Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2001 Eurovan transmission issues/questions

1. 04-07-2012 02:18 PM #1
      Just found out our 2001 EV automatic transmission has metal in the fluid. Gears wont engage, can't shift into some gears. I am guessing I need to replace tranny. Any sources for trannies? Any way to tell which tranny code using VIN number? I know a lot of questions. Thanks for any insight.

2. 04-08-2012 06:05 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by alvablue View Post
      Just found out our 2001 EV automatic transmission has metal in the fluid. Gears wont engage, can't shift into some gears. I am guessing I need to replace tranny. Any sources for trannies? Any way to tell which tranny code using VIN number? I know a lot of questions. Thanks for any insight.
      Anything from a 2001-2003 will work. 1997-2000 will work too but not sure about the gear ratios for the 12V engine vs. the 24V engine.

I think gowesty.com sells rebuilt transmissions.

Vehicles
      02 EV MV; 02 BMW 325iT; several guitars and mandolins
      04-09-2012 12:20 PM #3
      Local independent VW shop should be able to help (they probably know about the EV tranny issues, etc...)

But I know GoWesty has 'em for about $4000, and they'll ship 'em.

How many miles you have on your tranny? (They often say that if you get to 100,000 miles, you should be OK. Not saying yours is OK; just curious about mileage!)

guluk!