY back before he even STARTED Union JUST so you could use then against him someday????!!!!!

WOW!!!

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 04:24 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by pr_gti View Post
      Wow I go out to wash the car and the world explodes in here lol....listen, if there re people out there that want to start their own, drama free, colorado club GO FOR IT. Who I to say that baker and chad have to give any blessing (although I see chad is willing to step down). Do what you want and f*** the bullsh*t. the one thing we can all agree on is that we love cars, specifically dubs and audis so how bout a fresh start on this....on a side note, ill be at the union meet tonight even though I am NOT a member, I just want to chill, meet ppl and talk about cars
      this is probably not the best idea.. then there will be three clubs lol. we started VWunion to make it drama free so that would be the same idea as what we had
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 04:25 PM #68
      as a former member of MD i can give you my honest opinion.. You are the type of person that will ask for your members input but shoot it down every time. You care too much about being the biggest and best club in colorado. It is supposed to be a group thing and its supposed to be about the cars. The reason VWunion has grown so big in the last two years is because we dont stress things like that.

Your going to give yourself a heart attack duder
      Please give me an example of an idea that i shot down? I remember you coming to me and saying you are starting VWUnion as a news site with how to's.. i gave you my full support and asked how i can help.. then you switched to a VW club.. k so what.. i felt betrayed by you. I do not trust you. sorry there i said it.

And what is wrong with wanting the BEST things? we want our cars to look the nicest, be the fastest, our hair is done, our makeup is on.. as humans, we strive to be the best we can every day. I know i do.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 04:26 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by macximus View Post
      Vortex mod. Can this get closed please.
      X2 obviously this isnt going to work.. Someone from MD PM me about making a all euro meet on friday nights
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 04:27 PM #70
      X2 obviously this isnt going to work.. Someone from MD PM me about making a all euro meet on friday nights
      thee already is a all euro friday GTG. lol. need to get your fingers in that too? haha!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast