Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Enough of this scene drama!!!

Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T GLS
      04-04-2012 11:04 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Bandit View Post
      Date? I wouldn't mind swinging up one day.
      sorry lol it's gonna be every friday starting this friday! hope to see you there!!!

Vehicles
      04-04-2012 11:09 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by Richard-EB View Post
      Jaco used to run these, with SCR Performance showing up. I used to go to those when they weren't affiliated and, honestly, some of the biggest and best ideas came from those meets. I met half the crew that started EuroBerge with me there.

As for this club drama, well, I've been working hard for 4 years to fix it, trying to get the clubs to come together, work together. Shops have stepped in, like Gabe and Hardy, trying to bring both of you together. They support both clubs equally, and I think it's great. But really, why? Well, because the clubs have been diminished down to a two groups who quibble and bicker and fight and create drama. There is nothing unique about either of you. Both are the same, and in the end, you're trying to mimic the east coast when in fact you should try and create something new. But, if that is what you are both doing and are happy with the results, that is fine, and we will all have to live with it.

Maybe someone can explain this to me. Why is the drama brought to the Vortex? You both have your own forums and groups, and yet, whenever I login to the 'Tex, all i see is MD/VWUnion posts about GTGs, or complaints and issues. Why can the 'Tex not be the ONE place VW/Audi people from Colorado go to get away from it all?

In the end, the scene is what you make it. I personally watch as many forums I can and am not affiliated with any local clubs, and I am happy with that. I would love to see something new come through in Colorado, and would be more than happy to support such a venture, but it truly needs to be new, fresh, and uniting.

Heck, I would go as far as to say shutting both clubs down and all the leaders stepping away and letting something new come through might help. But, to me that is wishful thinking, as I am sure it is with many others. No disrespect meant to those in charge, but maybe it is time to look at this in the sense that this isn't working as a whole, and it's time for a complete overhaul.

Everyone has my e-mail, and I am available to chat/talk/whatever, and I would be more than willing to help mediate something, but it needs to be cohesive. Not like one drive, two clubs cohesive. More like one scene, one all.
      Richard i posted this on vortex only because i wanted input from everyone in the scene. if i would have posted up on MD then only they would have seen it. same goes for union. I am trying to unify the scene by starting this friday meet. it is not club affiliated and i don't plan on ever making it that way. all it is, is a gathering of people to talk about our VAGs (lol) and have a good time. Those who start drama will be politely be asked to leave. i would love it if you would come through and maybe even consider writing an article for your zine. (wishful thinking). i'm just tired of the scene being split and i'm putting my foot down and doing something about it. My generation is all about complaining and never doing anything for thier cause. ex, occupy wall street.

Vehicles
      2008 R32, 2001 XJ
      04-04-2012 11:21 PM #143

Vehicles
      Daily-00 GTI VR6 12v, Project-91 GTI VR6 12v
      04-04-2012 11:25 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by Vdub303 View Post
      LOLZZZZZ

Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport
      04-04-2012 11:51 PM #145
      So no more boulder gtg?

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
      Dubs Along the Rockies <-- Showing you how its done in Colorado!
      MetroDubs - Having fun in Colorado since 2005
      Find us on FaceBook and Twitter

Vehicles
      '13 Golf R
      04-04-2012 11:59 PM #146
      I know Fort Collins is having a big GTG this Friday maybe near Famous Daves if anyones interested in joining, all are more than welcome. More details to come.

Vehicles
      2001 2dr Golf/1992 GLi
      04-05-2012 12:06 AM #147

So where does this leave the unified colorado parking situation at Wuste 2012?

I know what I am going to be doing while in attendance...

&

See everyone there regardless
      "Tell me that's not oil. It's a VR6, of course it's oil"

Doin' Your Mom

8. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2000 Passat
      04-05-2012 12:13 AM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by rckymtnheather View Post
      I know -but you are too afraid to make someone not
      Like you that you don't Stand up for the rest of your members. You allow the bullies to continue so that they'll stay members and not dislike you. That's the main problem I have with it. As a club member of ANY club I want to hang out with people who are positive and although they might not agree with something on my car they can tell me without harassing or belittling me.
      Heather, speaking as close friend of bakers (and ex-girlfriend) I know that if he heard anyone being cruel or mean, he would have addressed it. I drive a 2001 passat that spews oil and the bumper is falling off (curbs are not my friend.) I can guarantee you that things have changed in the past year ...it's a lot more family friendly, girl friendly and most of all no ones cares what you drive.

I am always looking for chicks to hang out with at these things! The other ladies and I would totally welcome you with open arms! Bring your midgets if you got any...i usually have my 8 year old!

9. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2000 Passat
      04-05-2012 12:46 AM #149
      Mikey, although I think what you're doing is awesome and surely takes some balls ...there will never be club unity! That's what makes them clubs! While I dont agree with the bickering, I believe in having a little loyalty to a club! Clubs are a group of like minded people.....so you're starting another club of people who don't want any club affiliation? I have witnessed how much time, money and energy baker puts into md! He loves this club and asking him to give it up is a slap in the face.

I like you mikey! I hope everyone enjoys friday nights! I hope to still see you saturdays?

Tylene

Vehicles
      94 MK3, 81 Caddy
      04-05-2012 01:11 AM #150
      I used to rollerblade.
      http://oldskoolvw.com/ do it.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      91 Jetta GLi (gone), 01 Jetta (gone), 92 Corrado Vr6 (gone), 02 Mini Cooper S (gone), 01 A4 Avant
      04-05-2012 01:17 AM #151
      IB4TL!!

12. 04-05-2012 01:37 AM #152
      If this is a club.... This is our club logo.... Hehe

Sent from my Race Car

13. Member
      04-05-2012 05:50 AM #153
      page 3 and I have a headache. glad everyone in the Audi community doesnt act like this
      '00 s4 stg3 2.7t
      '01 a4 avant 1.8t
      '99 a4 avant 2.6
      '01 allroad 2.7t
      '76 jaguar xj6l

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 09:10 AM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by Pynk View Post
      Mikey, although I think what you're doing is awesome and surely takes some balls ...there will never be club unity! That's what makes them clubs! While I dont agree with the bickering, I believe in having a little loyalty to a club! Clubs are a group of like minded people.....so you're starting another club of people who don't want any club affiliation? I have witnessed how much time, money and energy baker puts into md! He loves this club and asking him to give it up is a slap in the face.

I like you mikey! I hope everyone enjoys friday nights! I hope to still see you saturdays?

Tylene
      Thanks Tylene, but i have to agree with everyone else that has seen the scene in other places. In Arizona there is no "club" everyone posts up about the two weekly Gtgs on vortex and the numbers are amazing. everyone gets along because there's no one calling the shots. i feel that simple is better. as you well know baker is one of my good friends. but there comes a time when you can no longer put up with those things that annoy you the most, and for me thats a divided scene. i understand that metrodubs is bakers baby. i see how much hard work and effort he puts into it. i love bakers ability to create events, drives, gtgs. I would also agree that from what i've seen at the gtg's since i've been back from arizona, Baker and everyone else has been doing a pretty good job at welcoming everyone into MD. The part about this that sucks is that it's not bakers fault, it's not chads fault, it the entire scenes fault that we are divided. i'm sorry that i feel the only way to smash this drama is to get rid of both clubs. But i'm not forcing anyone to do anything. you all know my opinion on the matter, do as you choose, it's your life, and your gonna live it as you please. As for me, i am uncertain as to whether i am going to continue to show up to MD meets for multiple reasons. if you guys would like to come see me and chit chat like we always have, i'll be at bluewater every friday night at 7PM for a good long while. Hope to see you there.

Mikey dub
      Last edited by MikeyDÜB; 04-05-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-05-2012 09:10 AM #155
      Quote Originally Posted by carbide01 View Post
      Car clubs... lol. People should spend more time working on car.
      You would be amazed how much Car clubs come together to help one another when something needs to be fixed on a car.. Thats kinda the whole idea as well, unity
      Last edited by VWunion Chad; 04-05-2012 at 09:20 AM.
      Wagen Wednesdays - Wednesday evenings at 7:00PM
      -----------------------------------
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder
      VWunion.net - Colorado's Volkswagen Club

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-05-2012 09:15 AM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by Richard-EB View Post
      Maybe someone can explain this to me. Why is the drama brought to the Vortex? You both have your own forums and groups, and yet, whenever I login to the 'Tex, all i see is MD/VWUnion posts about GTGs,
      We post GTG's and things on Vortex because we want everyone to be invited. Im sure this is the same for MD
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-05-2012 09:19 AM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by mkIVfreak View Post
      I know Fort Collins is having a big GTG this Friday maybe near Famous Daves if anyones interested in joining, all are more than welcome. More details to come.
      I will be i will be attending this Friday so unfortunately i won’t be able to make the first all euro GTG this week at BW, Count me in next Friday though
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      1992 12V 1992 16V 2012 TDI
      04-05-2012 10:15 AM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by VWunion Chad View Post
      I will be i will be attending this Friday so unfortunately i won’t be able to make the first all euro GTG this week at BW, Count me in next Friday though

You know there is a multi quote function, right?

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-05-2012 10:17 AM #159
      Quote Originally Posted by BarryV View Post
      You know there is a multi quote function, right?

Yep
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta TDI
      04-05-2012 11:02 AM #160
      We post GTG's and things on Vortex because we want everyone to be invited. Im sure this is the same for MD
      LOL.....right...

Vehicles
      2013 ST2, 2011 Touareg TDI
      04-05-2012 11:42 AM #161
      Sigh, ive never done any events with either clubs. This is my first season doing shows and sadly based on all this I will be going alone. I have no want to be involved in any of this, just want to go look at other dubs...

So if anyone is at a show come say hi if you want, I wont give a F if your MD, Union, Purple, Pink, Lowered, monster truck status.

I ran the second largest collegiate motorsports club in the nation so I have a little experience doing this stuff and this is insane the level of disrespect a few people have that cause everyone else pain.

Vehicles
      2004/.:R32/BMP
      04-05-2012 12:40 PM #162
      I like volkswagens....

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-05-2012 12:53 PM #163
      Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Mkthree View Post
      LOL.....right...
      You can come to ours Alex! Bring your Lego guys and they can play with MY Lego guys and build Lego structures!!

VW Union FoCo chapter president: PM me about the fastest growing positive influence in the northern Colorado VW scene - Real People, not Real Egos!

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-05-2012 12:54 PM #164
      This is truth. I know of at least four people who weren't affiliated with either club and they only knew of the foco meet because they saw it on vortex. If it wasn't posted here they never woul have started coming

VW Union FoCo chapter president: PM me about the fastest growing positive influence in the northern Colorado VW scene - Real People, not Real Egos!

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 01:13 PM #165
      Quote Originally Posted by rckymtnheather View Post
      This is truth. I know of at least four people who weren't affiliated with either club and they only knew of the foco meet because they saw it on vortex. If it wasn't posted here they never woul have started coming
      as true as that is.. the FTC gtg was originally slated as a "all euro no club" event.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...rt-Collins-G2G

then VWUnion decided to put their name on it.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...lins-G2G/page5

and made it their own..
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5415686

I do not think that is fair or in good taste for the people that started that GTG. You can read that Burt was not happy with this.
      Last edited by .:baker; 04-05-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 01:33 PM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by .:baker View Post
      I do not think that is fair or in good taste for the people that started that GTG. You can read that Burt was not happy with this.
      I like no matter how many people state that you are the problem in this thread. You keep trying to cause more drama between the other club guys.

I pray for the day when you fade away just like your bff Lance, and car shows and events go back to being fun

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 01:35 PM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by jackyltardvaark View Post
      I like no matter how many people state that you are the problem in this thread. You keep trying to cause more drama between the other club guys.

I pray for the day when you fade away just like your bff Lance, and car shows and events go back to being fun

LOLZZZ

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 01:42 PM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by jackyltardvaark View Post

what and give all this up? haha!

p.s. i dont know of this lance you are talking about.. talk about bringing up drama and the past.. lol. my favorite line, "thus says the kettle"

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 01:45 PM #169

p.s. i dont know of this lance you are talking about.. talk about bringing up drama and the past.. lol. my favorite line, "thus says the kettle"
      besides... all i am doing here is showing you that even though a few people think MD and Jon Baker are the anti christ.. there are other people that are doing worse to the scene; yet no body says anything about that.. It is my fault and people can hate on me because they see it, and know its true.. but afraid that if they are caught agreeing with JON BAKER that they will have less friends. losing good friends as a trade off.

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-05-2012 01:52 PM #170
      Your right.. the FOCO GTG's have really gone down hill since my foco chapter president took over..

Here is a picture from least weeks GTG

Its not really about who claims the cars or who is in the club or not.. The main fact is that now FOCO has a dedicated someone to organize meets, events, and caravans down to Denver events. People now have a central location (VWunion.net) to find out about those meets and events. Now imagine if MD and VWunion came together to make one big club? Meets would be packed but you would still have the backing of the club to organize events and things.
      Last edited by VWunion Chad; 04-05-2012 at 02:00 PM.
      Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      83 Rabbit GTI, 02 GTI
      04-05-2012 01:55 PM #171
      JOOOOIIINNNNN USSSSSS BAKKERRRR, Colorado United Euro Club

Chad
      VWunion Club Founder

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 01:59 PM #172
      Your right.. the FOCO GTG's have really gone down hill since my foco chapter president took over..

Here is a picture from least weeks GTG

Its not really about who claims the cars or who is in the club or not.. The main fact is that now FOCO has a dedicated someone to organize meets and caravans down to Denver events. Now imagine if MD and VWunion came together to make one big club? Meets would be packed but you would still have the backing of the club to organize events and things.
      chad.. i never said the FTC gtg got smaller, larger or anything. All i said is that it too started as only a euro meet; then VWUnion took it over. and in that thread you even expressed that I was not welcome because it was a VWUnion meet. I am only stating facts. I am glad to see MD is not the only group that has non euros show up to GTG's

p.s. chad, since when has your epiphany started about wanting to do anything with me or MD? I remember when you were a part of MD. we got along. you came to the GTG's... then you started your own thing. good for you. so what? there are two groups.. do you like McDonalds or Burger King more? doesnt matter you have the choice.

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 02:05 PM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by macximus View Post
      I like volkswagens....
      lolzz what a boauss!!! jk

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 02:05 PM #174

HAHAHAHA you dont remember when you were "BEST" friends with Lance, and caused just as much drama as now? He faded away when you two cried and dont talk anymore and you started MetrosexualDubs and cause a crap ton of drama. WEIRD, Like father like son I guess

besides... all i am doing here is showing you that even though a few people think MD and Jon Baker are the anti christ.. there are other people that are doing worse to the scene; yet no body says anything about that.. It is my fault and people can hate on me because they see it, and know its true.. but afraid that if they are caught agreeing with JON BAKER that they will have less friends. losing good friends as a trade off.
      No you are wrong WE ALL think YOU are the problem, and it happens to be that you are attached to MD.

And I have never not said that ALL clubs are GAY. It is no different then highschool. Is MD the chessclub of car scene? and VWunion is the Mathletes? Either way we know that none of you are cool enough or good looking enough to be the Jocks or Cheerleaders

Vehicles
      04-05-2012 02:06 PM #175
      @Mikey.. why not just bring these back
      Large Euro only GTG's no clubs...
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5321579
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5271711
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?924495

From 2002--> what?? http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?298353 (k this one might have been club related.. but ten years ago.. )

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast