Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To the people who have all 3 major consoles......

Vehicles
      08 CW Gti
      04-17-2012 03:43 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Allsops View Post
      Biggest reason: I like the 360 controller more than the PS3 one.
      Another reason I prefer my 360 to PS3 I find my hand whill want to cramp up if I use the PS3 just because the controller feels to small for me. And I find the convex thumb sticks on the PS3 let my fingers slip to much when I'm racing or plaing fifa/nhl unlike the 360 controller which helps keep my thumbs in place.
      Xbox Live Gt: Sir Rubs Alot
      Instagram MkvMike

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      04-17-2012 07:28 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by ekim vkm View Post
      Another reason I prefer my 360 to PS3 I find my hand whill want to cramp up if I use the PS3 just because the controller feels to small for me. And I find the convex thumb sticks on the PS3 let my fingers slip to much when I'm racing or plaing fifa/nhl unlike the 360 controller which helps keep my thumbs in place.
      Just buy an aftermarket PS3 controller - they have some modeled after the 360 controller

Vehicles
      DE & VZ
      04-24-2012 01:39 PM #38
      I bought xbox360 outright

I ended up getting ps3 for 80 bucks since I worked at toys r us when I got laid off from VW, I had gift cards

As for the WII, I got that for free when I purchased a TV from Best Buy as a black friday promotion. It's never been out of the box nor has it ever moved since I purchased it 2-3 years ago.

But I still have all 3
      Quote Originally Posted by Pineapplegti ! View Post
      Gravy is a attention whore..
      I do side work on vw's in ny/ct area. PM me

04-24-2012 01:57 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Grits 'n gravy View Post
      As for the WII, I got that for free when I purchased a TV from Best Buy as a black friday promotion. It's never been out of the box nor has it ever moved since I purchased it 2-3 years ago.
      You're missin out on some quality first party games!

Vehicles
      '05 Impreza 2.5RS Wagon, '12 Legacy 2.5GT, '13 Tribeca
      04-24-2012 04:06 PM #40
      ...simple, all three systems have games that I really want to play. Right now the 360 gets all of my attention, but once I have more time that will hopefully balance back out.

6. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      04-24-2012 05:33 PM #41
      the wii has xenoblade, which is an incredibly good JRPG

i'm playing through pandora's tower now, which is easily one of my favorite wii games. looking back, and not surprisingly, my best memories of this generation were made on the wii for the most part.

Vehicles
      Miata, Miata
      04-24-2012 06:10 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by ekim vkm View Post
      I find the convex thumb sticks on the PS3 let my fingers slip to much when I'm racing or plaing fifa/nhl unlike the 360 controller which helps keep my thumbs in place.
      So your thumbs are flat like this? (right side photo)

On the Playstation controller it helped me to use a ~35* angle approach so my thumb is never on top of the thumbstick. Utilizing the near outer rim of it.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 Caliber SRT4, 1989 Mazda B2200, 2010 RAV4
      05-05-2012 10:38 PM #43
      I have all 3. They all get used....the 360 for Forza and flight sims (because I have a joystick for it), the PS3 for just about everything else and Blu-rays. The Wii is relegated to party nights with friends and Netflix duties - I can only watch in 480, but the lower bandwidth means there's no lag with the wireless which is unfortunately not the case with the PS3.

I had the original Xbox, so it was only natural that I get the 360. Had 2 red-ringers, then washed my hands of the whole thing and went with the PS3. A couple years later, they fix the problems with the 360, so I go out and get one of those.

A little while later, I move in with my girlfriend and she wants a Wii, so I trade in the PS3 at Gamestop (rip-off artists) on a new Wii. So now I have a 360 for me and a Wii for her. A couple years later GT5 comes out and at the same time my Blu-ray player just happens to break. Perfect excuse to get a PS3, so I bought a used original one (the cool glossy black one with backwards compatibility, not that ugly slim piece of crap they have now).

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 Caliber SRT4, 1989 Mazda B2200, 2010 RAV4
      05-05-2012 10:43 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by horribleR View Post
      So your thumbs are flat like this? (right side photo)

On the Playstation controller it helped me to use a ~35* angle approach so my thumb is never on top of the thumbstick. Utilizing the near outer rim of it.
      A company called Caps4Stix makes a little pad that slips over the top of the PS3 controller so that you have an indentation for your thumb. If I didn't have that I would've ditched the PS3 a long time ago. Costs about $4.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12