Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: How to get best deal on redesigned model (2013 Acura RDX)

04-07-2012 11:18 AM #1
      Hey all,

In the market for the new redesigned Acura RDX. Edmunds just released the Invoice prices, and it looks to be a $2K difference.

I was planning on using Costco.com to get the deal, where the price is automatically agreed (usually $300 over invoice) but my local Acura dealer said that they don't have to honor Costco pricing on newer models.

I refuse to pay Additional Dealer Markup on any car, and not too happy to pay MSRP, but what do you suggest my plan be?

2. Member
      Vehicles
      MKV GTI
      04-07-2012 01:28 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
      Hey all,

In the market for the new redesigned Acura RDX. Edmunds just released the Invoice prices, and it looks to be a $2K difference.

I was planning on using Costco.com to get the deal, where the price is automatically agreed (usually $300 over invoice) but my local Acura dealer said that they don't have to honor Costco pricing on newer models.

I refuse to pay Additional Dealer Markup on any car, and not too happy to pay MSRP, but what do you suggest my plan be?
      Keep in mind that cars, like anything else, are a commodity and need to be treated as such. If demand is high and supply is low both the manufacturer and the dealer don't have any reason to discount the cars.

Best thing to do would be to wait, or, you could always see if they have a demo model that they've been using as a test drive car.

-Ken

04-07-2012 11:16 PM #3
      Hey all, wifey test drove all of them (new RDX, Q5 2.0T, BMW X3 2.8, Lexus RX350). While the RDX was very spacious for the size, the Q5 was the car that really resonated with her.

Will post a new post about that car.