Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Is it possible to "flash" EDL or XDS in a B6 Passat ?

1. 04-08-2012 09:28 AM #1
      Just like the thread title says, my 2010 B6 Passat Wagon 2.0t does not have EDL, which my previous car, a 2008 Jetta 2.0t, did have.

I did not think it made such a big difference, especially in winter driving, but OMG !!! With the exact same winter tires, my Jetta would get off the line much quicker and would spin both tires doing so, as opposed to my Passat which spins only one tire and struggles to get off the line on snow or ice.

Also, I have a good set of Goodyear studded winter tires, so these cannot be the source of the problem...

Anybody has ever done such a flash program ? Theoretically, it should be possible as EDL or XDS only uses the brakes to control the spinning wheel and to transfer the power to the other wheel...

Thanks

2. 04-08-2012 09:41 AM #2
      Forgot to mention this, but in my Jetta, I would hear an "ABS-like" sound, especially on snow or ice, which told me that EDL was doing its job, but now in my Passat I never hear this noise, which tells me that there is no EDL working.

I do not think my car is supposed to have EDL, but I am wrong and it should have it ?

3. 04-10-2012 03:26 PM #3
      Anybody ???

Somebody has to know this...

4. Member
      Vehicles
      08 Passat wagon 2.0T 6MT (current). Past: 02 Golf TDI, Dark Beige 88.5 Camry V6 5MT, AE82 Corolla
      04-10-2012 04:21 PM #4
      your car is supposed to have EDL, ASR, & ESP
      2008 Passat wagon, 2.0T 6MT with mods
      Other Rides:
      - 2013 Cannondale CAADX-6
      - 2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
      - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er

Vehicles
      Cobalt Blue '09 Passat Wagon 6MT Comfortline
      04-10-2012 04:57 PM #5
      what he said ^^

If you're in North America your car should have it. If for some reason it doesn't, you should be able to enable it through VCDS as the ABS controller installed the Wagons supports the function as far as I know.
      yaya, bunch of mods go here... | www.angelico.ca |

buy my extra stuff http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...olf-things-too
      --Have VCDS in Nova Scotia, PM me if you need a hand...