Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chevy Volt sales surge as car remains in the box

1. 04-06-2012 10:43 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Viener Vanker View Post
      Eagerly awaiting the time it makes any economic sense at all to actually buy one. Seems like that's a long way away.
      Apply that logic to any sportscar, supercar, suv, or pickup truck serving as a commuter vehicle. THEN get back to me.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

2. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      04-06-2012 10:45 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
      Your standards are extremely LOW. Do you use to drive on DUI or something? Batteries's acid?
      raptorpic.jpg

The first one is a sentence. A dumb sentence, but a sentence nonetheless. The other two are incomprehensible.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Vehicles
      2002 Boxster S, 2004 A4 Avant 1.8T
      04-06-2012 10:45 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      Just stopping in to see how the conversation is going...
      Let's see... you still appear to be a hypocrite. Not sure why you think that would have changed when you still haven't answered my simple question.

4. 04-06-2012 10:47 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
      Your standards are extremely LOW. Do you use to drive on DUI or something? Batteries's acid?
      Its arguably the most advanced car on the road in any country. And if used as designed gets you the equivalent of 100+ mpg, while using it as a regular car with no fear of range anxiety. So yeah, I stand by my words. And it is within economical reach of a significant segment of car/truck buyers. You sacrifice nothing.

I've driven it. Have you? Just curious.

Vehicles
      2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition, 1992 Golf 2 door
      04-06-2012 11:46 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by Espresso View Post

sudbury ontario mine yummy green energy.....
      Sorry this is what i meant to say the actual process to make the batteries is very harmful for the enviroment, although some batteries arent recyclable.
      FS - OZ M-191 Center Cap - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...5#post77384355
      Diesel Dub Club #38 || Euro Style || MK2 Militia ||

Vehicles
      2013 VW GTI Autobahn
      04-07-2012 12:06 AM #111
      Eagerly awaiting the time it makes any economic sense at all to actually buy one. Seems like that's a long way away.
      Don't worry, it will come sooner than later. If our current president will get re-elected he will make sure that gas prices will rise even more for you to have to buy a hybrid or volt.....
      “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

Vehicles
      2010 Toyota Prius V, 1996 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4
      04-07-2012 12:14 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spongeworthy View Post
      Don't worry, it will come sooner than later. If our current president will get re-elected he will make sure that gas prices will rise even more for you to have to buy a hybrid or volt.....
      Did the forum going down make some of your brains break from the withdrawl or something? I swear it's extra stupid in here tonight...even for a Friday.
      Esi ϟ Disi

Vehicles
      04-07-2012 12:25 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by GTIDamien_407 View Post
      Sorry this is what i meant to say the actual process to make the batteries is very harmful for the enviroment, although some batteries arent recyclable.
      Again, studies have been posted here in TCL showing that the lifetime environmental impact of a car with lots of batteries, like the Volt, is lower, even though the impact of building them is greater. This simply isn't a real concern.

Also, which batteries used in hybrids or plug-in-hybrids aren't recyclable?

Vehicles
      04-07-2012 12:28 AM #114
      Seriously, I'm really curious. What exactly is it about hybrids that brings out the most astoundingly idiotic posts?

Vehicles
      2013 focus ST ST3
      04-07-2012 12:34 AM #115
      Go vote for Bachmann she promised $2 a gallon.....oh wait..

Vehicles
      VW
      04-07-2012 12:46 AM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by Jader Pack View Post
      Seriously, I'm really curious. What exactly is it about hybrids that brings out the most astoundingly idiotic posts?
      Republicans. They dont make sense how ever you look at it.

Obama will raise gas prices,so we must buy hybrids. Rick Sontorum at his best.
      "Your pants too tight,your wheels too bright"

12. 04-07-2012 12:53 AM #117
      You can't really be this stupid can you?

Gas prices are driven by speculation and supply/demand. The US pumps more oil now under Obama than it has within the last 8 years. And yet gas prices continue to rise. Why?

Because it's not possible for the US to pump enough oil to offset the demand driven by China and the other markets. This is further exacerbated by market speculation. All oil is pooled in a global marketplace and then distributed. So "drill baby drill" does not work. That's a slogan designed to pacify stupid people.

The president has no control over gas prices. Do yourself a favor and turn off Fox News and Limbaugh, and pull your head from your ass.

Sorry to be a dick, but this crap has to stop. Learn about it before your spout off on it.

Vehicles
      F14 Tomcat
      04-07-2012 01:04 AM #118
      Current cost of ownership of a Volt is about the same as some mid size cars right now. In the states that are matching the federal tax credit, you're looking at the cost of ownership of a $20k compact car.

Welcome to the finance lounge.
      Contributor at http://becarchic.com and http://speedsportlife.com
      Personal website with contacts: http://curvedinfinity.com
      Shenandoah hot lap 1:46.92: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmYq3mBbwPg

14. Member Captain Spongeworthy's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 VW GTI Autobahn
      04-07-2012 02:42 AM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by DJMRDARK View Post
      You can't really be this stupid can you?

Gas prices are driven by speculation and supply/demand. The US pumps more oil now under Obama than it has within the last 8 years. And yet gas prices continue to rise. Why?

Because it's not possible for the US to pump enough oil to offset the demand driven by China and the other markets. This is further exacerbated by market speculation. All oil is pooled in a global marketplace and then distributed. So "drill baby drill" does not work. That's a slogan designed to pacify stupid people.

The president has no control over gas prices. Do yourself a favor and turn off Fox News and Limbaugh, and pull your head from your ass.

Sorry to be a dick, but this crap has to stop. Learn about it before your spout off on it.
      You obviously are misinformed and not capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation with someone who has a different opinion without name calling.

Let me guess, a few years back when the price of oil was at an alltime high over $150/barrel you blamed Bush for the high gas prices. Now we are paying the same for gas when oil is $103/barrel, even though demand is down. Do you really believe that our current president is managing our energy supply correctly?
      “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

Vehicles
      04-07-2012 02:54 AM #120
      You obviously are misinformed and not capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation with someone who has a different opinion without name calling.
      Whether the President controls the price of gas is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact. You are either right or wrong. In this case, you are the latter.

16. 04-07-2012 03:06 AM #121

Let me guess, a few years back when the price of oil was at an alltime high over $150/barrel you blamed Bush for the high gas prices. Now we are paying the same for gas when oil is $103/barrel, even though demand is down. Do you really believe that our current president is managing our energy supply correctly?
      I assure you that this intelligent conversation is one sided. And you are on the wrong side.

Per your Bush suggestion, no I didn't. Because the president does not control or manage the energy supply.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      04-07-2012 11:21 AM #122
      I didn't blame Bush for high gas prices then, and I don't blame Obama now.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
      "I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food."
      Ukemafia.com

04-07-2012 12:26 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      I didn't blame Bush for high gas prices then, and I don't blame Obama now.
      Is it bad that I started to take issue with your post - not because I disagree with the political angle, but that I wasn't sure it was fair to call $4/gallon high gas prices in the first place? I suspect that 20 years from now we'll look back longingly at how cheap gas was back when it was only $4/gallon.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      04-07-2012 12:32 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      I suspect that 20 years from now we'll look back longingly at how cheap gas was back when it was only $4/gallon.
      I suspect you are right.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
      "I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food."
      Ukemafia.com

20. 04-07-2012 01:19 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      Is it bad that I started to take issue with your post - not because I disagree with the political angle, but that I wasn't sure it was fair to call $4/gallon high gas prices in the first place? I suspect that 20 years from now we'll look back longingly at how cheap gas was back when it was only $4/gallon.
      I'll be comfy in an EV.

21. 04-07-2012 03:11 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by Jader Pack View Post
      Meh, for me it's a little bit irrational, I admit. I don't like them because they're half-assed. They seem like a sad placeholder keeping us distracted from the real deal.

Like I've said before, I for one am entirely done with ICE. It's dead to me. Dead weight.

22. 04-07-2012 06:55 PM #127

Oh god, you really are this stupid.
      Please tell us you are still in high school, or a community college freshman.

04-07-2012 07:08 PM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by hardcore4life View Post
      Wonder what would of happen if Obama did not rescue car companies and millions of jobs would have been lost , bet all repos would use that as negative agenda " Obama did not save true American icons , we lost millions of jobs under his watch"
      It hurts to read this.... the grammar and spelling, not the content.
      Conan1999: <grin>Do you really care? TCL is Poseur Kingdom. The bulk of the posts are generated by a slew of toolbags who've never driven the vehicles they discuss and who are "into cars" in the same way as the nouveau riche display designer labels. Granted, the forum's entertainment value is off the scale, but I wouldn't confuse it with expertise of any sort.

Blog Entries
      04-10-2012 12:00 AM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      I didn't change it, but I wholeheartedly approve!
      This damn thread won't stay in the box!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234