Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough of this scene drama!!!

Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T GLS
      04-04-2012 02:35 PM #26
      It's %100 up to baker if he's willing to part with MD or not I will get his input but I like this idea an I like the name.

Vehicles
      09 Passat 2.0T, 91 GLI 16V
      04-04-2012 02:36 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDÜB View Post
      That's the way a leader should talk!!! Inviting just like hitler!!!! He was a great leader. Your a great roll model to everyone in the scene chad! I wanna be just like you one day!

Sorry I had to ...glad to see you guys are playing nice
      Oh btw, my name is Angel and I like to party

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:36 PM #28
      Let me know man.. I do agree that one big club would be awesome.. but almost all of my members would never join a club he is running and im sure MD members feel the same about me. Thats why i would agree to one big club if we both step down
      Wagen Wednesdays - Wednesday evenings at 7:00PM
      -----------------------------------
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder
      VWunion.net - Colorado's Volkswagen Club

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:37 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by pr_gti View Post

Sorry I had to ...glad to see you guys are playing nice
      Oh btw, my name is Angel and I like to party
      I have a pit bull named Angel - great name
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 02:38 PM #30
      Lol okay so maybe that's two of the metrodubs members that didn't like a union members car. For that I apologize but that's not how all of metrodubs is. I feel that both the metrodubs name and the vw union names have been trashed and no longer are respected by many. Thus the reason I feel like we need to have one or no groups but i doubt that will ever happen seeing as how some people care more about they're egos then the scene and everyone in it.
      Mikey I totally agree. It's usually the same 2 or 3 guys from MD that treat people like crap, NOT the whole crew. I don't know if I know you personally or have met you personally, but I do get along with most MD members. I even get alon with Baker OUTSIDE of metro dubs, I just strongly disagree with how he acts as the leader of MD. I think a unified group would be fine but not under Baker. There would have to be some huge changes in leadership to keep things unbiased between BOTH crews if we ever hope to unify things.

*edit: I believe this because many md people disagree with chad and many union people disagree with baker - there won't be unification if the leadership doesn't change hands.
      Last edited by rckymtnheather; 04-04-2012 at 02:51 PM.

VW Union FoCo chapter president: PM me about the fastest growing positive influence in the northern Colorado VW scene - Real People, not Real Egos!

Vehicles
      09 Passat 2.0T, 91 GLI 16V
      04-04-2012 02:41 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by VWunion Chad View Post
      I have a pit bull named Angel
      Sweet. Love those dogs. So like I said, I'll moving out of CO soon, but I think you guys should def just make one big Colorado group and maybe have a commity run it instead of one individual person? Idk just a thought..

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:43 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by VWunion Chad View Post
      Let me know man.. I do agree that one big club would be awesome.. but almost all of my members would never join a club he is running and im sure MD members feel the same about me. Thats why i would agree to one big club if we both step down
      Couldn't have said it better myself! I feel like multiple people running it would be a great idea as well!

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:46 PM #33

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 02:46 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by jackyltardvaark View Post
      No picture FAIL
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 02:50 PM #35
      Heather I think we kinda met briefly at DATR I drive the b5.5 passat wagon

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 03:00 PM #36
      Heather I think we kinda met briefly at DATR I drive the b5.5 passat wagon
      Oh ya... Maybe? I was so sucked in to the amazing cars there I don't remember lol. I get overwhelmed by awesomeness frequently at some of these shows

VW Union FoCo chapter president: PM me about the fastest growing positive influence in the northern Colorado VW scene - Real People, not Real Egos!

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 03:15 PM #37
      Shoot me a text about the meets on friday nights and the Uni Club when you find out more info.

720-940-9820

Chad
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      2014 Tiguan R-line
      04-04-2012 03:25 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by rckymtnheather View Post
      I always hate seeing things like this because it's a huge double standard. one of our new members ran into some metro dubs guys at a speaker show about two weeks ago and had never even heard of metro dubs before that. they treated him terribly, made fun of his car made fun of his stereo system even though he competes as like part of his living and is sponsored by some major sponsors. As soon as e actually turned his system ON they shunned him and moved to another area of the show!!! now he doesn't have a very good opinion of metro dubs just because of those people. at any of our get togethers we have never treated any metro dubs guys badly. we've never shunned anyone we've only tried to welcome them into our meet and into anything that we're trying to organize - in the meantime you guys make it seem like we are the devil and like it's all our fault. I don't understand how come your members cannot be nice to everyone and then turn around and say " all we want is everybody to be unified".
      Heather what speaker show was this? I was at one in Aurora a few weeks ago. Was it that show? I dont recall being rude to anyone other than the asshat that opened his door up into my car. i moved my car becuase i dont like people that dont respect other peoples property. Besides that guy was in a gmc jimmy and was true getto trash. Other than that i was just busy with doing the whole show thing.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 03:28 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by kicker758 View Post
      Heather what speaker show was this? I was at one in Aurora a few weeks ago. Was it that show? I dont recall being rude to anyone other than the asshat that opened his door up into my car. i moved my car becuase i dont like people that dont respect other peoples property. Besides that guy was in a gmc jimmy and was true getto trash. Other than that i was just busy with doing the whole show thing.
      Thats not the only time it has happened.. I watched a guy at a MD meet besically in tears because he had a "farter" on his car.. Another time on the forums a guy quit because people were so hard on him about his smoked tails.. People take pride in their cars and it may not be the way you would do something but to a car person ragging on somesones "farter" or "smoked tails" thats probably worse than calling their mom fat.. I have just noticed it happens alot at those meets
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 03:36 PM #40
      I'm not sure which one it was, but I'll ask rob. He said there WAS some MD guys that were cool with him and perfectly nice - there was mostly one that was a "dick" as he put it.

Vehicles
      2014 Tiguan R-line
      04-04-2012 03:39 PM #41
      Chad you should know that people are going to have there own opinion on things and thats just the way it is. I think this is why there will aways be other clubs. There is always going to be clicks that form up.

Speaking for my self i just dont see one big club working. Even if it starts up it just will not last.

Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport
      04-04-2012 03:42 PM #42
      Chad you should know that people are going to have there own opinion on things and thats just the way it is. I think this is why there will aways be other clubs. There is always going to be clicks that form up.

Speaking for my self i just dont see one big club working. Even if it starts up it just will not last.
      there was one big club.. it is called MetroDubs. Then Chad started VWUnion. now there is a choice of what club fits you best.

[/thread]
      Dubs Along the Rockies <-- Showing you how its done in Colorado!
      MetroDubs - Having fun in Colorado since 2005
      Find us on FaceBook and Twitter

Vehicles
      2014 Tiguan R-line
      04-04-2012 03:43 PM #43
      I'm not sure which one it was, but I'll ask rob. He said there WAS some MD guys that were cool with him and perfectly nice - there was mostly one that was a "dick" as he put it.
      Sorry to hear about that. i hope it wasnt me. I dont recall being a dick, unless it was around that time my car got hit by the getto trash guy and his jimmy.

I cant speak as a whole for everyone but i would like to say sorry about that.
      Last edited by kicker758; 04-04-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Vehicles
      2013 Golf R, 2013 Audi Allroad, 2013 Ram 2500 Megacab Diesel
      04-04-2012 03:44 PM #44
      Chad and/or Mike,

I am willing to open up my place on a Saturday night or maybe even a Sunday night. My warehouse is at roughly Sante Fe between Belleview and Oxford. I had a BBQ there once before (some may remember). It is tucked away from the main streets as well. There is enough parking for 15-25 cars.

Let me know if this will work out for a weekly basis or maybe a every other week type of location. I am not into the club crap and have stayed out for the most part. If this is a agreeable meeting spot, I want to stay neutral and out of the drama.

Let me know,
      Russ

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-04-2012 03:48 PM #45
      False.

I can honestly say that Union members are actually nice. They may express their opinion, but it's simply that. They do NOT pick on someone to the point of tears. We have NO dicks in our crew because as soon as someone acts like that Chad does an excellent job of removing them. He really does stick up for people and doesn't let anyone bully.

Example:
      Two weeks ago a Union member expressed his dislike of my halo headlights. He gave his opinion and that was that - we all laughed at some jokes made and continued eating our Chipotle. No harm done. There is a HUGE difference between having varying opinions and trying to SHOVE your opinion down someone's throat and makin them feel bad for how THEY like their OWN car to be.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 03:53 PM #46
      I'm sorry to hear that you are not willing to squash the drama once and for all by unifying the groups.. Would you be willing to atleast do a group events? You can cross post your events on my site and I will do the same on yours?
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport
      04-04-2012 03:54 PM #47
      False.

I can honestly say that Union members are actually nice. They may express their opinion, but it's simply that. They do NOT pick on someone to the point of tears. We have NO dicks in our crew because as soon as someone acts like that Chad does an excellent job of removing them. He really does stick up for people and doesn't let anyone bully.

Example:
      Two weeks ago a Union member expressed his dislike of my halo headlights. He gave his opinion and that was that - we all laughed at some jokes made and continued eating our Chipotle. No harm done. There is a HUGE difference between having varying opinions and trying to SHOVE your opinion down someone's throat and makin them feel bad for how THEY like their OWN car to be.
      I would like to make a statement here.. if i may.. What happened at the Ed Carroll car show? I remember VWUnion members screaming out MD is gay.. at a family event. We also had a member getting gas with his kids in his car.. was approached by 2 VWUnion members.. "don't be a bitch"

Now.. MetroDubs events and GTG's have been huge and a great success. I am not sure why MD is getting back to basics.. having drama free fun, safe for everyone.

just saying.
      Dubs Along the Rockies <-- Showing you how its done in Colorado!
      MetroDubs - Having fun in Colorado since 2005
      Find us on FaceBook and Twitter

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-04-2012 04:00 PM #48
      I hope this proves once and for all who is keeping the scene separated.. The offer stands baker resigns I resign and we create one group with no leader, a great example would be how clubs like dub cartel are ran everyone plays an equal part in club decisions
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 04:03 PM #49
      Wow idk what to say. How about we stop holding onto the past and MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES!?!?!? Russ I'm down, that sounds like an awesome idea. I like the idea of cooperation and non affiliation.

Vehicles
      2004/.:R32/BMP
      04-04-2012 04:04 PM #50

I LIKE TURTLES

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast