Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Results 106 to 140 of 2995

    Thread: MK4Forum Offsets & Tire Sizes Request Thread

    1. Junior Member JoeR32's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 4th, 2010
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      76
      Vehicles
      2004 Volkswagen R32
      04-24-2012 10:14 AM #106
      Thanks a lot
      .:R

    2. Junior Member vdub_4life@live.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2011
      Location
      springfield vt
      Posts
      46
      Vehicles
      97 vw golf gl
      04-24-2012 10:16 AM #107
      im thinking on gettting ccw @17x8 front 17x9.5 rear but i have not orderd them yet i want it to hellla flush with some poke and sttreched its going on a gti mk4 if that matters plzzz help feel freee to change the sizes

    3. Senior Member Clean PG's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 9th, 2005
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      28,484
      Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      04-24-2012 10:31 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by ddstfleurr View Post
      I bought BBS CH's

      18x8 ET40 w/ 18mm Bolt Pattern adapters
      18x9 ET35 w/ 18mm " "

      my 00' 1.8t's dropped about 3.5 inches..


      i currently have 2 225/40's for the 18x9's
      and buying 215/40's for the 18x8's

      how's it gunna look?
      fronts will sit near flush, just a tiny bit of poke. rears will poke a bit more but it's definitely manageable. may want to consider going down to a 215/40 for the 18x9's

      THIS is what your rears will look like:

      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

    4. Senior Member Clean PG's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 9th, 2005
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      28,484
      Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      04-24-2012 10:38 AM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by vdub_4life@live.com View Post
      im thinking on gettting ccw @17x8 front 17x9.5 rear but i have not orderd them yet i want it to hellla flush with some poke and sttreched its going on a gti mk4 if that matters plzzz help feel freee to change the sizes
      for fronts to be flush with the 17x8, look into something around a final offset of 29. give or take a few mm won't make a huge difference, so a nice round number of 30 would be good.

      for the rears with the 17x9.5, i'd go somewhere around the same final offset of 30 +/-. this will give you a little bit of poke identical to the rear wheels in this photo: (you can go with a higher or lower offset if you'd like depending on how you want them to sit)
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

    5. Junior Member vdub_4life@live.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2011
      Location
      springfield vt
      Posts
      46
      Vehicles
      97 vw golf gl
      04-24-2012 10:49 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      for fronts to be flush with the 17x8, look into something around a final offset of 29. give or take a few mm won't make a huge difference, so a nice round number of 30 would be good.

      for the rears with the 17x9.5, i'd go somewhere around the same final offset of 30 +/-. this will give you a little bit of poke identical to the rear wheels in this photo: (you can go with a higher or lower offset if you'd like depending on how you want them to sit)
      soooooo what about spacers it do i not neeed because of thr offest of wheels and what about streched tires

    6. Senior Member Clean PG's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 9th, 2005
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      28,484
      Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      04-24-2012 10:57 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by vdub_4life@live.com View Post
      soooooo what about spacers it do i not neeed because of thr offest of wheels and what about streched tires
      since you said you were getting CCW's and didnt provide me with offsets, i assumed you were going to get them made to the offset you wanted. if you know the offsets of the wheels, post those numbers up and i can let you know what size spacers to get. or if you want to school yourself a bit, take the offset of the wheel and subtract your desired final offset of 30 from it. the result is how big of a spacer you'll want. (ex. wheel offset is 45. so, 45 - 30 = 15mm spacer)

      for tires, 205/45 on the 17x8 and 215/45 on the 17x9.5
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

    7. Junior Member vdub_4life@live.com's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2011
      Location
      springfield vt
      Posts
      46
      Vehicles
      97 vw golf gl
      04-24-2012 11:07 AM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      since you said you were getting CCW's and didnt provide me with offsets, i assumed you were going to get them made to the offset you wanted. if you know the offsets of the wheels, post those numbers up and i can let you know what size spacers to get. or if you want to school yourself a bit, take the offset of the wheel and subtract your desired final offset of 30 from it. the result is how big of a spacer you'll want. (ex. wheel offset is 45. so, 45 - 30 = 15mm spacer)

      for tires, 205/45 on the 17x8 and 215/45 on the 17x9.5
      i thank you sir

    8. Member vwgolftwo.slow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2012
      Location
      cape cod MA
      Posts
      157
      Vehicles
      99 vw golf mk4 02 f250 7.3 diesel
      04-24-2012 01:30 PM #113
      alrighty sweet thanks !

    9. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2011
      Location
      Embrun
      Posts
      23
      Vehicles
      2000 1.8t Jetta
      04-24-2012 03:08 PM #114
      thanks !!
      ad yeah i was suppose to do 215 for the 9 wide and 205 for the 8 wide but the 225's were given to me and im abit short on cash cause i blew my clutch and jumped my tranny like 4 days ago :/
      2000 1.8T Jetta | ChrissTapp Eurodyne Chipped(20 PSI) | Single Gutted Cat To Magnaflow Muffler | RK Coils Dropped 3.5 | Stage 2 Bully Clutch | Blacked Head & Tails | AEM Cold Air | Badgeless Grill |17x7.5 ET35 Audi A8 Replica's |
      [Staggerd' BBS CH Black W/ Polished Lip (New) 18x8 ET35/18x9 ET40]

    10. Senior Member Clean PG's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 9th, 2005
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      28,484
      Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      04-24-2012 03:18 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by ddstfleurr View Post
      thanks !!
      ad yeah i was suppose to do 215 for the 9 wide and 205 for the 8 wide but the 225's were given to me and im abit short on cash cause i blew my clutch and jumped my tranny like 4 days ago :/
      if the 225's are in good, or new, condition you could try to sell them for cash to pickup a pair of 215's instead, but it's really not that crucial. you'll be able to run the 225's if you need to.
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

    11. Member Kuncle20's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 21st, 2009
      Location
      Greenville SC
      Posts
      1,189
      Vehicles
      05 GLI
      04-24-2012 08:28 PM #116
      Thanks for the quickness on the reply Clean PG. I think it will be on the money once I get there.. They wheels come with like a 225/40/18 whatever the factory size was but they Pilot Sport PS2's so I may go with "Meaty fitment" for the time being and ride those out.. We will see. Thanks again man
      __________________________________________________ __Follow Me @ Kuncle_________________________________________
      __________________________________________________ ______The Chive__________________________________________________ __

    12. Senior Member Clean PG's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 9th, 2005
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      28,484
      Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      04-24-2012 09:06 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by Kuncle20 View Post
      Thanks for the quickness on the reply Clean PG. I think it will be on the money once I get there.. They wheels come with like a 225/40/18 whatever the factory size was but they Pilot Sport PS2's so I may go with "Meaty fitment" for the time being and ride those out.. We will see. Thanks again man
      nothing wrong with that, may as well use up the rubber that's already on there. if you're rubbin pretty bad then you know you can either go with smaller tires or do some minor fender work
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

    13. 04-24-2012 10:23 PM #118
      hey guys, looking at getting raceland ultimos, looking for about 24ftg, i already have 18x8 +35 et wheels, just wondering what adapters, if any, i will need to clear the front helper springs, currently have 225/40r18 for tires, and still have plenty of tread left too so im hoping that ill be able to use this up then go with a 205 or 215

      thanks guys

    14. Senior Member Clean PG's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 9th, 2005
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      28,484
      Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      04-24-2012 11:02 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by jmichzx6r View Post
      hey guys, looking at getting raceland ultimos, looking for about 24ftg, i already have 18x8 +35 et wheels, just wondering what adapters, if any, i will need to clear the front helper springs, currently have 225/40r18 for tires, and still have plenty of tread left too so im hoping that ill be able to use this up then go with a 205 or 215

      thanks guys
      your current wheels and tires should clear the coilovers just fine, wont need to get spacers
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

    15. Member Kuncle20's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 21st, 2009
      Location
      Greenville SC
      Posts
      1,189
      Vehicles
      05 GLI
      04-25-2012 05:45 AM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      nothing wrong with that, may as well use up the rubber that's already on there. if you're rubbin pretty bad then you know you can either go with smaller tires or do some minor fender work
      Im thinking a roll for sure and maybe a slight pull. I hope to go on air before the end of the year so I dont want to do anything that will be so extreme that it looks goofy air'd out..

      Thanks again man
      __________________________________________________ __Follow Me @ Kuncle_________________________________________
      __________________________________________________ ______The Chive__________________________________________________ __

    16. Member alankitzmiller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14th, 2009
      Location
      Olive Garden
      Posts
      1,978
      Vehicles
      black blob
      04-25-2012 07:49 AM #121
      they're 8 inches wide. don't "pull" anything.
      Last edited by alankitzmiller; 04-25-2012 at 08:11 AM.

    17. Member Fundaze's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 20th, 2011
      Location
      Kelowna, Canada
      Posts
      220
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta GLI 24v VR6
      04-25-2012 01:09 PM #122
      Looking at doing wheels 9" all around

      Lemme know if this will work, or if not what spacers will I need?

      Wheel specs are:
      18x9 et 35 all around,

      I have 10mm and 15mm spacers right now and would prefer to use them if possible. Will the fronts clear 18x9 final et 25? I am on streetline coils about 24 ish ftg prob will go lower once i get the wheels. Looking at doing 215/40s all around too.

      Thanks in advance!
      VR Alliance #38

    18. Member alankitzmiller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14th, 2009
      Location
      Olive Garden
      Posts
      1,978
      Vehicles
      black blob
      04-25-2012 01:20 PM #123
      that will clear and you should be fine using both sets. everything sounds good

    19. Member Fundaze's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 20th, 2011
      Location
      Kelowna, Canada
      Posts
      220
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta GLI 24v VR6
      04-25-2012 03:54 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by alankitzmiller View Post
      that will clear and you should be fine using both sets. everything sounds good
      thanks
      VR Alliance #38

    20. Member dubbin27's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2011
      Location
      SOOcal
      Posts
      102
      Vehicles
      mk4 GTI
      04-25-2012 04:03 PM #125
      barely saw your reply thanks clean pg for the tips

    21. 04-25-2012 07:43 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      your current wheels and tires should clear the coilovers just fine, wont need to get spacers
      thanks for the response

    22. Member CJVR6508's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 20th, 2011
      Location
      Cape Cod, Mass
      Posts
      1,668
      Vehicles
      old: bagged mkiv, new: e46
      04-25-2012 08:38 PM #127
      thinking about getting some vette 35th anni's 17x9.5 all around et56 I think. they come with 225/45's already stretched.

      my question is...would I be okay running the 225's or will they be too beefy? maybe at least run them for the rears and get 215's up front? I'd rather not have to get 4 new tires. and what would be a good adapter size for the 225's? 33mm? let me know thanks!
      Quote Originally Posted by zrau17 View Post
      buy vw. mod vw. claim vw is gay. make thread for all to see. sell vw. buy m3/s2000. start new thread and bask in glory.
      Instagram: @ayo_cpavao

    23. Member alankitzmiller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14th, 2009
      Location
      Olive Garden
      Posts
      1,978
      Vehicles
      black blob
      04-25-2012 10:11 PM #128
      225s are gonna be pretty beefy for you for sure. these are your same wheels with 215/45 et 18 all around



    24. Member Dubstatic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2007
      Location
      86oh
      Posts
      6,192
      Vehicles
      mk2 GTI, mk4 GTI
      04-26-2012 09:37 AM #129
      have a question

      I got my futuras beat up from a buddy of mine that had them on a mk4. he had long forgotten the offsets but I knew how they sat on the car so I didnt worry. Im trying to get a rough idea of the offset. the fronts are 17x8 and the rears are 17x10 they are porsche fitmen so I fugure most porsche wheels have an et in the low 50s. the front adapters are 30mm and the rear are 22(also have 25mm spares)

      I was going to figure out the offsets but I couldnt wait to get the wheels on the car

      this is how the car sits



      Dubstatic
      REP860
      CornStatuS

    25. Senior Member Clean PG's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 9th, 2005
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      28,484
      Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      04-26-2012 11:15 AM #130
      i'd guess both front and back wheels have offsets in the 55-59 range. cant you take a wheel off and look at the stamp? you should, because i'm curious how close my estimates are
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

    26. Member tylerfisher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 11th, 2011
      Location
      jersey
      Posts
      673
      Vehicles
      bagged mkiv golf- SOLD bagged mkv jetta
      04-26-2012 11:45 AM #131
      what size spacers can i run to have the wheels flush with the fenders, im on air too.
      arietta 17inch wheels 38mm offset all around
      (not to good with offsets and all that jazz)

    27. Member Dubstatic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2007
      Location
      86oh
      Posts
      6,192
      Vehicles
      mk2 GTI, mk4 GTI
      04-26-2012 11:47 AM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by Clean PG View Post
      i'd guess both front and back wheels have offsets in the 55-59 range. cant you take a wheel off and look at the stamp? you should, because i'm curious how close my estimates are
      theres nothing stamped into the back of the wheel.
      Dubstatic
      REP860
      CornStatuS

    28. Member alankitzmiller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14th, 2009
      Location
      Olive Garden
      Posts
      1,978
      Vehicles
      black blob
      04-26-2012 11:51 AM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by Hustle-DubS View Post
      theres nothing stamped into the back of the wheel.
      are they redrilled? there should be a stamp under the center cap

    29. Member Dubstatic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2007
      Location
      86oh
      Posts
      6,192
      Vehicles
      mk2 GTI, mk4 GTI
      04-26-2012 12:00 PM #134
      they have type 2 center caps. but theres nothing under them, the havent been redrilled. there still the original porche bolt patters. they have been refinshed a few times so maybe the stamp got sanded off?
      Dubstatic
      REP860
      CornStatuS

    30. Senior Member Clean PG's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 9th, 2005
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      28,484
      Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      04-26-2012 12:02 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by Hustle-DubS View Post
      theres nothing stamped into the back of the wheel.
      you should do this if you get a chance:

      Quote Originally Posted by Calculating the offset of a wheel
      First, measure the overall width of the wheel (remember, just because a wheel is 18x7.5, does not mean that the OVERALL width is 7.5”. It means that the measurement between the outboard flange and the inboard flange is 7.5”). Next, divide that width of the wheel by two; this will give you the centerline of the wheel.
      Overall width/2 = Centerline
      After determining the centerline, measure from the hub-mounting surface of the hub to the edge of the inboard flange (if the wheel were laying flat on the ground – face up – your measurement would be from the ground to the hub-mounting surface). This is your back spacing.
      Centerline - Back spacing = Offset

      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

    31. Member alankitzmiller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14th, 2009
      Location
      Olive Garden
      Posts
      1,978
      Vehicles
      black blob
      04-26-2012 12:06 PM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by Hustle-DubS View Post
      they have type 2 center caps. but theres nothing under them, the havent been redrilled. there still the original porche bolt patters. they have been refinshed a few times so maybe the stamp got sanded off?
      I mean under the center cap on the face itself, not hte actual center cap but its possible it got powdered over as they are lightly stamped on mine.

    32. Member Dubstatic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2007
      Location
      86oh
      Posts
      6,192
      Vehicles
      mk2 GTI, mk4 GTI
      04-26-2012 12:11 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by alankitzmiller View Post
      I mean under the center cap on the face itself, not hte actual center cap but its possible it got powdered over as they are lightly stamped on mine.
      nothing there. I looked when we had the wheels apart. im pressure sure the markings are gone. at one point the wheels were chrome so Im so it was a bitch to get it all off so thats prob why there is no marking. I guess I just got to take the wheel of and calculate. doesnt matter now casue the wheels sit well but for selling reasons it helps to know what the offsets are.
      Dubstatic
      REP860
      CornStatuS

    33. Member alankitzmiller's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14th, 2009
      Location
      Olive Garden
      Posts
      1,978
      Vehicles
      black blob
      04-26-2012 12:51 PM #138
      17x10 etgood

    34. Member Dubstatic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 25th, 2007
      Location
      86oh
      Posts
      6,192
      Vehicles
      mk2 GTI, mk4 GTI
      04-26-2012 12:52 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by alankitzmiller View Post
      17x10 etgood
      hahaha. i had someone on instagram ask me my offsets, thats what I should have said
      Dubstatic
      REP860
      CornStatuS

    35. Senior Member Clean PG's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 9th, 2005
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      28,484
      Vehicles
      Car that looks good from afar.
      04-26-2012 12:56 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by alankitzmiller View Post
      17x10 etgood
      rofl
      || Mk4 Wheel Offset and Stance Picture Index || ClearWaterDubs || ClearWaterDubs@VWVortex ||
      || Please don't PM me with offset questions, post in THIS THREAD instead ||

    Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •