Vehicles
      2012 GLI Autobahn DSG Black Metallic Pearl
      07-27-2012 01:03 PM #71
      So what wheels do you have on now?

Vehicles
      12' Forge MK6 Gli, 13' Gti
      07-27-2012 01:35 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by mkvowner View Post
      Yeah they look good. I did it myself and I'm not to impressed with my dremel skills...but they look good on the car.
      I agree. I would have hacked mine to bits. It was easier to pay to have them done. Great look amazing turnaround. I am really impressed.

Vehicles
      07-27-2012 01:37 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by tbone1989 View Post
      Love it so far. Buttons are hilarious!
      Thanks!! I kinda feel like James bond every time I drive it. Lol. And they are all functional as well. From left to right. ASR, water/meth, garage door, radar off

Vehicles
      07-27-2012 01:39 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by pattrick02 View Post
      those headlights are making me jealous. i want a pair, asap!
      Thanks Patrick. They were well worth it. Less then a set of 2013 hybrid lights. And they can be customized to whatever you want. projectors, shrouds, paint, HIDs

Vehicles
      07-27-2012 01:41 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by PeeLo801 View Post
      So what wheels do you have on now?
      They are called Avant Guard M310s I have the gunmetal with machined faces. I originally wanted the black with machined but they were discontinued.

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TDI 6-spd
      07-27-2012 02:45 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by smaslow View Post
      Thanks!! I kinda feel like James bond every time I drive it. Lol. And they are all functional as well. From left to right. ASR, water/meth, garage door, radar off
      Wish i knew how to do all of that.

Vehicles
      BT MK6 GLI | E39 WAGON | 360 Spider
      07-27-2012 03:38 PM #77
      Thanks Patrick. They were well worth it. Less then a set of 2013 hybrid lights. And they can be customized to whatever you want. projectors, shrouds, paint, HIDs
      as soon as i can find a set of donor headlights, i'll be putting something together myself..it's such a pain finding a set used in good conditions
      PROJECT MADONNA
      My No Longer Bagged, But Still Big Turbo MK6 GLI
      SPINTECH (Wheels, wheels, wheels)
      WILL A MOD PLEASE HELP ME CHANGE THE TITLE OF MY BUILD THREAD?
      @patrick_wheelfreak

Vehicles
      07-27-2012 03:51 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by tbone1989 View Post
      Wish i knew how to do all of that.
      It's really easy depending on what your doing. What are you looking to do and maybe I can help.

Vehicles
      07-27-2012 03:52 PM #79
      as soon as i can find a set of donor headlights, i'll be putting something together myself..it's such a pain finding a set used in good conditions
      I do have an extra set of jetta euro lights that would be nice to do it to. if your interested.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      previous cars, 96 jetta trek edition, 02 bt gti, 09 dsg gli-current 2012dsg gli
      07-30-2012 09:18 AM #80
      Can you post up close up pics of the left side of the fmic ...did the ac lines give you any issues on that side

Vehicles
      07-30-2012 10:05 AM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by DTC-DESTROYTHECOMPETION View Post
      Can you post up close up pics of the left side of the fmic ...did the ac lines give you any issues on that side
      Yes it did. I am still waiting for forge to take the car for final mockup. The mount I fabed is not the best and I don't think forge will use it. We are looking to redesign the mounts totally just for the issue of the ac lines. A standard gti intercooler does not have enough support after removing enough material to clear the lines. I am running into sagging issues due to the lack of support. Forge is working on a solution this week and we should have this in production very soon. Just from the popularity from Waterfest they have already chose to greenlight this and the twintake as soon as possible.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      07-30-2012 10:13 AM #82
      I just put on a fmic on my mk6 gli and cant say its the best mounted...those lines leave very little space to mess with, i was gonna have a friend make me some sort of mount just for peace of mind, and i also had the forge twin take on my car but sold it, i never came around to messing with the connection on the second filter and just bought the carbino stge 1 and 2

Vehicles
      07-30-2012 10:29 AM #83
      I just put on a fmic on my mk6 gli and cant say its the best mounted...those lines leave very little space to mess with, i was gonna have a friend make me some sort of mount just for peace of mind, and i also had the forge twin take on my car but sold it, i never came around to messing with the connection on the second filter and just bought the carbino stge 1 and 2
      I probably have about 10 hours of shop time into getting the frontmount to fit. The drivers side is fine, just bend the tabs to fit. The passenger side needs to be reengineered from scratch. You can cut one of the two mounts off to make it work but you will only have half the support.

The twintake we have over 20 hours into with trying different hose and side scoop combos then modifying that combination to work. The stock gti front scoop fits but had to be moved over. And the side scoop we used was a highly modded seat leon cupra r scoop not even sold here in the US.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      07-30-2012 11:18 AM #84
      Seems like were going somewhat in the same route so far i have atp dp, the stge 1 and 2 intake,forge fmic, magnaflowe exausht, and i have a k04 a friend offerd me there but contemplatin on keepin it...btw do u have a fb

Vehicles
      07-30-2012 11:53 AM #85
      I do have an extra set of jetta euro lights that would be nice to do it to. if your interested.
      pm sent.
      PROJECT MADONNA
      @patrick_wheelfreak

Vehicles
      07-30-2012 11:55 AM #86
      Seems like were going somewhat in the same route so far i have atp dp, the stge 1 and 2 intake,forge fmic, magnaflowe exausht, and i have a k04 a friend offerd me there but contemplatin on keepin it...btw do u have a fb
      Yeah we are close. I am looking to k04 it later next year. I want to enjoy it as it is now.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      07-30-2012 09:54 PM #87
      my gli

Vehicles
      07-30-2012 09:56 PM #88
      Yeah we are close. I am looking to k04 it later next year. I want to enjoy it as it is now.
      k04 it now!
      PROJECT MADONNA
      @patrick_wheelfreak

Vehicles
      07-31-2012 01:08 AM #89
      k04 it now!
      Lol. Umm my wife and newborn son I am sure would not approve just yet. We will see. I will keep everyone up to date when it happens.

Vehicles
      1981 Scirocco S-Mars Red; 2004 Jetta GLS 1.8t-Reflex Silver, 2012 GLI 6M PGM, 1998 Jetta 2.0 Red
      08-01-2012 12:50 AM #90
      my gli
      Funny, I've got a PG GLI also, but hadn't taken any pix of it yet and just the other day I did some crude photoshoping on an earlier pix of your car to see what grille trim pieces I was going to paint red or black out. I've been running without the chrome grille trim for a bit now, so it looks blacked from a distance, but I had pretty much decided to go with what you have in this pix... red horizontal and blacked out lower. Thanks for helping me make up my mind...

BTW... love the wheel/suspension setup and was also seriously considering the same, but went a different route... I would have most certainly got hated on for copying then.

Vehicles
      08-01-2012 09:52 AM #91
      my gli
      I do agree with VWfreak on this on. The car looks great in that wheel/ suspension combo

Vehicles
      10 Jetta, 14 RAM 1500
      08-01-2012 10:21 AM #92
      those headlights are making me jealous. i want a pair, asap!
      this... think we'd get a discount going 2 for 1?

Vehicles
      08-01-2012 10:43 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by madrussian View Post
      Lol. 2 for 1. Prob not. I can see if he wants to do a group discount. Is that something you guys would be interested in?

Vehicles
      08-01-2012 10:46 AM #94
      Lol. 2 for 1. Prob not. I can see if he wants to do a group discount. Is that something you guys would be interested in?
      hmm, if the price is right, quite possibly..if not, i'll just do it myself.
      PROJECT MADONNA
      @patrick_wheelfreak

Vehicles
      08-01-2012 01:26 PM #95
      hmm, if the price is right, quite possibly..if not, i'll just do it myself.
      i chose to use the oem hella lights. i had matt @ TRS do them for me and well we ran into some issues, but they came out great. i can't speak on the quality of the tyc lights, but i know that Matt @ TRS does use them from time to time. i am in the works of putting a deal together with him where TRS will do the retrofit at a discounted rate. it is looking like $300 labor for tyc lights + projector kit or $700 labor for oem hella lights + projector kit. the projector packages we are putting together will be around $300 and include everything (projectors, shrouds, wiring, HID bulbs, ballasts, and EC eliminators). any extras like halos or special paint can be worked out with him when ordering. the packages will be between 2 different projectors and maybe 2-3 different shrouds to select from for either projector. the HIDs can be selected by color and size depending on what you want. either way Matt from TRS is really trying to help us out considering there is nothing on the market for jetta owners at this time. there was a great interest about these lights when i was at the Forge booth at Waterfest 18 last weekend and he is looking to be the top company to work with us. i know that lights for upwards of $1000 is kind of pricy but considering the mk6 gli or golf r stock euro lights were close to $800 shipped when they came out i think it is worth it for custom lights. if you get tyc lights for $270, retrofit for $300, and projector kit for $300... you are still looking at $870 total for custom lights and you will still have an extra stock set still at home. oem would be around $700 for retrofit and $300 for projector kit.. so about $1000 total.

Vehicles
      10 Jetta, 14 RAM 1500
      08-02-2012 01:16 PM #96
      im not overly worried about the cost. 1k seems pretty normal for a full set of hid headlights w/ ballasts, bulbs, etc.

i like the work they did, though i'd prefer they were done in e-code housings and w/o errors.

Vehicles
      08-02-2012 01:50 PM #97
      im not overly worried about the cost. 1k seems pretty normal for a full set of hid headlights w/ ballasts, bulbs, etc.

i like the work they did, though i'd prefer they were done in e-code housings and w/o errors.
      Mine are done in the oem housings with no error codes at all. I have been running them for a few weeks and only a few minor adjustments needed on aiming and they are solid. Well worth the money.

Vehicles
      08-02-2012 04:23 PM #98
      1k seems about right..that's cool that they're willing to work with us..and they seem like they know what they're doing, which is good.
      PROJECT MADONNA
      @patrick_wheelfreak

29. Member
      Vehicles
      09-02-2012 10:36 PM #99
      bump for an update. I read that you were planning to go with GIAC stage 2. If you have, i'm curious what your thoughts are on it in comparison to apr's stage 2 file. Also curious if you got a chance to dyno it.

I recently got flashed to GIAC stage 2 with SPM dp and neuspeed p-flo and my car is now an entirely different car when I push it, but it's retained its factory smooth ride when cruising. Now i'm just wondering if you have any dyno numbers I can go by

Vehicles
      09-02-2012 10:45 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by PeeLo801 View Post
      bump for an update. I read that you were planning to go with GIAC stage 2. If you have, i'm curious what your thoughts are on it in comparison to apr's stage 2 file. Also curious if you got a chance to dyno it.

I recently got flashed to GIAC stage 2 with SPM dp and neuspeed p-flo and my car is now an entirely different car when I push it, but it's retained its factory smooth ride when cruising. Now i'm just wondering if you have any dyno numbers I can go by
      Yes I wold love to know as well. Forge has been super busy so I haven't been able to get up there yet to have the GIAC loaded. I was told sometime this month. After that I will have it dynoed with and without water-meth for both sets of numbers. Thank you for your questions and hang in there.

31. Member
      Vehicles
      09-02-2012 10:49 PM #101
      Yes I wold love to know as well. Forge has been super busy so I haven't been able to get up there yet to have the GIAC loaded. I was told sometime this month. After that I will have it dynoed with and without water-meth for both sets of numbers. Thank you for your questions and hang in there.

Right on. Looking forward to your updates.
      GIAC - Stage 2 // SPM Street Downpipe // Neuspeed P-flo Intake [red] // TSW Nurburgring 18x8 [gunmetal machined face]// DG Springs

Vehicles
      10-05-2012 10:03 PM #102
      There has been some delays in the plans. I am still in he middle of getting Forge all of the plans for the Twintake and Twintercooler. The easy part was fabing it, the hard part is producing it. I should be done soon. And hope to have GIAC and DSG software soon

Vehicles
      10-06-2012 12:32 PM #103
      PROJECT MADONNA
      @patrick_wheelfreak

34. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Mk6 GLI
      10-06-2012 09:14 PM #104
      I'm really looking forward to seeing this!

I wonder why more people don't use meth. I'm sure it will show promising results
      Automotive student
      2013 DSG MK6 GLI
      AWE k04/ Unitronic Stage 2+/ ATP downpipe/ Boostmaster intercooler/ Stage 1 Carbonio intake/ DG lowering springs/ APR rear sway bar/ Hankook Ventus V12 Evos k110/ Forge spacer/ GP Thunder 7500k Fog lights

Vehicles
      10-07-2012 11:17 PM #105
      In due time boys and girls.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast