Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A few MK6 GLI Firsts

1. Member
      Vehicles
      previous cars, 96 jetta trek edition, 02 bt gti, 09 dsg gli-current 2012dsg gli
      06-15-2012 01:27 AM #51
      yur front mount mount was it specifically for the gli =..havent been able to find it info please and what mods to fit

Vehicles
      2013 GLI Autobahn FS, 2010 Jetta Wolf RS, 2012 Dodge Ram 3500
      06-15-2012 01:33 AM #52
      Your car has the perfect stance IMO. Not too much but a noticeable difference.

Do you think those coils would be too much for stock struts? That is my only hold back. Dont want to spend the money on struts as this is just my daily toy.
      Current: 2013 GLI Autobahn FS, 2010 Jetta Wolf RS DSG, 2012 Dodge Ram 3500
      Past: 2012 GLI Autobahn TR, 2011 Jetta SE, 2009 Jetta S, 2008 GTI 4dr, 2006 Passat

3. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI, and other non VW stuff..
      06-15-2012 11:16 AM #53
      dyno?

and almost keep up with a stage 3 sti? in what way? i find that hard to believe..

any ways...any other updates?
      Big turbo, widebody, caged, never ending MK6 GLI Build...
      >>> Project Madonna
      Instagram: @Spintechllc
      Custom split wheel needs? We can help! SPINTECHLLC@GMAIL.COM

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-23-2012 12:50 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by DTC-DESTROYTHECOMPETION View Post
      yur front mount mount was it specifically for the gli =..havent been able to find it info please and what mods to fit
      I had to make it fit... I was just at waterfest 18, the car was at the forge booth and they loved it. talked to peter (owner of Forge) and it will be out for the gli in about 2 months. when i get back to orlando later this week we will start mocking it up for production. also i worked out the bugs for the twintake!! that will also be available around the same time
      /// 12' Forge MK6 GLI DSG Autobahn BMP /// OLDIES but Goldies ///
      Click cars for links...

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-23-2012 12:53 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by MoparDubDude View Post
      Your car has the perfect stance IMO. Not too much but a noticeable difference.

Do you think those coils would be too much for stock struts? That is my only hold back. Dont want to spend the money on struts as this is just my daily toy.
      thank you...

currently i am on Koni FSD struts with H&R Sport springs. about a 1.6 inch drop from stock all around. car handles and feels great, have done a few trips in it (SoWo, Waterfest) with no issues. great all around way to go in my opinion.
      Click cars for links...

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-23-2012 01:08 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      dyno?

and almost keep up with a stage 3 sti? in what way? i find that hard to believe..

any ways...any other updates?
      ok so to clear the air. i dont want to post false #s on there so. I last dynoed it with only a 42 draft design 3in. catless dp, apr sgt2+ 93 octane file, and forge front mount i got 230whp/275ftq. then i added coolingmist stg1 water/meth, forge dv spacer (only for sound), suspension, wheels/tires, ect and i was able to keep up with my friends mk6 golf r with the prototype revo stg2 file about 280whp.

Since then i added a forge twintake and i am also in the works with 42 draft to get a FULL turbo back for the gli (will be out in a few months after we are done fitting it). I also have talked to the GIAC rep who works with Forge US and he said i can get a "less reserved" tune if i go with them (about 25-30 more whp) so we are in the works to get a stg2+ file that is 93 octane and water/meth comparable. we are looking in the range of safely saying a solid 280-325whp/300-325ftq with the water/meth. i will get some dyno sheets as the progress comes around. i keep changing the build as we modify or adapt things to fit the car and numbers keep changing. sorry for any misrepresentation.

photos from this weekend at the Forge Booth for Waterfest 18

Click cars for links...

Vehicles
      2012 jetta GLI
      07-23-2012 10:32 AM #57
      Looks great. I like the new wheels. I actually just spotted them on eBay with tires for 1300 shipped. Quick question: did the amber fogs come as an entire replacement or are they just film overlays? Let me know where you purchased them either way. Thanks ahead of time

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Jetta GLI
      07-23-2012 01:18 PM #58
      That forge intercooler still connects and uses the stock intercooler right?
      Car looks great.
      2012 candy white Jetta GLI

9. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      07-23-2012 01:23 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by smaslow View Post
      ok so to clear the air. i dont want to post false #s on there so. I last dynoed it with only a 42 draft design 3in. catless dp, apr sgt2+ 93 octane file, and forge front mount i got 230whp/275ftq. then i added coolingmist stg1 water/meth, forge dv spacer (only for sound), suspension, wheels/tires, ect and i was able to keep up with my friends mk6 golf r with the prototype revo stg2 file about 280whp.

Since then i added a forge twintake and i am also in the works with 42 draft to get a FULL turbo back for the gli (will be out in a few months after we are done fitting it). I also have talked to the GIAC rep who works with Forge US and he said i can get a "less reserved" tune if i go with them (about 25-30 more whp) so we are in the works to get a stg2+ file that is 93 octane and water/meth comparable. we are looking in the range of safely saying a solid 280-325whp/300-325ftq with the water/meth. i will get some dyno sheets as the progress comes around. i keep changing the build as we modify or adapt things to fit the car and numbers keep changing. sorry for any misrepresentation.

photos from this weekend at the Forge Booth for Waterfest 18
      okay, makes a bit more sense now..still don't think it would keep up with that wrx..but anyhow. 280-325 whp - that sounds very steep for a stage 2+ and stock turbo..that's k04 power territory..but i guess i'll just wait for the dynos to see what's up. either way, keep up the great work and keep us updated! good luck!
      >>> Project Madonna

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-25-2012 05:19 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by vadimr View Post
      Looks great. I like the new wheels. I actually just spotted them on eBay with tires for 1300 shipped. Quick question: did the amber fogs come as an entire replacement or are they just film overlays? Let me know where you purchased them either way. Thanks ahead of time
      the fogs are a laminex film overlay, about 1 mil thick. do the job really well and are easy to replace or install. you can get them off leminex site itself or ecs tuning also sells them. i got the fog and headlight kit and only the fogs fit. the heatlights for this car and my wifes mk6 gti still need work. i would only go fogs for now
      Click cars for links...

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-25-2012 05:21 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by TC4Tay View Post
      That forge intercooler still connects and uses the stock intercooler right?
      Car looks great.
      yes that is correct. forge still retains stock intercooler (either s3 or gti/gli) and then they add a set of simco "y" hoses and the front mount. all hardware is fit to bolt right up. instillation is simple, we did it in an afternoon, with modifications and fitment issues.
      Click cars for links...

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-25-2012 05:26 PM #62
      okay, makes a bit more sense now..still don't think it would keep up with that wrx..but anyhow. 280-325 whp - that sounds very steep for a stage 2+ and stock turbo..that's k04 power territory..but i guess i'll just wait for the dynos to see what's up. either way, keep up the great work and keep us updated! good luck!
      i agree... the numbers are very hard to digest without seeing it on the road. i have learned that numbers really don't mean everything. it is more for barging rights if anything. the fact that i was able to keep up with a mk6 golf r owner who auto-crosses every weekend even shocked me. what it comes down to was my dsg can shift twice as fast and thats where i kept bringing him back in. if both cars were 6-speed i would have had no chance. i will be doing another dyno here in a few weeks when i go GIAC. then we can see what real numbers i can put down with a more agressive tune and stg 1 water/meth..
      Click cars for links...

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
      07-25-2012 05:31 PM #63
      So those are euro headlights where you put in projectors yourself, right? I tried the euro headlights from ECS, and they never ended up working. They told me they had a fixed for the bulb put errors, but then just gave up and had me return them. I am getting some bi-xenons from the 2013 mailed to me soon!
      2012 GLI TR 6MT
      APR ECU / APR DP+AWE Track / Carbonio / FK Konigs

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-25-2012 05:35 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by mkvowner View Post
      So those are euro headlights where you put in projectors yourself, right? I tried the euro headlights from ECS, and they never ended up working. They told me they had a fixed for the bulb put errors, but then just gave up and had me return them. I am getting some bi-xenons from the 2013 mailed to me soon!
      these are my stocks from the factory 12' autobahn gli. they were shipped off to theretrofitsource in atlanta and had fx-r 3.0 progectors and mk5 gti/r shrouds added. i still have my euro lights that look great, but like you they still have bulb code issues.
      Click cars for links...

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
      07-25-2012 05:39 PM #65
      Cool. If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge? And did you cut them open first?
      2012 GLI TR 6MT

16. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
      07-25-2012 05:45 PM #66
      Cool. If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge? And did you cut them open first?
      2012 GLI TR 6MT

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-25-2012 05:50 PM #67
      cut open is an understatement. but yes they had to be cut open retrofitted, painted, assembled, and resealed.

i went on their site and originally got a the projectors and shrouds for $170. then i went to ddmtuning and got a hid kit for cheap..

i couldnt back them open so i gave up, i ran into matt the owner of the retrofit source this year at sowo. he offered to the the retrofit for cost, so depending on the kit you buy and when he retrofits them you would be looking around $800 give or take depending on the quality of shrouds, projectors, painting, and hid kit you get.

but i am happy to say after all of that the lights look great and i was on the "skyline drive" appalachian trail for about 80 miles over the weekend in the middle of the night and avoided a fox, 3 deer, and a black bear due to these lights.. great fun and the lights work great.

Click cars for links...

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
      07-27-2012 12:08 PM #68
      Yeah they look good. I did it myself and I'm not to impressed with my dremel skills...but they look good on the car.
      2012 GLI TR 6MT

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TDI 6-spd
      07-27-2012 12:50 PM #69
      Love it so far. Buttons are hilarious!

20. Forum Sponsor Patrick@Spintech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      07-27-2012 12:56 PM #70
      those headlights are making me jealous. i want a pair, asap!
      >>> Project Madonna

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn DSG Black Metallic Pearl
      07-27-2012 01:03 PM #71
      So what wheels do you have on now?

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-27-2012 01:35 PM #72
      Yeah they look good. I did it myself and I'm not to impressed with my dremel skills...but they look good on the car.
      I agree. I would have hacked mine to bits. It was easier to pay to have them done. Great look amazing turnaround. I am really impressed.
      Click cars for links...

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-27-2012 01:37 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by tbone1989 View Post
      Love it so far. Buttons are hilarious!
      Thanks!! I kinda feel like James bond every time I drive it. Lol. And they are all functional as well. From left to right. ASR, water/meth, garage door, radar off
      Click cars for links...

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-27-2012 01:39 PM #74
      those headlights are making me jealous. i want a pair, asap!
      Thanks Patrick. They were well worth it. Less then a set of 2013 hybrid lights. And they can be customized to whatever you want. projectors, shrouds, paint, HIDs
      Click cars for links...

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli
      07-27-2012 01:41 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by PeeLo801 View Post
      So what wheels do you have on now?
      They are called Avant Guard M310s I have the gunmetal with machined faces. I originally wanted the black with machined but they were discontinued.
      Click cars for links...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast