Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 129

    Thread: Chevy Volt sales surge as car remains in the box

    1. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Windsor, VT USA
      Posts
      24,240
      Vehicles
      '10 Prius - '05 4Runner
      04-04-2012 09:05 PM #1
      Good news!

      Chevy Volt sales surge as car remains political piñata | TG Daily

      In early March GM suspended production of the Volt, idling some 1,300 workers. The company said then that it would bring back the workers and restart production late this month after it worked "to build market demand."

      Whether it was just good luck, good weather or something mysterious that GM did, it looks like that demand might finally be showing up.

      The Volt sales figure of 2,289 was 50 percent higher than the car's previous best month, December 2011, when 1,529 cars were sold. After falling to just 603 in January this year - amid talk of Volt battery fires - sales climbed to 1,023 in February before more than doubling in March.

    2. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2009
      Location
      Redwood City, CA
      Posts
      7,125
      Vehicles
      LEAF for the weekdays, E9 for the weekend
      04-04-2012 09:12 PM #2
      $299 lease special. No magic, no politics, no other crap. Great car, cheap lease. Moves them every time.

      We sold more Volts at Chevy last month than any other model.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      PRJCT.:R Chronicles l What I do in my free time.
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

    3. 04-04-2012 09:16 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Brendan@bwalkauto View Post
      $299 lease special. No magic, no politics, no other crap. Great car, cheap lease. Moves them every time.

      We sold more Volts at Chevy last month than any other model.

    4. Member hardcore4life's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2010
      Location
      Mentor ,Ohio
      Posts
      3,110
      Vehicles
      2013 focus ST ST3
      04-04-2012 09:22 PM #4
      proof that republican party is a failure they hate everything American

    5. Member alleghenyman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 20th, 2003
      Location
      Pittsburgh
      Posts
      5,435
      Vehicles
      Worship the volcano or else!
      04-04-2012 09:23 PM #5
      Sorry but the only people who treat this car as a political piñata are overextending themselves on Rams and firearms. I know this because I spent hours at the gun shop today with my infant and bought a Smith & Wesson.
      "You see, I am for the great loves and the great hates."
      -Enzo Ferrari

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2011
      Location
      Puerto Rico
      Posts
      82
      Vehicles
      1990 Cabriolet
      04-04-2012 09:44 PM #6
      I just saw a commercial for a news broadcast (crap, forgot the channel) and it showed a Volt next to a prius. On top of each, it showed a battery slowly being emptied. After the volts battery got empty, it completly stopped, while the prius kept on with out emptying the battery. Pretty amazing how stupidly they are trying to shove the Volt down, and how people actually believe it all.

      Anyways, I saw my first Volt the other day, pretty nice looking car.

    7. 04-04-2012 09:49 PM #7
      ALRIGHT! Finally good new!

      I was getting a little worried considering I was seeing the same three Volts at my local dealer. Other day, I saw three brand new Volts in place of the older ones. Things are looking up

    8. Member jspirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2011
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      2,140
      Vehicles
      2011 CC 6MT
      04-04-2012 09:52 PM #8
      We should all be very glad about this because we all own a little bit of every one!
      Daily | Weekend | Project

    9. 04-04-2012 09:53 PM #9
      Practically give a car away and they'll sell.

    10. Moderator PsyberVW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 10th, 2000
      Location
      California
      Posts
      19,260
      Blog Entries
      5
      04-04-2012 10:00 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      We should all be very glad about this because we all own a little bit of every one!
      Unless your name is on the title- no you don't.

    11. Member hardcore4life's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2010
      Location
      Mentor ,Ohio
      Posts
      3,110
      Vehicles
      2013 focus ST ST3
      04-04-2012 10:04 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      We should all be very glad about this because we all own a little bit of every one!
      guess you own a little bit of Iraq since they used tax payers money to rebuild it

    12. Member jspirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2011
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      2,140
      Vehicles
      2011 CC 6MT
      04-04-2012 10:12 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by PsyberVW View Post
      Unless your name is on the title- no you don't.
      I think you misunderstand. Neither does the government after its sold. That said, at least they get the cash from the sale and property tax. That will help us all out because the deficit REALLY needs it. So, in the end, its a return on everyone's investment.

      Sell baby sell, but please don't mandate that I buy one anymore than I already have!
      Daily | Weekend | Project

    13. Member hardcore4life's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2010
      Location
      Mentor ,Ohio
      Posts
      3,110
      Vehicles
      2013 focus ST ST3
      04-04-2012 10:16 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      I think you misunderstand. Neither does the government after its sold. That said, at least they get the cash from the sale and property tax. That will help us all out because the deficit REALLY needs it. So, in the end, its a return on everyone's investment.

      Sell baby sell, but please don't mandate that I buy one anymore than I already have!
      Who will mandate that you have to buy one?

    14. 04-04-2012 10:42 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      We should all be very glad about this because we all own a little bit of every one!
      Even a little more with the tax credits people get for buying them. How much do you enjoy yours? I can't get anyone to allow me to use my portion.

    15. Member hardcore4life's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2010
      Location
      Mentor ,Ohio
      Posts
      3,110
      Vehicles
      2013 focus ST ST3
      04-04-2012 10:45 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
      Even a little more with the tax credits people get for buying them. How much do you enjoy yours? I can't get anyone to allow me to use my portion.
      People get first time homebuyers credit for buying a house so i guess nobody should buy one, as long Chevy Volt provide jobs inAmerica i have no problem with tax credit, patriotic americans who hate Chevy Volt should realize it is an American product made buy american workers using american produced energy
      Last edited by hardcore4life; 04-04-2012 at 10:48 PM.

    16. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2009
      Location
      Redwood City, CA
      Posts
      7,125
      Vehicles
      LEAF for the weekdays, E9 for the weekend
      04-04-2012 10:53 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
      Even a little more with the tax credits people get for buying them. How much do you enjoy yours? I can't get anyone to allow me to use my portion.
      You also don't get any of the electricity my Dads PV array generates. Pity. When i visit him, I get free electricity that you gave him, and you don't get to use your portion.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      PRJCT.:R Chronicles l What I do in my free time.
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

    17. Member hardcore4life's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2010
      Location
      Mentor ,Ohio
      Posts
      3,110
      Vehicles
      2013 focus ST ST3
      04-04-2012 11:01 PM #17
      Wonder what would of happen if Obama did not rescue car companies and millions of jobs would have been lost , bet all repos would use that as negative agenda " Obama did not save true American icons , we lost millions of jobs under his watch"

    18. Member Boxer2100's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 25th, 2004
      Location
      Helena, MT / Columbus, OH
      Posts
      4,706
      Vehicles
      2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
      04-04-2012 11:24 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by hardcore4life View Post
      Wonder what would of happen if Obama did not rescue car companies and millions of jobs would have been lost , bet all repos would use that as negative agenda " Obama did not save true American icons , we lost millions of jobs under his watch"
      Bush initiated the auto bailout, and Obama followed through. That fact gets conveniently forgotten
      by both sides.

    19. 04-04-2012 11:30 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by hardcore4life View Post
      People get first time homebuyers credit for buying a house so i guess nobody should buy one, as long Chevy Volt provide jobs inAmerica i have no problem with tax credit, patriotic americans who hate Chevy Volt should realize it is an American product made buy american workers using american produced energy
      I love the Volt. I hate the governments involvement.

    20. 04-04-2012 11:33 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
      I love the Volt. I hate the governments involvement.
      What involvement do they have specifically.

      Other than the bailouts.

    21. Member classicjetta's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2005
      Location
      Columbus, Ohio
      Posts
      9,695
      Vehicles
      2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2004 Ford Escape
      04-04-2012 11:37 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
      I love the Volt. I hate the governments involvement.
      You make Bob Lutz sad

    22. 04-04-2012 11:52 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Boxer2100 View Post
      Bush initiated the auto bailout, and Obama followed through. That fact gets conveniently forgotten
      by both sides.
      fnf started with bush too. They are all part of the same iron fist.

      News: Volt sales up. Good news: Jesus lives.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Did you know that it's not pronounced Em Kay ? ALL OF THE CAR LOUNGE WILL BE HAPPY TO LET YOU KNOW THAT. SERIOUSLY. IT STANDS FOR MARK. DID YOU KNOW THAT? BEFORE THAT A1,A2, A3, ETC WAS USED. LIVE UP TO TCL STANDARDS BEFORE YOU GET ON MY ASS. THAT'S DISGUSTING.
      Example of TCL's standards

    23. Member dcmix5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2006
      Location
      Grand Rapids, MI
      Posts
      3,302
      Vehicles
      2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 6MT
      04-04-2012 11:59 PM #23
      Holy **** GUYS I JUST READ THIS ON CNN!!!!!!


      Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama recently purchased well over 2000 Chevrolet Volt vehicles for his Secret Service protection unit. Gasoline costs are a major concern, and bulletproof SUV-type vehicles might look (very good) as we (drive slowly down the road so people can see us), but they are simply not sending a strong message that Mr. President is moving towards a "Green Future". He declared that the Chevrolet Volt vehicles were to be driven under electric power only, and that each Secret Service member would receive roughly 100 Chevrolet Volt vehicles each, parked in various distances from one another depending on the driver's individual driving style, body weight, cardiovascular health in case the weather varies and they have to run due to less range*, and parking availability. When we told the President that he maybe should consider the Nissan Leaf, he said, off the record (we kept recording), "The only Leaf I want around my Secret Services is the kind they all got prescription cards for".
      Well, at least now we know who bought them all.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      I'm filming this thread. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I've had some bad experiences with threads in the past.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I like when dumb people quote mechanical grip as a metric of whether or not a car is fun to drive. It's like saying McDonald's is the best restaurant because you get a lot of calories for your money.

    24. Member Jader Pack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2003
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      11,308
      Vehicles
      2002 Boxster S, 2004 A4 Avant 1.8T
      04-05-2012 12:01 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      We should all be very glad about this because we all own a little bit of every one!
      Since you drive a CC, I suppose you're either not aware of or (for some reason) not opposed to Germany's use of tax dollars to support VAG?

      In other words, why is it only bad when it happens to GM?

    25. Member adrew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2003
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      12,245
      Vehicles
      '12 Yaris, '14 Mirage, 2.7 liters total
      04-05-2012 12:04 AM #25
      Fox News
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

    26. 04-05-2012 12:07 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Jader Pack View Post
      Since you drive a CC, I suppose you're either not aware of or (for some reason) not opposed to Germany's use of tax dollars to support VAG?

      In other words, why is it only bad when it happens to GM?

    27. Member nm+'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2006
      Location
      Land of Bro-Dozer Ya Yas
      Posts
      19,123
      Vehicles
      2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT w/overnight diffs from Japan; 2013 Mazda 2 5MT
      04-05-2012 12:27 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by dcmix5 View Post
      Holy **** GUYS I JUST READ THIS ON CNN!!!!!!



      Well, at least now we know who bought them all.
      You fail at funny.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducky TSX
      The Car Lounge likes to compare apples to llamas

    28. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2000
      Location
      Motown
      Posts
      18,869
      Vehicles
      1957 Testa Rossa
      04-05-2012 12:37 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Brendan@bwalkauto View Post
      $299 lease special. No magic, no politics, no other crap. Great car, cheap lease. Moves them every time.

      We sold more Volts at Chevy last month than any other model.
      Good lord I wish we had that lease in MI.

      You seriously sold more Volts than say... Cruzes?

    29. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2009
      Location
      Redwood City, CA
      Posts
      7,125
      Vehicles
      LEAF for the weekdays, E9 for the weekend
      04-05-2012 01:10 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by uncleho View Post
      Good lord I wish we had that lease in MI.

      You seriously sold more Volts than say... Cruzes?
      Chevy sold 105 units if my CRM is correct, and 1/3 were Volts.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      PRJCT.:R Chronicles l What I do in my free time.
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

    30. Member dcmix5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2006
      Location
      Grand Rapids, MI
      Posts
      3,302
      Vehicles
      2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 6MT
      04-05-2012 01:23 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post
      You fail at funny.
      You fail at life.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      I'm filming this thread. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I've had some bad experiences with threads in the past.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I like when dumb people quote mechanical grip as a metric of whether or not a car is fun to drive. It's like saying McDonald's is the best restaurant because you get a lot of calories for your money.

    31. Member nm+'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2006
      Location
      Land of Bro-Dozer Ya Yas
      Posts
      19,123
      Vehicles
      2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT w/overnight diffs from Japan; 2013 Mazda 2 5MT
      04-05-2012 01:52 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by dcmix5 View Post
      You fail at life.
      Your joke fell flat. Don't get all whiny about it.
      My jokes fail all the time. I deal.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducky TSX
      The Car Lounge likes to compare apples to llamas

    32. 04-05-2012 01:53 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by emkaytree View Post
      fnf started with bush too. They are all part of the same iron fist.

      News: Volt sales up. Good news: Jesus lives.

      misinformation by oversimplification is what it is if its what you're implying.

      that said, $299 for Volt is a no-brainer when gas is $4.40/gal

    33. Member TM87's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 30th, 2008
      Location
      Windsor CT
      Posts
      11,164
      Vehicles
      VW
      04-05-2012 02:58 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
      I love the Volt. I hate the governments involvement.
      What involment???
      You dont use banks or credit cards because government bailed those too?
      You dont buy a house because government saved the mortgage companies?
      You dont EVER use public schools,roads,police/emt/fire dp because government finances those??

      GTFO w that crazy Tea party talk.

      You want better education but dont want to pay taxes.
      You want american economy to flourish but dont want government investing in it.
      You want government to create jobs but dont want them to get involved in economy.

      WTF are you people talking about? Its only a car, produces by Gm, who just happend to be bailed out by government. Lets all burn GM down because current president is Democrat

      Republicans dont want government involment BUT want to control marriages and control on abortions etc etc. Isnt that involment into personal lives??

      Too much Sontorum and Gingrich in your diet
      "Your pants too tight,your wheels too bright"

    34. 04-05-2012 04:52 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Nourdmrolnmt View Post
      What involvement do they have specifically.

      Other than the bailouts.
      Surely you have beat this to death a hundred times by now.

    35. 04-05-2012 04:55 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      What involment???
      You dont use banks or credit cards because government bailed those too?
      You dont buy a house because government saved the mortgage companies?
      You dont EVER use public schools,roads,police/emt/fire dp because government finances those??

      GTFO w that crazy Tea party talk.

      You want better education but dont want to pay taxes.
      You want american economy to flourish but dont want government investing in it.
      You want government to create jobs but dont want them to get involved in economy.

      WTF are you people talking about? Its only a car, produces by Gm, who just happend to be bailed out by government. Lets all burn GM down because current president is Democrat

      Republicans dont want government involment BUT want to control marriages and control on abortions etc etc. Isnt that involment into personal lives??

      Too much Sontorum and Gingrich in your diet
      I haven't posted here but a few months but I know I've stated this at least 5-6 times now. I do not blame people for taking advantage of the programs. I blame the programs.

      P.S. the government can not create sustainable jobs.

    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •