VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Hummer H3, what do you know about it?

7K views 36 replies 29 participants last post by  dodger21 
#1 ·
I can't believe I am asking this but what can you tell me about the H3. I will probably sell my Jeep this summer and get something with a little more luxury and space and it seems like used H3's are priced about the same as Wrangler unlimiteds. Not sure I would get one but if I ever did it would have to be a stick and I would probably try to get leather. How well do they hold up? I know the I-5 is under powered but does it get decent miles? Any cool features?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...=MAN&searchRadius=0&listingId=315866000&Log=0

See less See more
#5 ·
5 gallons per mile

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Even with the 5-speed and I5

It's ridiculous and made for people who would do better to spend their compensation money on Enzyte.
I've always been an anti-gm-hummer guy and have felt the same way. The only reason I would even think about considering one is I need something bigger than my wrangler, 4 doors would be nice and and a stick is a must. I would love a Wrangler unlimited but they have held their value and if I would get a new one I'd have to give up my E46

#4 ·
It's ridiculous and made for people who would do better to spend their compensation money on Enzyte.

#14 ·
I did some research on them last year when I was shopping. There were no major "red flags". I think there have been a few with off-roading issues (can't recall suspension?). But you're right, with the depreciation, it does make an interesting option against the Wrangler and FJs.

#34 ·
I'm not sure about all the hate in here. It's a handsome, good-sized SUV and should be reasonably reliable if you're not taking it off-road. The I5 isn't fast, but then again, neither is any of it's competition and these aren't fast SUVs like Cayennes. The mileage is basically the same as its competitors as well. Cheap-looking (read: durable) interiors are the norm in this segment, so that should be no surprise.

If the size of the H3 suits you best, I can't see any reason not to consider one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.