Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Enough of this scene drama!!!

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Wolfsburg
      04-07-2012 01:38 AM #281
      We had a lot of fun glad to see such a good turn out and nice to see some old faces!

VW Union FoCo chapter president: PM me about the fastest growing positive influence in the northern Colorado VW scene - Real People, not Real Egos!

2. Member
      Vehicles
      Most of an '87 Cabby
      04-07-2012 09:53 AM #282
      Quote Originally Posted by thf944 View Post
      I've got Oreos..
      Spectacular! I'll be over shortly.. keep an eye out for me, I'll be trolling this..

Last edited by FoxSt; 04-07-2012 at 10:02 AM.

3. 04-07-2012 04:50 PM #283
      wow....just wow... that is all
      SOFAKING€URO.com
      09 TDI Jetta some stuff done to it
      07 Fahrenheit GLI SOLD

4. 04-08-2012 02:18 AM #284
      I don't think I know Chad, I know Baker, and I know Baker and I are roughly the same age. Dude, you have to be kidding me that you are actually still getting into online pissing matches after all this time. As we get older we are supposed to get wiser, and make better choices. I was guilty in the past of being involved in stupid drama, but then I realized....I'm not a kid, there is absolutely no reason to be a 30 something adult that still behaves like a kid on forums. I think we made our peace years ago Baker, so don't take it the wrong way, but do take it at face value, you are too old to be having these ridiculous arguments.

If this is really all about being in a club, why would any club give a crap about what's being said on VWVortex. Don't you each have your own sites? Isn't what matters is what you say and do with your respective clubs? If you are going to have a club, and be in a club, you just have to not give a crap about what the other guys are doing. Otherwise, you should be in that club. If you want to bash the other club(s) then do it on your own forums, that's why you have them.

Those that have been around at for at least the last few years have seen this same crap unfold here. If you are getting into the same damn arguments now that you were having then, it's time to move on. If you are in a club, or not, and are baiting people into these online bitch fest then you aren't doing anything useful for the scene.

Anyway, hope all you jerks are doing well.

Vehicles
      94 MK3, 81 Caddy
      04-08-2012 11:03 PM #285
      Quote Originally Posted by macximus View Post
      Ok, macxs two cents here,

I joined md back in 2008, met all my great friends through it, Rudy, Ryan, andrew, Augy, baker, Jordan, Gabe, Megan, josh, Larry etc.

I will continue to go to md meets, show up at local shows, local gtgs, and the such. I consider myself a bridge between the "clubs" because I am friends with members of both. I adore VW Audi, anything euro so that's what I'll continue to do. I look past the rivalry and meet at the common ground which is this.
      CARS

if you can't look past the bs and just enjoy people and cars then you need to hold it in. Car clubs are about CARS not pissing contests.

I will continue to promote Bluewater and hmw through the grapevine.
      Macx I thought we were friends also.

frapfrapfrap? I heard this weekend was fun. Wish I could of been there
      I used to rollerblade.
      http://oldskoolvw.com/ do it.

Vehicles
      87' Cabriolet-Sold, 87' Scirocco now 16v, 87' Scirocco 16v-Sold, 85' Scirocco 8v, 13' Jetta
      04-09-2012 12:17 AM #286
      Can I put this thread into the DIW thread in TCL? It will fit nicely.
      Insert witty comment here.

Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T GLS
      04-09-2012 01:23 AM #287
      Just ordered my fckyourcrew.com sticker!!!

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R
      04-09-2012 01:40 AM #288
      Quote Originally Posted by MikeyDÜB View Post
      Just ordered my fckyourcrew.com sticker!!!
      traitor! no clubs! damnit. Now I have to change my personal motto.

Vehicles
      87 toyota with taco dash,3rz,duals,Diamonds and more, UCF20
      04-10-2012 06:41 PM #289
      I'm not part of either club and I won't take sides. The Vw scene is and has been falling off for a while. I came back to. Vortex looking for parts for some daily drivers I was building and ran in to the same bs the same games. If I wasn't already so upside down in my car again I would have sold it or crushed it. It's amazing some of the company's even stay going with the attitude they have. Nobody wants to stand behind what they do or say. It's all shady and after stepping out of this **** show in to another type of car I can see how bad it really is. All this crew crap is old. Colorado car crews are a joke it's all drama. Pretty much tell the world who your friends are and isolate the ones not in you crew. Make fun of them and drive them away from the vw community. Everyone seems to be fairly new so not everyone will remember the days of vwotg at acc and the Denver meets. Tons of people hanging out with little drama compared to now. Nobody was an outsider and we all shared a love of one or multiple car manufactures. Truth be told its not even a scene it's some cars with stickers or no stickers or cars in magazines or not. It's been headed this way for a while now like 7 years. I can honestly say its what got me out and what will make me daily my gti and that's it. Might make one show to support some old timers....you guys are doing it to the scene. Killing it from the inside out. The people the shops, the drama and the **** talking. Act like adults put your beef aside and get back to Basics.

I doubt I will even be back to see the response or where this goes. Just had to get it out.

Vehicles
      90 jetta coupe vr, 99 passat wagon
      04-11-2012 01:46 PM #290
      just moved out here from NJ and this thread made me sure i don't want to join any "clubs" out here. i also find it humorous that every post has "bro" in it at least 40 times. i thought i left that **** on the east coast.

Vehicles
      2005 Jetta GLI, 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sport
      04-11-2012 02:25 PM #291
      Quote Originally Posted by MyCarIsRed View Post
      just moved out here from NJ and this thread made me sure i don't want to join any "clubs" out here. i also find it humorous that every post has "bro" in it at least 40 times. i thought i left that **** on the east coast.
      what part of NJ are you from? I was born in Pt Pleasant and raised in the Delaware watergap area.
      Dubs Along the Rockies <-- Showing you how its done in Colorado!
      MetroDubs - Having fun in Colorado since 2005
      Find us on FaceBook and Twitter

Vehicles
      Mk6 Jetta TDI
      04-11-2012 03:16 PM #292
      for ****ing crying out loud take this **** somewhere else. WE DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU TWO ****ING IDIOT CLUBS HAVE TO SAY! I hope this ****ing thread gets shut down and all of you bringing this **** here get banned.

/rant

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 VW Touareg V10 TDI
      04-11-2012 03:30 PM #293
      Everyone needs to stop dragging this on. The horse is dead. You have beat it to a pulp. Let us all move on past this. We all recognize the drama and the need for change, but it will not happen over night or by inviting everyone to each other's gatherings. Just do your own thing, represent your club as it is meant to be represented. Everyone creating drama is just making the scene worse. Take the higher ground, be the bigger person, and realize your actions will always speak louder than words. Represent yourself and your club in a better way, stop the bull****, the name calling, the drama creation. Each club is it's own group, and it's fine like that as long as you two can be civil and supportive. Nobody cares who said what or when or how or what color wheels you have.

Hell, stop and think for once. It is ultimately not about you or your club, but the total scene.

Mods, please lock/black hole this/
      Richard EuroBerge Magazine | FactoryTwoFour | Valance Media
      CURRENT: '06 VW Touareg V10 Twin Turbo TDI
      GONE: '01 A4 1.8T Sport | 18in B7 S4 wheels | H&R Coilovers | Cat-back exhaust | Hawk Ceramic pads | APR inlet/outlet | Apikol snub

Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Passat 1.8T GLS
      04-11-2012 03:35 PM #294
      The Friday night Gtg will continue to happen until Gabe kicks us out (which I don't ever see happening) Idc if it's just me in the parking lot or not but I will be there and advertise for it everyweek. I'm just glad we have a safe heaven away from all of this where we can have fun until all of this seperation is behind us. If your really passionate about and excited for the friday meet then let's keep posting in it to keep it in sight. Let's keep it positive people. Leave the drama for this thread.

15. Global Moderator David@vwvortex's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '04 R32/83 Rabbit GTI/13.5 Jetta GLI
      04-11-2012 03:42 PM #295
      We're done. Chad and Jon. I'll direct this publicly at you two. No more on our forums. You both know this. My expecation is to NOT see this pop again in whatever form either directly or indirect "slaps" at each others "clubs."

It's done and over with. Let me assure you if it does pop up again action will be taken. Ball is in your court on how you all want to proceed.

To the members of the clubs and the peanut gallery. Same message. This bickering is done and over with. Take it off our forums. If you want to take potshots, etc. expect action on our part to remove it and/or ultimately if you want to keep up the bickering be shown the door.

It's just **amazing** after over a decade of dealing w/this issue in the RM forum that it still persists.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789