Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Lowered my car but not getting expected results

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      04 Galactic Blue Jetta
      04-06-2012 07:08 PM #1
      I just installed a used set of struts and eibach sportlines. on the back end I dropped to 25inches from the ground to the wheel well. on the front one side is 26 and other side 26.5" the springs were already mounted on the struts. I am guessing they will settle after a bit of use? they have 40,000 km on them so I figure they already should be settled. I checked everything over but couldn't see any reason for the different heights up front.

the car is a mkiv tdi jetta
      Thanks for any insight.
      Richard

2. Member
      04-07-2012 09:59 PM #2
      Well your main problem is you've dropped your car over 2' which puts you below the surface of the road. The uneven stance may be caused by a boulder or sewage pipe

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      04-07-2012 10:10 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by RichJetta View Post
      I just installed a used set of struts and eibach sportlines. on the back end I dropped to 25inches from the ground to the wheel well. on the front one side is 26 and other side 26.5" the springs were already mounted on the struts. I am guessing they will settle after a bit of use? they have 40,000 km on them so I figure they already should be settled. I checked everything over but couldn't see any reason for the different heights up front.

the car is a mkiv tdi jetta
      Thanks for any insight.
      Richard
      Couple things; most ground is not level. Also, which side is lower? Keep in mind that when you're in the car the driver side is going to sag...and that's when it actually counts.
      Quote Originally Posted by futur View Post
      who is fastest? if you guys didn't find out, what were you doing instead? patching floors? #mk3 #lulz # POR15 #umadbro #supercharger #thatsalottospendforjust8psi #justthetip #justkidding #noimnot
      podi.ca
      Scraped.Crusaders. l the.final.offset l flickr

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      04 Galactic Blue Jetta
      04-08-2012 08:47 AM #4
      Thanks MadHatter, It seems to have settled out at 25 3/4" in the front after cruising around for a day. I have a 3d alignment booked at level auto Tuesday. The car drives straight and from my crude measuring it has a slight toe in.

JettinJetta: I guess you must have misread something there

Thanks!

Vehicles
      B5 A4, MK6 Jetta
      04-08-2012 10:30 AM #5
      He's giving you a jab because you said you lowered your car 25 inches, I assume you meant 2.5. I hope to get into level this week as well
      Quote Originally Posted by futur View Post
      who is fastest? if you guys didn't find out, what were you doing instead? patching floors? #mk3 #lulz # POR15 #umadbro #supercharger #thatsalottospendforjust8psi #justthetip #justkidding #noimnot
      podi.ca
      Scraped.Crusaders. l the.final.offset l flickr