Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: New B7 questions?

1. 04-08-2012 03:52 PM #1
      Okay I just picked up my Black on black B7!
      I've got a couple of questions about it!

1 . It is a Canadian car and I noticed that the speedo only reads in kilometers per hour?
      I've always had cars which have both kph and Mph so that when I travel to the US I have a proper gauge to use?

2nd Why are the vehicles so differently equipped?
      The US cars are either S, SE, or SEL while the Canadian cars are Trendline, Trendline +, Comfortline and Highline?

3rd Don't even get me started on pricing!!

2. Member
      04-18-2012 12:04 PM #2
      VW of America and VW Canada are completely different subsidiaries of VWAG.

Trendline, Trendline +, Comfortline and Highline are used in the rest of the world (outside the US).

In the US, we can't get sunroofs on a lot of models with manual transmissions, or leather seats. VWoA has increasingly de-contented our cars and has been adopting a marketing perspective that we're all stuffing our faces with cheeseburgers while texting behind the wheel of a '94 Camry with crank-up windows.

Speedo dials with a single unit of speed is probably for esthetics (looks less cluttered) but may be a cost saving move to decrease the number of parts needed in specific world markets.

3. 04-18-2012 02:13 PM #3
      Just change your units in the settings on the MFI and us the MFI digital speedo when you're in the US.
      2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
      Night Blue/Consilk Beige

4. Member
      04-18-2012 02:34 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by brian81 View Post
      VW of America and VW Canada are completely different subsidiaries of VWAG.

Trendline, Trendline +, Comfortline and Highline are used in the rest of the world (outside the US).
      ...But aren't Canada's Passats now also built at the same TN plant as the US market cars?
      Partner: 2012 Passat SEL 2.5L, 2000 Audi A6 (non-Quattro), 1996 Audi A4 (non-Quattro)

Me: 1995 Passat GLX VR6, 1987 Jetta GL, 1985 Jetta GL