Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: NY Auto Show TDI

1. Semi-n00b
      04-08-2012 12:12 PM #1
      Went yesterday and got in the TDI Beetle they had there. Surprised I was able to turn on the Fender system. That thing rocks!!! Solid wall of sound. Guitars from the Stones song that was playing was clear and punchy. Makes my WRX radio sound like an old transistor radio. Now I just have to go to my dealership and see how long it'll take for a turbo w/ fender audio and xenons.

04-08-2012 06:06 PM #2
      Good to hear, lawn_dart. Those big shows must be awesome to see. Never been to one myself, but.... someday.

I have a buddy called Lawn Dart. He earned the nickname the hard way by turfing it during a parachute landing and breaking his legs. I hope you did not experience the same.

Bill
      2012 Beetle 2.0 TSI/DSG White Launch Edition
      2012 A3 2.0 TDI/DSG White S-Line Premium

3. 04-08-2012 10:14 PM #3
      I was at the Auto Show today and was suppose to meet Ronald there but was busy chasing my Grandson around, but it was fun......(Sorry Ronald--we will meet I promise)----he gave me the Gauges that I installed in my Beetle) As was Quoted they had a TDI there, but nothing else in the Beelte lineup---and I think that was a Large Mistake--but Supposedly they were short on Space....The Sunroof and Guage problems are now History and will be free flowing but they know they are behind on what Options the Public want......
      As far as 2013 Order info there was none----and most of the Help at all the the Different Auto displays, were short on Knowedge, but the Women for the most part get good Grades on there looks etc.......Harvey

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      04-09-2012 07:25 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by htg39 View Post
      I was at the Auto Show today and was suppose to meet Ronald there but was busy chasing my Grandson around, but it was fun......(Sorry Ronald--we will meet I promise)----he gave me the Gauges that I installed in my Beetle) As was Quoted they had a TDI there, but nothing else in the Beelte lineup---and I think that was a Large Mistake--but Supposedly they were short on Space....The Sunroof and Guage problems are now History and will be free flowing but they know they are behind on what Options the Public want......
      As far as 2013 Order info there was none----and most of the Help at all the the Different Auto displays, were short on Knowedge, but the Women for the most part get good Grades on there looks etc.......Harvey
      Harvey, you are right about the lineup of VW cars being nothing much to speak of with the
      exception of the TDI and the Golf R. Did make the mandatory visit of our relatives, checking
      out the new Cayman and Boxster, both of which have grown in size. Very pricey members of
      the 'family', however. Will find a day this summer to 'hook up', Harvey !

5. Semi-n00b
      04-09-2012 09:57 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by htg39 View Post

Yeah all they had was the TDI Beetle. We got in the GLI, eh. Then the GTI, the GF thought it was roomier then the last time we sat in one (of course, cause we had on heavy winter coats), she liked it. Then I made my way over the the lone Beetle TDI, sat in it, sat in one before, and was very impressed.

Hunted down one of the well dressed showperson and asked about any production rates/problems of the Beetle that people were commenting on VWVortex and couldn't really mention any, other than VW 'fixing' the sunroof problem hitting the rear hatch.

Not to sound like a troll, but I went to the Ford showcase and had a very knowledgable showperson, he probably actually worked for Ford, and told me the ins and outs of the Focus ST.

6. 04-14-2012 10:08 PM #6
      You do realize at some auto shows, they hire "models" to present and share basic knowledge. A few years ago, they used to have sales associates from local dealers there, but that no longer seems to be the situation for VW. Subaru like Ford seems to bring their sales people to show.

But let's be honest, if you're job is to sell cars and you are working at the show, any chances at sales are much lower compared to if you are at a dealer. And if I was a sales associate, chances are also likely I would not want to spend my off day at the show.