Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The nightmare sale of my beloved GLI

04-11-2012 06:05 PM #36
      How the hell did I end up in the mkvi forum?
      Waffled

2. Member
      Vehicles
      20th Anniversary GTI Jazz Blue
      04-11-2012 06:57 PM #37
      I used to work for one of the large banking institutions...

Just a heads up to the OP & anyone who is curious...
      MOST IF NOT ALL BANKS IN THE US (excluding specific individual relationships one might have with their own institution, which varies based on individual customers, etc) WILL NOT TAKE any form of check, cashier's including...IF THERE IS MORE THAN 1 PARTY NAMED ON THE CHECK AND YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE PRESENT, they will even question and make you sweat when both parties are there IN PERSON, because in banking this is a big red flag. The biggest red flag being the amount of the check, which if it's OVER 9k, will cause possible issue. There shouldn't have been both parties' names on that cashier's check...though it might be practice for that institution, you can request it be made out just to the individual and they shouldn't have issue with it.

OP- It is VERY plausible that the buyer did everything LEGIT, and responsibly, as far as he knew before flying out to you, and based on my professional experience, banks make these mistakes all the time, they should know based on the situation (buying a car out of state) that this would be a roadblock. And unfortunately, it takes time for the banks to pick up the pieces. They don't always drop everything for a customer immediately dude. It's EXTREMELY plausible that his intentions were true. And then also you obviously had no idea that a cashier's check isn't like cash, IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS, it just SECURES the cash, so the buyer couldn't pull it out before the check cleared. "The moment I see 2 people's names on that check, I say we gotta go to the bank together"

Then I read your responses in this thread, and honestly see the harassment and attitude you've decided to act with...IMO that's about the dumbest thing you could do to someone who has your car in another state, and is the gatekeeper to getting you your money. Yeah, you can go the police route, FBI, whatever, but it doesn't have to. Well, my bs detector has come on, and based on how you've responded, you've taken the aggressive route. Now he's taking his time, and it pisses you off because you probably jumped to offend/threaten him early on by judging the entire situation too quickly...you would probably do equal in the same position.

He will not get charges pressed against him, if it's the scenario I've painted, the bank can corroborate it, and honestly, you could be vulnerable to harassment charges yourself, if what he says is true.

So chill out, stop with the negative/aggressive energy, and be a little patient. IMO you put this extra time waiting on yourself, though I know you don't give a rat's *** what I think, but maybe this will help YOU OUT in the future

Vehicles
      2012 United Gray GTI
      04-11-2012 09:37 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Zatch! View Post
      its rough in the streets man. Just let the Po Po deal with it and get your car back! lol
      What street are you from ? I grew up on the sreets of Miami & have been up the road, in the chain gang, never called the police on anyone but I'm not going back because of some 23 year old punk. I'll get mine but I won't break the law to do it.
      2012, United Gray, GTI, MT//
      Carbonio Intake stg.1&2 // Apr K04 Turbo // Unitronic software //Apr Intercooler // Eurojet 3" Tbe // H&R Ultra Lows // VWR short shift // Southbend stg 2 endurance clutch // Awe Top // bsh throttle body pipe//BBS LM's //Euro Switch // Red Footwell lighting // Audi R8 coilpacks // Rear Wiper delete // vcds coding // LED tail lights //

Vehicles
      2012 United Gray GTI
      04-11-2012 09:48 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by brendo22 View Post
      I used to work for one of the large banking institutions...

Just a heads up to the OP & anyone who is curious...
      MOST IF NOT ALL BANKS IN THE US (excluding specific individual relationships one might have with their own institution, which varies based on individual customers, etc) WILL NOT TAKE any form of check, cashier's including...IF THERE IS MORE THAN 1 PARTY NAMED ON THE CHECK AND YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE PRESENT, they will even question and make you sweat when both parties are there IN PERSON, because in banking this is a big red flag. The biggest red flag being the amount of the check, which if it's OVER 9k, will cause possible issue. There shouldn't have been both parties' names on that cashier's check...though it might be practice for that institution, you can request it be made out just to the individual and they shouldn't have issue with it.

OP- It is VERY plausible that the buyer did everything LEGIT, and responsibly, as far as he knew before flying out to you, and based on my professional experience, banks make these mistakes all the time, they should know based on the situation (buying a car out of state) that this would be a Iroadblock. And unfortunately, it takes time for the banks to pick up the pieces. They don't always drop everything for a customer immediately dude. It's EXTREMELY plausible that his intentions were true. And then also you obviously had no idea that a cashier's check isn't like cash, IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS, it just SECURES the cash, so the buyer couldn't pull it out before the check cleared. "The moment I see 2 people's names on that check, I say we gotta go to the bank together"

Then I read your responses in this thread, and honestly see the harassment and attitude you've decided to act with...IMO that's about the dumbest thing you could do to someone who has your car in another state, and is the gatekeeper to getting you your money. Yeah, you can go the police route, FBI, whatever, but it doesn't have to. Well, my bs detector has come on, and based on how you've responded, you've taken the aggressive route. Now he's taking his time, and it pisses you off because you probably jumped to offend/threaten him early on by judging the entire situation too quickly...you would probably do equal in the same position.

He will not get charges pressed against him, if it's the scenario I've painted, the bank can corroborate it, and honestly, you could be vulnerable to harassment charges yourself, if what he says is true.

So chill out, stop with the negative/aggressive energy, and be a little patient. IMO you put this extra time waiting on yourself, though I know you don't give a rat's *** what I think, but maybe this will help YOU OUT in the future
      I appreciate your input but I have harrased no one, nor have I threatend anyone. I have the right to demand payment any way I see fit. This piece of garbage is refusing to pay for something that belonged to me. I have every intention of doing this the legal way until then I have every right to demand payment as often as I like.
      Carbonio Intake stg.1&2 // Apr K04 Turbo // Unitronic software //Apr Intercooler // Eurojet 3" Tbe // H&R Ultra Lows // VWR short shift // Southbend stg 2 endurance clutch // Awe Top // bsh throttle body pipe//BBS LM's //Euro Switch // Red Footwell lighting // Audi R8 coilpacks // Rear Wiper delete // vcds coding // LED tail lights //

5. Member
      Vehicles
      04-11-2012 10:43 PM #40
      Ah... I see you address only the part about the harassment. And you obviously see things in "black & white" by your stated opinion. Newsflash, the world is grey dude. I will have to beg to differ on your logic on what harassment is and "the right to collect my money any way I see fit."

Listen, I'm not judging the situation or assuming, but if it's how I played it out above, somehow I think lawyers are going to highly disagree with you...

On another note, a "cockroach scurries when revealed in the light" is a saying that is very true. The guy you bash pays money to fly out to you, then has to rely on you in your home town, in your backyard, pays you with an official cashier's check, you loan him tax money, drives back home, has 3 way phone conversations with you, bank, and himself, and you have all his info, etc.

How does this add up to being a shady con-man or even a "punk ass kid"? Seems like a ton of going out of HIS way to make this transaction work? WHY?

Doesn't add up dude.

It might not have gone down the way you planned it to, but that doesn't give you ANY right to behave however you want to another person or ACCUSE another person however you want. You may think it does, but it plainly doesn't. If you spent time "up the road in a chain gang" it seems you would have learned this at some point in life?

I get it, you're mad, I think everyone "gets it" and I totally understand that fact. But like I said, don't be so friggin' negative, and bulldoggish, and just relax a little. It's a sign of immaturity dude. The world doesn't revolve around you and it just didn't play out your way. But it doesn't mean you're not going to get your money?

You're not fooling me in how long this has taken for you, I know the banking industry, I know how long it takes for that check to clear, for you to find out it didn't clear, AND THEN for you to start having to figure out how to get a new check. Then the original bank has to have the ORIGINAL CHECK IN THEIR POSESSION LITERALLY, that takes mailing time, THEN they can cut a check, which the buyer either has to A) Pick up and mail back out to you or B) The bank can mail out if it's allowed. There's actually NOT MUCH THE BUYER HAS CONTROL OF IN TERMS OF TURNAROUND TIME. The buyer hasn't been eluding you for 10 days like you say...come on man. SO INSTEAD OF "JUMPING" FOR YOU TO MAKE IT HAPPEN, he's letting the bank's due process happen when it does, and thus TAKE LONGER. FRANKLY, I'd agree if you were talking even a hair of the tone and communication you've already displayed in this thread.

And leave it off vortex, trust me, you're doin' no one any "favors" including yourself

Vehicles
      BMP 20AE
      04-12-2012 06:02 AM #41
      And leave it off vortex, trust me, you're doin' no one any "favors" including yourself
      Don't worry, he was done posting about it four days ago:

Quote Originally Posted by ina04gli1.8t View Post
      This will be my last post concerning this issue... That's it. Happy Hoidays
      My 20th is currently: clean/dirty girl, out for the summer/hiding from salt and sand, CEL on/off. I currently love/hate my car.

Vehicles
      20th
      04-12-2012 09:12 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by ina04gli1.8t View Post
      What street are you from ? I grew up on the sreets of Miami & have been up the road, in the chain gang, never called the police on anyone but I'm not going back because of some 23 year old punk. I'll get mine but I won't break the law to do it.
      dude, I wasnt trying to piss you off, my bad. We all know this is a rough situation to be in, and I hope you get your car back or that money asap.
      And P.S - I'm not from the streets
      Good luck
      R135
      ╚╬╬╣
      _246_

8. Member
      Vehicles
      04-12-2012 11:03 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Marbles TI View Post
      Don't worry, he was done posting about it four days ago:
      Dude I mean, don't even make a thread about this kind of crap on here, no one needs to hear it. We all don't need it, and most of the time, people don't tell the whole story, and sometimes are entirely in the wrong, yet they drag the other dude's name around, because they want a pity party...

Vehicles
      2012 United Gray GTI
      04-12-2012 09:30 PM #44
      In an attempt to collect a debt, I am within my rights to call, text, email or use whatever other legal means necessary to get my money. Simple as that.

Vehicles
      2012 United Gray GTI
      04-12-2012 09:36 PM #45
      Dude I mean, don't even make a thread about this kind of crap on here, no one needs to hear it. We all don't need it, and most of the time, people don't tell the whole story, and sometimes are entirely in the wrong, yet they drag the other dude's name around, because they want a pity party...
      Spoken like Bryce himself. who are you to tell me what to do or how to do it?. No one is looking for pitty just a check. Everything I said here is 100% the truth. This is not even happening if I had payment for a car that I worked for. I don't steal things I buy them.

Vehicles
      2012 United Gray GTI
      04-12-2012 09:45 PM #46
      Oh yeah, I changed my mind I'll be done posting about this when I'm good and ready or until it gets locked down. Where I come from there are a few things you just don't mess with, one of those is a man's car. I seriously can't imagine how anyone can look at this & think I'm in the wrong. This dude has my car & has made no attempt to pay for it. Many people have expressed their concern and asked me to keep them posted. 12 days & zip.

Legal action pending.

Vehicles
      2003 Jazz Blue 20th #1096
      04-12-2012 10:05 PM #47
      This guy has every right to be mad. He gave his car and the guy ****ed him over. Yall are dumb for even questioning him.....If someone did this to me i would slide the **** out of them just sayin...tired of broke ass poor scam artist kids on here.

Vehicles
      2012 United Gray GTI
      04-13-2012 07:52 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Sortaflush View Post
      This guy has every right to be mad. He gave his car and the guy ****ed him over. Yall are dumb for even questioning him.....If someone did this to me i would slide the **** out of them just sayin...tired of broke ass poor scam artist kids on here.
      Thank you, I have done nothing wrong & that car had my. money,blood sweat & yes even tears in it. I didn't really want sell it but I did to use some of the money to build my MK VI GTI. I can't imagine what he could possibly be thinking. He can't keep the car & not pay for it, Unfortunately, he's not old enough to realize this. I have contacted a law firm and retained an attorney, when all is said & done it willend up costing him a lot more than the $9,500 he owes. It's a shame it has to be this way & that people in general have become the way they are, & we call ourselves civilized.

Vehicles
      2003 Jazz Blue 20th #1096
      04-13-2012 09:14 AM #49
      you could just find out where he lives....make a house call

Vehicles
      80 Rabbit - 83, 85 & 91 Jetta - 87 & 03 GTi - 13 Golf R
      04-13-2012 10:15 AM #50
      This is so sad. It makes me want to never sell my car. Good luck OP
      1966 Beetle - 83 Jetta Deluxe - 87 VR GTi - No. 0242 - 2012 Tiguan (hers)

16. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Ralliart Touring
      04-13-2012 11:55 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Sortaflush View Post
      SERIOUSLY!

I cannot believe the ballz on some of you telling OP to chill out and relax...oh yeah and be patient. WUT!

Bottom line is someone else has HIS CAR and OP didn't receive any compensation for it. I'd like to see what some of these people would be saying if someone did this to them. unreal.

Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant
      04-13-2012 12:47 PM #52
      This is done.
      Driversport|| Valley Dubs PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

My Build Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12