Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 129

    Thread: Chevy Volt sales surge as car remains in the box

    1. 04-05-2012 12:07 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Jader Pack View Post
      Since you drive a CC, I suppose you're either not aware of or (for some reason) not opposed to Germany's use of tax dollars to support VAG?

      In other words, why is it only bad when it happens to GM?

    2. Member nm+'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2006
      Location
      Land of Bro-Dozer Ya Yas
      Posts
      19,719
      Vehicles
      2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT w/overnight diffs from Japan; 2013 Mazda 2 5MT
      04-05-2012 12:27 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by dcmix5 View Post
      Holy **** GUYS I JUST READ THIS ON CNN!!!!!!



      Well, at least now we know who bought them all.
      You fail at funny.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducky TSX
      The Car Lounge likes to compare apples to llamas

    3. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 10th, 2000
      Location
      Motown
      Posts
      20,097
      Vehicles
      1957 Testa Rossa
      04-05-2012 12:37 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Brendan@bwalkauto View Post
      $299 lease special. No magic, no politics, no other crap. Great car, cheap lease. Moves them every time.

      We sold more Volts at Chevy last month than any other model.
      Good lord I wish we had that lease in MI.

      You seriously sold more Volts than say... Cruzes?

    4. Forum Sponsor Brendan@bwalkauto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2009
      Location
      Redwood City, CA
      Posts
      9,435
      Vehicles
      MkVII GTI, E9
      04-05-2012 01:10 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by uncleho View Post
      Good lord I wish we had that lease in MI.

      You seriously sold more Volts than say... Cruzes?
      Chevy sold 105 units if my CRM is correct, and 1/3 were Volts.
      Brendan Dolan
      Boardwalk Auto Mall
      Volkswagen l Nissan l Chevrolet l Lotus
      My 2800CS #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by SivNiz View Post
      Have you ever been to the Terror Grill? Would you like to go?

    5. Member dcmix5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2006
      Location
      Grand Rapids, MI
      Posts
      4,111
      Vehicles
      2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 6MT
      04-05-2012 01:23 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post
      You fail at funny.
      You fail at life.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      I'm filming this thread. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I've had some bad experiences with threads in the past.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I like when dumb people quote mechanical grip as a metric of whether or not a car is fun to drive. It's like saying McDonald's is the best restaurant because you get a lot of calories for your money.

    6. Member nm+'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2006
      Location
      Land of Bro-Dozer Ya Yas
      Posts
      19,719
      Vehicles
      2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT w/overnight diffs from Japan; 2013 Mazda 2 5MT
      04-05-2012 01:52 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by dcmix5 View Post
      You fail at life.
      Your joke fell flat. Don't get all whiny about it.
      My jokes fail all the time. I deal.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducky TSX
      The Car Lounge likes to compare apples to llamas

    7. 04-05-2012 01:53 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by emkaytree View Post
      fnf started with bush too. They are all part of the same iron fist.

      News: Volt sales up. Good news: Jesus lives.

      misinformation by oversimplification is what it is if its what you're implying.

      that said, $299 for Volt is a no-brainer when gas is $4.40/gal

    8. Member TM87's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 30th, 2008
      Location
      Windsor CT
      Posts
      11,808
      Vehicles
      VW
      04-05-2012 02:58 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
      I love the Volt. I hate the governments involvement.
      What involment???
      You dont use banks or credit cards because government bailed those too?
      You dont buy a house because government saved the mortgage companies?
      You dont EVER use public schools,roads,police/emt/fire dp because government finances those??

      GTFO w that crazy Tea party talk.

      You want better education but dont want to pay taxes.
      You want american economy to flourish but dont want government investing in it.
      You want government to create jobs but dont want them to get involved in economy.

      WTF are you people talking about? Its only a car, produces by Gm, who just happend to be bailed out by government. Lets all burn GM down because current president is Democrat

      Republicans dont want government involment BUT want to control marriages and control on abortions etc etc. Isnt that involment into personal lives??

      Too much Sontorum and Gingrich in your diet
      "Your pants too tight,your wheels too bright"

    9. 04-05-2012 04:52 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Nourdmrolnmt View Post
      What involvement do they have specifically.

      Other than the bailouts.
      Surely you have beat this to death a hundred times by now.

    10. 04-05-2012 04:55 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      What involment???
      You dont use banks or credit cards because government bailed those too?
      You dont buy a house because government saved the mortgage companies?
      You dont EVER use public schools,roads,police/emt/fire dp because government finances those??

      GTFO w that crazy Tea party talk.

      You want better education but dont want to pay taxes.
      You want american economy to flourish but dont want government investing in it.
      You want government to create jobs but dont want them to get involved in economy.

      WTF are you people talking about? Its only a car, produces by Gm, who just happend to be bailed out by government. Lets all burn GM down because current president is Democrat

      Republicans dont want government involment BUT want to control marriages and control on abortions etc etc. Isnt that involment into personal lives??

      Too much Sontorum and Gingrich in your diet
      I haven't posted here but a few months but I know I've stated this at least 5-6 times now. I do not blame people for taking advantage of the programs. I blame the programs.

      P.S. the government can not create sustainable jobs.

    11. Member fknlo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 30th, 2004
      Location
      KC
      Posts
      1,973
      Vehicles
      2013 Golf TDI
      04-05-2012 06:52 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

      P.S. the government can not create sustainable jobs.
      Oh ****, what's going to happen to my job?

      Airplanes and any regulations regarding them aren't covered in the constitution, better fire me and leave it up to the states.

    12. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Windsor, VT USA
      Posts
      25,224
      Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      04-05-2012 07:12 AM #37
      I'll also point out that one of the arguments FOR Volt and EV tech is that at a certain gas price, it becomes extremely viable.

      Sure the incentives and cheap leases help, but when gas is shooting up, they sell. When gas prices leveled for a bit and folks got used to the higher price, sales slowed. When gas shot back up and broke the latest mental barrier ($4) sales ballooned again.

      This is EXACTLY what economists, politicians, and investors are talking about when they say "High gas prices change behaviors."

      I'm glad out Gov't has invested in GM. I'm glad they've loaned GM the money to develop cutting edge technologies that are making GM, and by extension, the US, a world leader in EV transportation and the systems surrounding it. The Volt is cool, and I can't wait to see what GM gives us for Volt 2.0.

    13. Member rbloedow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2003
      Location
      Warner Robins, GA
      Posts
      5,458
      Vehicles
      2006 Acura TSX 6MT Tech, 2015 Audi A6 2.0 Premium Plus
      04-05-2012 07:20 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
      I haven't posted here but a few months but I know I've stated this at least 5-6 times now. I do not blame people for taking advantage of the programs. I blame the programs.

      P.S. the government can not create sustainable jobs.
      I create sustainable jobs everyday - you should see the research and development facilities we fund on base. I'm certain the contractors and scientists we hire would consider their jobs "sustainable"......I certainly consider mine to be lol. Sure, our products don't generate dollars.....but they sure generate security.

      I hate when people spout off these cookie cutter BS lines - I realize it's vogue to come off as a libertarian "independent" thinker these day, but everything the government is involved with does not automatically turn to sh*t (contrary to what you want to believe).

    14. Member jspirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2011
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      2,227
      Vehicles
      2011 CC 6MT
      04-05-2012 08:24 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
      I love the Volt. I hate the governments involvement.
      I will not buy the current generation of hybrid vehicle from any manufacturer. Although I don't agree with the governments involvement, this has nothing to do with my buying decision. Its the technology that doesn't make sense to me and my needs. With respect to the government's involvement, I don't believe its in the best interest of the country as a whole. There are many people and jobs that the bail-out saved, but that does not mean its the right thing for the country (micro vs macro). Time will tell, but I fear that we've started something that we can not stop. Well, we could, but no politician will. Where does it go if it doesn't stop?

      For the record, my daily driver is a 1995 Chevy S-10 with 100,000+ miles. That truck will be mine for as long as it makes financial sense to keep it running... so please use some other tact instead of the overused "so and so hates anything made in America blah, blah, blah..."


      pknopp, my comments are not aimed at you. I just decide to respond to your post
      Daily | Weekend | Project

    15. Member Jader Pack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2003
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      11,319
      Vehicles
      2002 Boxster S, 2004 A4 Avant 1.8T
      04-05-2012 08:29 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      I will not buy the current generation of hybrid vehicle from any manufacturer. Although I don't agree with the governments involvement, this has nothing to do with my buying decision. Its the technology that doesn't make sense to me and my needs. With respect to the government's involvement, I don't believe its in the best interest of the country as a whole. There are many people and jobs that the bail-out saved, but that does not mean its the right thing for the country (micro vs macro). Time will tell, but I fear that we've started something that we can not stop. Well, we could, but no politician will. Where does it go if it doesn't stop?

      For the record, my daily driver is a 1995 Chevy S-10 with 100,000+ miles. That truck will be mine for as long as it makes financial sense to keep it running... so please use some other tact instead of the overused "so and so hates anything made in America blah, blah, blah..."
      OK, so you're opposed to government support of automakers and won't buy a certain segment of cars in protest of this. Yet, you drive a car made by a company that is inextricably linked with and receives massive amounts of money from the government of its home country.

      Help me understand: why boycott hybrids for using government money, then buy a VW in spite of the fact that VW uses government money?

    16. Member jspirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2011
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      2,227
      Vehicles
      2011 CC 6MT
      04-05-2012 09:29 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by Jader Pack View Post
      Help me understand: why boycott hybrids for using government money, then buy a VW in spite of the fact that VW uses government money?
      Maybe you should re-read my post. I am not boycotting anything. As I expected, you are trying really hard to place me in a box of your liking based on a paragraph I wrote.

      I love my S-10 and I see no need to own a hybrid. Deal with it. Correction, deal with it better than calling me a boycotter?

      BTW, I could care less if you want a hybrid. Have at it. In fact, buy 2. One for you and someone you love
      Daily | Weekend | Project

    17. Member Jader Pack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2003
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      11,319
      Vehicles
      2002 Boxster S, 2004 A4 Avant 1.8T
      04-05-2012 10:38 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      Maybe you should re-read my post. I am not boycotting anything. As I expected, you are trying really hard to place me in a box of your liking based on a paragraph I wrote.

      I love my S-10 and I see no need to own a hybrid. Deal with it. Correction, deal with it better than calling me a boycotter?
      Boy, I didn't know "boycotter" was an offensive term. Please accept my sincerest apologies for having shoe-horned you into that reprehensible category.

      I'm trying to make sense of your comments in this thread. Your comments on page one, and your comment on page 2 that I quoted, seem to indicate that you have some sort of issue with GM having accepted money from the US government. I'm just wondering why that bothers you so much but VAG being in bed with the German government doesn't?

      Is it a case of ignorance is bliss, is it a case of double standards, or am I wrong in reading that you don't agree with the GM bailout?

    18. Member jspirate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 15th, 2011
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      2,227
      Vehicles
      2011 CC 6MT
      04-05-2012 11:13 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Jader Pack View Post
      Boy, I didn't know "boycotter" was an offensive term. Please accept my sincerest apologies for having shoe-horned you into that reprehensible category.

      I'm trying to make sense of your comments in this thread. Your comments on page one, and your comment on page 2 that I quoted, seem to indicate that you have some sort of issue with GM having accepted money from the US government. I'm just wondering why that bothers you so much but VAG being in bed with the German government doesn't?

      Is it a case of ignorance is bliss, is it a case of double standards, or am I wrong in reading that you don't agree with the GM bailout?
      Haha, its just money nothing else

      The reason you don't understand is because I am not defined by the box that you want to fit me into. Keep researching and twisting until you get me in there. Then, YOU will have me in your defined box; only, I will be the same person that I was when the conversation started.

      I apologize for what must have sounded like a challenge. It so easy to start such defensive forum conversations. I really should know better than to share my car opinions on a car forum
      Daily | Weekend | Project

    19. 04-05-2012 11:15 AM #44
      The Volt's only seems to be a pinata with the Faux News crowd. I for one don't quite understand the concept of rooting for America to fail - I have my theories though

    20. Member cockerpunk's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2010
      Location
      Twin Cities MN
      Posts
      4,705
      Vehicles
      Mr2, 951, NA6
      04-05-2012 11:20 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
      P.S. the government can not create sustainable jobs.
      bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

      Quote Originally Posted by kwik!gti
      Cockerpunk: 1
      TCL Hive mind troll brigade: 0

    21. 04-05-2012 11:23 AM #46
      Citizen jobs, is more than likely what he meant.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Did you know that it's not pronounced Em Kay ? ALL OF THE CAR LOUNGE WILL BE HAPPY TO LET YOU KNOW THAT. SERIOUSLY. IT STANDS FOR MARK. DID YOU KNOW THAT? BEFORE THAT A1,A2, A3, ETC WAS USED. LIVE UP TO TCL STANDARDS BEFORE YOU GET ON MY ASS. THAT'S DISGUSTING.
      Example of TCL's standards

    22. Geriatric Member ValveCoverGasket's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 20th, 2002
      Location
      the barrio
      Posts
      37,431
      Vehicles
      '15 e250 bluetec, '67 rolls royce, '67 mgb gt
      04-05-2012 11:33 AM #47
      oh, these threads are my favorite!




      Quote Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
      Even a little more with the tax credits people get for buying them. How much do you enjoy yours? I can't get anyone to allow me to use my portion.
      how are you liking your mortage interest deduction?
      ill help myself to the spare bedroom i own at your place


      government = bad! (unless its something that directly benefits me... then governement = good!)

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 12th, 2008
      Location
      Savage, MN
      Posts
      1,209
      04-05-2012 11:46 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      Haha, its just money nothing else

      The reason you don't understand is because I am not defined by the box that you want to fit me into. Keep researching and twisting until you get me in there. Then, YOU will have me in your defined box; only, I will be the same person that I was when the conversation started.

      I apologize for what must have sounded like a challenge. It so easy to start such defensive forum conversations. I really should know better than to share my car opinions on a car forum
      No, he just wants you to explain your double standard reguarding GM vs. VAG.

    24. 04-05-2012 11:52 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by dcmix5 View Post
      Holy **** GUYS I JUST READ THIS ON CNN!!!!!!
      "The only Leaf I want around my Secret Services is the kind they all got prescription cards for".

    25. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Windsor, VT USA
      Posts
      25,224
      Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      04-05-2012 11:58 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by emkaytree View Post
      Citizen jobs, is more than likely what he meant.
      http://www.usaid.gov/careers/civfaq.html

      3. Are non-citizens eligible for Federal employment?

      Under Executive Order 11935, only United States citizens and nationals may compete for competitive jobs. Agencies are permitted to hire non-citizens only when there are no qualified citizens available. A non-citizen may only be given an excepted appointment and may not be promoted or reassigned to another position in the competitive service, except in situations where a qualified citizen is not available. The non-citizen may be hired only if permitted by the appropriations act and immigration law.

    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •