Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: injectors insert stripped

1. 04-04-2012 04:53 PM #1
      Just tried to removed it with 10mm allen and realized that 3 of them they were stripped!

How, can I removed those insert, do you have any trick?

Do I have to removed the head or not!

Let me know as soon as possible!

Thanks!

Phil

Vehicles
      92 montana green gti 2001 town and country
      04-04-2012 08:22 PM #2
      Well they are plastic so I would hammer in a larger torx socket or something like that. Then install new.

Vehicles
      92' Corrado
      04-06-2012 03:37 PM #3
      Well they are plastic so I would GENTLY TAP in a larger torx socket or something like that. Then install new.
      What he said fixed with using a little heat. Being plastic inserts, heating up the aluminum around the insert would help it slide right out.
      "A sudden provocation does not make me an ill-tempered man. It shows what an ill-tempered man I am."

Vehicles
      90' Corrado m62
      04-06-2012 08:12 PM #4
      Using heat around the fuel rail?

Vehicles
      92 montana green gti 2001 town and country
      04-06-2012 09:09 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by g60301 View Post
      Using heat around the fuel rail?
      Ummmm, if he is trying to remove the inserts wouldnt you think the rail is out?

Vehicles
      92' Corrado
      04-06-2012 10:05 PM #6
      Ummmm, if he is trying to remove the inserts wouldnt you think the rail is out?
      Bingo
      "A sudden provocation does not make me an ill-tempered man. It shows what an ill-tempered man I am."

7. 04-16-2012 10:29 AM #7
      Thanks, I had to removed the fuel rail, and the intake manifold to do this job!

I tried to heat them, but it does not work!

I place a vaccum cleaner tube in the manifold before I tried to make a little slot in the insert to removed it with a hammer and a little srewdriver!

It took me alf a day to removed it, but now this job is done!

Tkanks !

Phil

Vehicles
      1986 Jetta Carat G60, 1982 BMW 320i
      04-17-2012 07:18 AM #8
      Why would you ever have to change this part once the engine is built and in the car?

I mean I've changed them, but on an engine stand when converting a CIS head over to EFI use.
      | Rust | Zip-Ties | JB Weld | Bad Idle | Scrapes Ground | Rubs when Turning | Busted Ass Door handles |

9. 04-21-2012 12:51 PM #9
      I had some trouble with some fuel on my manifold, so I removed the fuel rail and tried to see why I had fuel accumulation on the manifold before having big problems!

I saw that some seal was dammadge on my injectors, at this time I would change those inserts to be sure that this problems will be correct. That's why!

My engine had 215 000km, and I just dont know how it was maintain before I buy it. I know that the head had to be redone and would like to incrase the power of the engine, so when I will have time...

I'm not the first owners of this Corrado and I found a lot of things that was bad on the machanics and the electrical, so when I just want to make it run for this year and I hope I will not have any trouble.

I had this car for the last 7 years and it will be like new when I will have finish with it.

Vehicles
      1986 Jetta Carat G60, 1982 BMW 320i
      04-21-2012 03:27 PM #10
      Well ok, but it's highly unlikely there could be anything wrong with them. The only reason people change them is CIS ones are different then EFI ones.

While next time, Use a 10mm hex on a ratchet, and spray some WD-40 at it. Then loosen it 1/4 turn, spray more WD-40, then tighten it back up a 1/4 turn. Do that back and forth over and over, and eventually you will get the injector cups out without damaging them.
      | Rust | Zip-Ties | JB Weld | Bad Idle | Scrapes Ground | Rubs when Turning | Busted Ass Door handles |