Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: MFA questions

Vehicles
      '87 e23 735i, '06 e83 X3 3.0i
      04-08-2012 05:09 AM #1
      I know I'm one of very few on this board with an MFA in my cabby, but I've got to ask somewheres.

It's normally in Celsius, but yesterday it was in Fahrenheit. oil temp was 202 and outside air was 39. I've seen this one other time.

Anyone out there know how I did this?

Edit: I also lost fuel economy reading when I did my engine swap. Is this a vac line or... It was never accurate anyway, was just wondering.

Edit2: I got the vac line, traced it from behind my dash. I have it hooked up, but I should have figured it wouldn't work for boost, since it works off of manifold vacuum.
      Last edited by s2kvondeutschland; 04-08-2012 at 07:20 AM.
      "Zed's dead, baby, Zed's dead."

RooflessVW

Vehicles
      90 Jetta GLI 16v, 99.5 Cabrio Highline
      04-08-2012 06:33 PM #2
      There are no ways to change those settings that I know of. They specifically have seperate board part numbers for each as they are built differently.

Do you know how to get into test mode? The country code will tell you if it's a USA cluster (US-MPG, F, miles), Canada (L/100km, F, km), UK (IMP-MPG, C, miles), or ROW (l/100km, C, km).

If you have a boosted car and want the MPG to work, the best way to do that is to get G60 cluster parts from a Mk2 or Corrado or Passat. They will have a vacuum gauge that can read pressure, and the calculation tables in the MFA will compensate for that.
      A2Resource