Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Are Q5's 2.0T still in short supply?

04-08-2012 12:02 PM #1
      Hi folks,

About a year ago I went to our local Audi dealer looking at Q5's to test drive. I was surprised that they had 0 new ones on the lot,and there was one used one, and a line of three different people waiting to drive/buy that one.

Salesperson said Q5 had been in short supply, that Audi seems to build them more for China.

Is this still the case one year later?

2. 04-08-2012 01:11 PM #2
      goto your local audi dealer's website (or within a certain radius), and look at their inventory to see how abundant they are

Vehicles
      '13 Escape Titanium
      04-09-2012 05:41 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
      Hi folks,

About a year ago I went to our local Audi dealer looking at Q5's to test drive. I was surprised that they had 0 new ones on the lot,and there was one used one, and a line of three different people waiting to drive/buy that one.

Salesperson said Q5 had been in short supply, that Audi seems to build them more for China.

Is this still the case one year later?
      A few of my friends still in the Audi biz say its getting a little better but it still can be a little tricky finding exactly what a customer wants on the lot immediately but that has translated into more orders. Supply was one of the top three reasons why I left Audi (and VW by default) for M-B. Its hard to make a living with no product on the ground to sell.
      Derek Douglas
      Internet Manager
      McKenna VW Cerritos
      562-653-9000

Vehicles
      2013 Candy White GLI Autobahn w/ Nav
      04-10-2012 09:30 AM #4
      I see tons of them while passing dealers all the time, they are not in short supply by any stretch of imagination.