Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Need help building a fast G60 for my 83 rabbitGTI

1. 04-08-2012 09:24 AM #1
      Hi everyone I'm new to vortex, Ive owned dubs my whole life. But I recently bought a 83 rabbit and have a g60 motor I want to build and get some ponys out of it I'm gonna do my supercharger through bahn brenner but I need help on what to do to the motor

04-08-2012 03:44 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by 83bunnygti View Post
      Hi everyone I'm new to vortex, Ive owned dubs my whole life. But I recently bought a 83 rabbit and have a g60 motor I want to build and get some ponys out of it I'm gonna do my supercharger through bahn brenner but I need help on what to do to the motor
      call us...we can set you up with the best bang for the bucks
      oh ya, rabbit g60....love it!
      BBM -Bahn Brenner Motorsport
      Face Book
      we share the passion!

Vehicles
      82 Rabbid G60, 99 Chevy Silverado
      04-08-2012 09:25 PM #3
      Also read thru the stickies at the top f the forum. Unfortunately some of the links are dead, but still a bunch of useful info in there.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      B5 s4, 84 g60 rabbit
      04-08-2012 09:43 PM #4
      I have a 84 rabbit and before I blew my head gasket it was an absolute blast I was walking all over vr6 and any stock turbo 1.8t

5. 04-09-2012 07:53 AM #5
      Thanks guys, and I will be callin you folks at bahn brenner I want this rabbit to absolutely rip. And walk over a vr

04-09-2012 12:52 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Prof315 View Post
      Then ditch the charger, bolt on a turbo and add standalone engine management.
      Ditch the charger....what
      A turbo on the g60 8v my friend is down grade in performance, slower...less quick....less torque and less hp! Oh and hate to say it this is not an opinion, this is a fact.
      First of all the power band of the G60 8v pulls to about 6k rpm... turbo just barely starts getting going at the mid point. Supercharger starts going at 2k rpm. Twin screw can make 200 ft lbs to the wheels at only 2k rpm.
      The very extremely heavy internals work horribly with a turbo and I mean horribly.
      The digifant has issues with the boost curve and most always cannot keep up with boost spiking in and out. If you stick with a super the digifant can work just fine.
      Go turbo....my god worst thing you could do on a G60. Just a big fat down grade.
      And yes, I have done more than my share of turbo set up's on G60, they all were slow ran like crap and did not match the supercharger engineering that was done for this engine.
      And if you want to sit here and argue with me....show me one on the 1/4 mile track that can rip off a decent time.... you wont be able to. I bet you cant find one in the 13's! A street car with stock internals...not some drag prepped specialty drag car. Show me
      Face Book
      we share the passion!

04-09-2012 01:32 PM #7
      sucks with any turbo! way too heavy internals....to small, narrow of a power band. should we get into what i really think of stand alone and megasquirt
      Face Book
      we share the passion!

04-09-2012 02:46 PM #8
      great, now lets talk about oranges and water melons
      Face Book
      we share the passion!