Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: About a month ago...It's a story, but I really do need help

1. Member
      Vehicles
      MK4 GLI
      04-07-2012 07:57 AM #1
      MK4 GLI (2005) 09A Auto w/Tip

I had my CV boot replaced. All was good for a couple weeks and then BAM! I was driving along and I heard a loud THUMP underneath my car followed by a repetitive clunking noise. The mechanic didn't torque down the axle bolts after installing the new boot. So the THUMP was my bolts coming out and my axle coming loose. And the repetitive clunk was my axle swinging into my transmission. Most, if not all, of my tranny fluid was on the ground at this point.

So I had it towed to the mechanics shop where he took my tranny out and tore it apart. He concluded that all I had actually done was put a hole in the casing. So they fixed it up and everything was good. Then like 3-4 days after having it back, it seemed that my transmission couldn't find a gear that it wanted so it would just rev all over the place until it found a gear. We flushed the tranny fluid again. It ran perfectly smooth...for 2 days. And that brings us to today. Went outside, started my car, put it in drive, pressed on the gas a bit and just revs. My car NOW does not recognize when it is in gear. Whether it be in Tiptronic, Reverse, or Drive.

What could this be? Torque Converter? Solenoids? Clutch pack?

I just want my car running smoothly again. I know, sometimes that's too much to ask for lol.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      MK4 GLI
      04-07-2012 06:00 PM #2
      I turned the car on again just now, I can hear it shift into gear, but when I step on the gas, it just revs and revs lol