Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Question about oil cap and wheels PIC inside

Vehicles
      2006 FSI 2.0t Passat
      04-07-2012 11:44 PM #1
      So I've bought a '06 Passat 2.0T with 78k on it and i check on the oil and that was fine but the cap looks like this
      This was the picture before i cleaned it alittle it had more gunk and this white almost milky oil on the cap aswell is that good or bad?
      Also what wheels are these? will they fit my car?

thanks
      Last edited by nodashi; 04-07-2012 at 11:47 PM.

2. Member representing_deutsch_land's Avatar
      Vehicles
      b6Passat2.0t
      04-07-2012 11:46 PM #2
      Someone used the wrong oil prob

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Vehicles
      2006 FSI 2.0t Passat
      04-07-2012 11:48 PM #3
      Hmmm seems unlikly i went to jiffylube. I might start changing my own oil :/

Vehicles
      '07 B6 Passat
      04-07-2012 11:54 PM #4
      The milky gunk is just the condensation(water) mixing with the oil. It's a common problem if you drive short distances which doesn't allow the engine to get up to operating temperature to burn it off.

The BMW wheels are 5x120, so you would need adapters
      2007 Candy White/Black Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition| APR Stage 2+ | APR HPFP | Forge WINtake | S3 Intercooler | B&B 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust | Dogbone Insert | FK Silverline+ Coilovers | Front Lip Spoiler/Hi-Def Sideskirts | Votex Trunk Lip Spoiler | R-Line Fog Grilles | Clear Corners | HID Kit - low beams & fogs | RCD-510 | Podi Boost gauge | R-Line Pedals | GTI Steering Wheel |

Vehicles
      2006 FSI 2.0t Passat
      04-08-2012 12:15 AM #5
      is it a bad thing to the engine is its producing the milky gunk? Also i dont even know what the spacers are for... time to hit the wiki to learn about wheels!

Vehicles
      '07 B6 Passat
      04-08-2012 12:50 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by nodashi View Post
      is it a bad thing to the engine is its producing the milky gunk? Also i dont even know what the spacers are for... time to hit the wiki to learn about wheels!
      It would be better for it if it didn't produce it, but it shouldn't have an overall affect on it. Just make sure you do a couple drives a week where the car gets up to normal temp, and it will burn off.

The bolt pattern, PCD, on VWs since 2006 is 5x112, meaning its 5 bolts on a 112mm bolt circle. Adapters bolt to your hubs and change the PCD to a different size.
      2007 Candy White/Black Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition| APR Stage 2+ | APR HPFP | Forge WINtake | S3 Intercooler | B&B 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust | Dogbone Insert | FK Silverline+ Coilovers | Front Lip Spoiler/Hi-Def Sideskirts | Votex Trunk Lip Spoiler | R-Line Fog Grilles | Clear Corners | HID Kit - low beams & fogs | RCD-510 | Podi Boost gauge | R-Line Pedals | GTI Steering Wheel |